talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also forgot to comment on this part - I think Moff Gideon/whoever's behind him wants the Yodling for cloning in order to consolidate power and rebuild the empire. This theory appears to be partially supported by the presence of the scientist from the Kamino cloning facility. I would really love to see Thrawn being the mastermind behind all that; that's probably unlikely though. Or if Moff Gideon turns out to be the main villain, maybe he seeks a force-being in order to somehow find the way to get force powers for himself?

I also have another wild theory but it's related to the new movie so I won't post anything in order not to spoil anything haha...

I do think that Favreau will stray away from a force-antagonist for as long as he can because its been overdone and hes the kind of guy that likes to forge new paths and Disney will let him do so. Gideon isn't the main villain here although that could also be true as when Herzog talks to him it seems to coincide with the first encounter we have with The Client in which he talks about someone who wants BY. Still think there's a bigger villain here and its someone from cannon. 

Having more force-entities as protagonists/antagonists in this would imo ruin the series as to me Jedi are just f'ing annoying and whenever a Sith gives one a whack and sends them to the afterlife an angel gets its wings back. But that's just me. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I do think that Favreau will stray away from a force-antagonist for as long as he can because its been overdone and hes the kind of guy that likes to forge new paths and Disney will let him do so. Gideon isn't the main villain here although that could also be true as when Herzog talks to him it seems to coincide with the first encounter we have with The Client in which he talks about someone who wants BY. Still think there's a bigger villain here and its someone from cannon. 

Having more force-entities as protagonists/antagonists in this would imo ruin the series as to me Jedi are just f'ing annoying and whenever a Sith gives one a whack and sends them to the afterlife an angel gets its wings back. But that's just me. 

A big fan of the Jedi, I see xD :P 

That's why I hope it's Grand Admiral Thrawn - a legendary character who has already been reintroduced back into canon (by the books and then in the Rebels by Filoni as well!); he's cunning and intelligent, can't stand the New Republic and would do anything to restore the Empire - a perfect antagonist for the show!

• Subscriber
On 28/12/2019 at 23:16, nudge said:

A big fan of the Jedi, I see xD :P 

That's why I hope it's Grand Admiral Thrawn - a legendary character who has already been reintroduced back into canon (by the books and then in the Rebels by Filoni as well!); he's cunning and intelligent, can't stand the New Republic and would do anything to restore the Empire - a perfect antagonist for the show!

Wouldn't put anything past Favreau. He's been known to utilize cannon to his benefit with any work he does, most notably with the Iron Man work. It's a bit sad that we are past the events of the SWS because we may have gotten to see Darth Maul again but I suppose thats okay as long as they continue this old western style paced format.

P.S. Do you follow Clone Wars the show?

Watched the last one yesterday evening.... Superb!! 

Can't wait for the second season already, that's going to be an adventure... Been a quality show that moved at the right pace and a decent storyline without the characters having to be in your face the whole time.. thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.. 

• Subscriber
On 30/12/2019 at 07:16, Mel81x said:

Wouldn't put anything past Favreau. He's been known to utilize cannon to his benefit with any work he does, most notably with the Iron Man work. It's a bit sad that we are past the events of the SWS because we may have gotten to see Darth Maul again but I suppose thats okay as long as they continue this old western style paced format.

P.S. Do you follow Clone Wars the show?

Yes but only started watching recently so I'm not up to date with it all yet... 

On 28/12/2019 at 05:59, Mel81x said:

I like how she leveled Mando up in little pieces. Here’s your jet pack, here’s your sigil, induct the little one and oh while you’re at it here’s all the ammo you’ll need as well. 

Gotta love the balls on the character as well to go full OldBoy on that group of stormtroopers.  For anyone who hasn't seen that awesome corridor fight sequence.

The way she leveled him up makes me think there's going to be a Mando video game sometime soon & you'll end up going to the Armorer for upgrades.

Finished it yesterday and tbh I was a bit disappointed.

I liked the vibe of the first two episodes but in the end the story was too shallow for my liking. I just missed something and often had the feeling that the creators were rather uncreative in advancing the story.

I'm not saying that it was bad but I felt that the whole thing had much more potential.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Finished it yesterday and tbh I was a bit disappointed.

I liked the vibe of the first two episodes but in the end the story was too shallow for my liking. I just missed something and often had the feeling that the creators were rather uncreative in advancing the story.

I'm not saying that it was bad but I felt that the whole thing had much more potential.

sad-baby-yoda-noises-pewdiepie-ill-eat-baby-yoda-baby-65768083.png

Apart from 1 or 2 filler episodes, this was awesome. Great finale too. IG-11 is bad ass. Also the way Baby Yoda laughed when IG-11 was killing the storm troopers. :D awwwwwwwwww. 

Baby Yoda cost 5 Million :o

It’s pretty safe to say that The Mandalorian’s Baby Yoda was one of the standout stars of 2019 – despite being, you know, just a puppet. But it seems that getting your stars on-screen definitely comes at a cost, and in the case of Baby Yoda, that was a serious chunk of change. Cute beyond belief and delivering some of the best scenes of the series, viewers weren’t prepared for the little one – which is around 50 years old in their timeline – to be punched in the face by a stormtrooper at the end of the series run. But it’s because of this brutal blow by comedian Adam Pally that we found out Baby Yoda had more than sentimental and meme value to the team… a lot more value. Speaking at the TCAs about the scene, Adam Pally said (via TVLine): ‘I remember the first take that I did when I punched it, they called “cut” and Jon [Favreau], who was watching on a monitor in his office, came down and said, “I just want to let you know that this is the hero, and it costs, like, $5 million (£3.8million). I want you to hit it, but I want you to know that.”’

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Did he express an opinion on The Mandalorian? 

He gave  Filloni some advice at the start and then later said "The Mandalorian is fine" apparently. Coming from him it's worth a lot :4_joy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived