talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well,  that I missed an important reveal in the last episode ,yes. But I don't know when the episodes are released. I didn't pay much attention to the release in general. 

tenor.gif

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel like starting a petition to make Jon Favreau the creative director for the whole Star Wars franchise. Like Kevin Feige is with Marvel. The man knows start wars. He knows how to bridge the gap between nostalgia and present day storytelling. Give him the keys to the castle as far as I’m concerned. 

• Subscriber

Whoa, what an episode! Badass.

So many things... Bo-Katan, for starters, on the mission to get back the Darksaber and take back Mandalore. We also got another confirmation that the Mandalorian group that saved Din as a child was indeed the Death Watch, which then transformed into a a radical, fundamentalist sect after the Great Purge. Ahsoka Tano name being dropped! We finally got confirmation that she's the Jedi contact that Din Djarin will have to find and bring the child to. What planet did they say she's on? Corvus? I wonder how that will go, considering that Ahsoka isn't technically a Jedi anymore. However, Ahsoka's voice was part of the Jedi ghost voices in the last Star Wars movie, so maybe we will see her returning back to the Order at some point? Moff Gideon is also back! Love how everything starts to connect properly in this episode; definitely one of my favourite ones so far... Great story progression, connection to the canon, and also some nice action.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The pirate like bad guys with the tentacles kept reminding me of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Had that feel about it.

Quarren! They are wankers. 

And I was also wondering what they reminded me of, thanks for clarifying that, Davy Jones is spot on xD 

• Subscriber

Think Favreau should never make a movie and stick to these short TV type projects. The amount he jammed into this episode makes up for the slow start to the season (as was expected). I was also pleasantly surprised to see Bryce Dallas as the director on this episode.

Considering Bo-Katan has spent time with Ahsoka I found it weird that she used the word 'might' instead of being more definitive with the Jedi's location. I also half expected her to recognize the Yoda genus but she and the Jedi were compatriots past her time as a Padawan with Anakin so its possible she never saw Yoda. 

The other interesting plot twist is that Moff has a very powerful weapon from Mandalore and this means we'll see a Mandalorian show-down somewhere towards the end of this season again and I really hope to god a lot of Mandalorians get the axe leaving them depleted for the next season. 

Lastly, this all just brings more to light the Fett cameo at the end of the episode in the desert and it makes me wonder if Fett is aligned with or against Mandalore. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Think Favreau should never make a movie and stick to these short TV type projects. The amount he jammed into this episode makes up for the slow start to the season (as was expected). I was also pleasantly surprised to see Bryce Dallas as the director on this episode.

Hide contents

Considering Bo-Katan has spent time with Ahsoka I found it weird that she used the word 'might' instead of being more definitive with the Jedi's location. I also half expected her to recognize the Yoda genus but she and the Jedi were compatriots past her time as a Padawan with Anakin so its possible she never saw Yoda. 

The other interesting plot twist is that Moff has a very powerful weapon from Mandalore and this means we'll see a Mandalorian show-down somewhere towards the end of this season again and I really hope to god a lot of Mandalorians get the axe leaving them depleted for the next season. 

Lastly, this all just brings more to light the Fett cameo at the end of the episode in the desert and it makes me wonder if Fett is aligned with or against Mandalore. 

I thought Bo-Katan's and Ahsoka's last time together was during the Siege of Mandalore? That would make it about 30 years before the events in The Mandalorian, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bo-Katan only knew approximate location of her, especially due to the chaos brought on the Great Purge, the resistance and the fall of the Empire. Or maybe she just meant that Ahsoka might not want to be found...

I think Din Djarin will at some point join Bo-Katan and her Mandalorian resistance, becoming less and less radical in his views due to their influence, resulting in him removing his helmet just like them.

Still eager to see more of Moff Gideon and the plans of his fleet of imperial remnant. Him having the darksaber, his plans to get the child, the clone scientist - I wonder if that will somehow connect to Palpatine's revival plans at some point.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I personally hope Favreau avoids including any connections to the new trilogy. 

I really think that's inevitable. The idea of Moff Gideon being behind the resurrection of Palpatine is the most logical to me; can't see why he'd be so interested in Force users and cloning otherwise. That's been my theory ever since we found out that the Emperor was back, even before wathcing The Rise of Skywalker, and seeing how we're already getting connections to other characters and events from the canon, that would make the most sense. Especially as it would also be a perfect opportunity to give the backstory to Palpatine's return that seemed so abrupt in the final movie.

Just watched the last episode! 

Short one, but a good one. So the "real" Mandalorians basically see our Mando as some old fashioned extremist?

:D That was kinda funny, and fits how people interpret religion these days. Very cool episode though, with many badass moments. I was afraid that Baby Yoda was going to eat that baby brog after all. And Ahsoka's name being mentioned. :o I enjoy the shit out of the series.

And shoutout to Bryce Dallas Howard who directed this episode. Phenomenal job! I didn't even know she directed. Only knew her as an actress so far. 

edit: Ok, I just discovered that she is Ron Howard's daughter. That explains a lot including the red hair. 

• Subscriber

Really enjoyed the latest episode, probably one of my top favourites so far.

The secret lab, the hologram, and the reveal at the very end of the episode (dark trooper armour?) were the most intriguing parts for me. At this point, I'm unsure of what is the real purpose of it all. Dr. Pershing in the hologram mentioned that the experiment has been failing, as the volunteer bodies reject the blood transfusion and die after a while. Are they trying to use the blood of a force-sensitive being with a high M-count (can't believe we officially have midichlorians back, haha) in order to make a non-force-sensitive being into a force-sensitive one? If that's the case, what is the main goal of that? Is Moff Gideon simply building a force wielding dark trooper army, or is his end goal to become force-sensitive himself once the tech is perfected? Or is it something even bigger? Given that the deformed bodies in the lab looked pretty much like Snoke, and his theme was playing during that scene? I mean, the similarities doesn't seem to be coincidental... is what we're seeing in that tank some sort of a proto-Snoke clone body, which is intended to be perfected to become a vessel for Palpatine, and that's what the experiment is all about? How are this Imperial Remnant, the First Order and the Final Order connected?

2coghqqu8f061.png

So many questions after watching Chapter 12...

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love this show.

I forget how to do spoilers, but I’ll say I think @nudge is probably onto something with her first order theory.

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] 

just remove the spaces inside the square brackets...

Archived