• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep. At the time The Mandalorian takes place she should be around 40 years old.

Rosario Dawson has been officially cast as Ahsoka. And she's 40. 

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Awwww, I still...

[The Rise of Skywalker spoilers ahread]

would have loved for Hayden to make an appearance as a Force Ghost go Kylo in the Rise of Skywalker. But at least we got to hear him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 3 is already being written.... 

While The Mandalorian season 2 doesn't even arrive until October, season 3 of the Disney Plus Star Wars smash hit has started pre-production, according to a new report. Creator Jon Favreau has been writing the next season of the show "for a while", and Lucasfilm's world-class art department apparently started working on the next season as of April 20.

That's according to Variety, which notes that the art department has to begin working on the show now because it requires "such a huge lead time", says its source. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/the-mandalorian-season-3-is-already-being-written-by-jon-favreau/ar-BB131FHY?ocid=spartanntp

Talking of Baby Yoda @nudge I have not forgotten your request to get you that one in the picture but even after exhaustive searching I believe it is from a knitting pattern and maybe just a one off??  I have however sourced an alternative that may be of interest.. let me know

See the source image

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Talking of Baby Yoda @nudge I have not forgotten your request to get you that one in the picture but even after exhaustive searching I believe it is from a knitting pattern and maybe just a one off??  I have however sourced an alternative that may be of interest.. let me know

See the source image

Yeah, that one unfortunately turned out to be custom made... but either way, I wasn't being serious! You definitely don't have to get a plush Baby Yoda for me... xD Your effort and concern for my well being due to lack of baby yodas in my life is very much appreciated though :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett and the army of his clones in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, will make an appearance in the second season of The Mandalorian. Morrison will reportedly be playing Boba Fett (Jango's son and clone) in the series, a part which is said to be, "just a small role."

:o :o :o

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett and the army of his clones in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, will make an appearance in the second season of The Mandalorian. Morrison will reportedly be playing Boba Fett (Jango's son and clone) in the series, a part which is said to be, "just a small role."

:o :o :o

I told you! That ending scene, episode 4 I think, it was Boba walking towards the assassins corpse!

Ok so I’ve finished the series now and the last episode was confusing, I didn’t realise the timeline of this series and that it takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi...so with that being the case why did The Mandalorian speak of the Jedi and the force as if it was an ancient or old myth? The Jedi as people who may have once existed? When Luke is still alive and at this point literally teaching a school of Jedi

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ok so I’ve finished the series now and the last episode was confusing, I didn’t realise the timeline of this series and that it takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi...so with that being the case why did The Mandalorian speak of the Jedi and the force as if it was an ancient or old myth? The Jedi as people who may have once existed? When Luke is still alive and at this point literally teaching a school of Jedi

I was thinking about that too. The Old Republic was dismantled like 40 years ago, which is what I’m assuming he’s referring to. 

Another factor is this is a universe without television and news broadcast 

• Subscriber

It didn't make much sense to me either. But in my best attempt to try an find an explanation, I'd argue that a) The Jedi Order/the Force was already somewhat mythical even during the golden age of the Republic, and the Jedi were relatively few compared to the billions of inhabitants in a vast galaxy. Even Han didn't believe the Force in the original movie and thought it was just a myth. b) The Empire put a lot of effort trying to purge the Jedi from the history and general knowledge. c) Luke's abilities and Jedi status wasn't a common knowledge, he was known mostly as the hero of the Rebellion. Similar to how nobody even knew that Leia was Vader's daughter, until it was revealed decades later. 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

It didn't make much sense to me either. But in my best attempt to try an find an explanation, I'd argue that a) The Jedi Order/the Force was already somewhat mythical even during the golden age of the Republic, and the Jedi were relatively few compared to the billions of inhabitants in a vast galaxy. Even Han didn't believe the Force in the original movie and thought it was just a myth. b) The Empire put a lot of effort trying to purge the Jedi from the history and general knowledge. c) Luke's abilities and Jedi status wasn't a common knowledge, he was known mostly as the hero of the Rebellion. Similar to how nobody even knew that Leia was Vader's daughter, until it was revealed decades later. 

Yeah this seems to be the reasoning most people are going with which does make sense, I think I'm going to need to watch all the films from start to finish to see if that comes across again

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, nudge said:

Timothy Olyphant joins Season 2 in an undisclosed role. 

Didn't he do a half decent modern western style TV show years ago, Justice was its name? I can't remember the name but all said and done I hope they put a gun in hand because he was quite good in that show.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't he do a half decent modern western style TV show years ago, Justice was its name? I can't remember the name but all said and done I hope they put a gun in hand because he was quite good in that show.

Do you mean Deadwood? That show is class and I loved him in it...

EDIT: Ah, you mean Justified! That was quite decent too...

Archived