• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the latest episode. 

This show really strikes the balance between being an adventure show it's own, and having real connections and hints to the Star Wars Universe. The thing with the "M-Count" was really interesting. They're trying to re-create a Jedi like being in a lab? apart from that, i'm with nudge's post.

Also Baby Yoda is stealing the cookies, and still having him on Mando's ship made me laugh. xD And then he did the rollercoaster pose when they made those maneuvers. xD

Anyway, some non spoiler stuff. 

X-Wings are still cool as fuck.

Stormtroopers are still dumb as shit. 

Gina Carano is still hot as hell. 

Following all the praise this was getting on here I watched the first two of Series 1 - so-so but kept with it and got totally hooked by No 8 - now I'm waiting for No 5 tomorrow night and it will take precedence over practically all others.  Thanks you lot for pointing me in this direction - at least with no new Young Sheldon yet I have something to look forward to each week:ay:

59 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Following all the praise this was getting on here I watched the first two of Series 1 - so-so but kept with it and got totally hooked by No 8 - now I'm waiting for No 5 tomorrow night and it will take precedence over practically all others.  Thanks you lot for pointing me in this direction - at least with no new Young Sheldon yet I have something to look forward to each week:ay:

We would be honored, if you would join us....on season 2

Thanks for the invite!

I was just thinking how this has similarities with S04 - the end of Prog 1 Series 2 - the very last words David uttered as they fired him this year - 'You tell your people I wasn't the one that broke that!"  Can't wait for Ep 5!

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode...

Hide contents

AHSOKA!

Its will be next week. It's Thanksgiving weekend dont think they put anything out during this time do they?

Edit: NVM they did and it was good.

• Subscriber

So much right with this current episode. They waste no time in bringing in the Jedi and leaving bits out about why she's even there in the first place. Then at the end they push a reference to Thrawn but they dont show any more to keep the focus on Mando. The big reveal of course being that BY has an actual name, albeit a shitty one and that he has memories but they've been lost and buried. 

I think Mando will spend the next few eps travelling to the Temple and finding out if a Jedi answers. I doubt we'll see Luke in any form but we might see the second name drop 'Ezra'. 

Also, didn't the final fight kind of remind people of the O-Ren encounter in Kill Bill at the end? That was far better imo with the scene setting but this was well done.

I think when this is all done Favreau should do a SW movie. They've had them in such poor hands through the years I think not only would Favreau do a good job but he'd do exactly what Marvel did so well when they partnered with Netflix in the early part of Phase 3 and create a good tie-in with everything else. 

• Subscriber

Alright, so where do I start...

The opening of the episode was epic and simply perfect. That Ahsoka reveal in the mist of a dead forest

:o Fantastic. Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka was perfect too, she got the mannerisms, the movements, the facial expression and the body language absolutely spot on; even the small details. Really blew me away as I wasn't expecting it to be that good. The world building was great, Corvus looked like a very eery devastated planet, very atmospheric and moody. So was the town. Seems like some catastrophic event happened there on Corvus at some point as it was supposed to be a "forest planet", apparently? The action and fighting scenes were a joy to watch. That final fight in an oriental style garden against the Magistrate was also very cool, nice to see them give another nod to the Samurai movies, and at the same time show Mando and Corporal Hicks have a westernesque standoff outside of the gates; that's a very cool way to pay homage to Star Wars biggest original influences.

So we finally get some backstory of the Child...I mean, Grogu - what kind of name is that xD It was time for him to be given some character development, and him being previously trained at the Jedi temple, then being saved by someone during the Order 66 (I wonder who that was?), and spending all those years in fear and hiding until Mando found him makes him more than just a cute puppet for comedic relief. It was always clear that Ahsoka would not train him, but it was great to hear her explanation; you could see her pain when she referred to Anakin and his downfall. Yoda's name dropping too, and then his theme playing shortly...

The biggest wow for me was Thrawn's name being mentioned - I was hoping for him to be the main villain in the show ever since it started, but I thought it's unrealistic, so was very surprised to find out that The Magistrate's "Master" was the Grand Admiral and that Ahsoka is still looking for him and Ezra! Still, I don't think we'll get to see him in the series - I take it this was a hint at either a sequel for the Rebels or at a spinoff Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra/Thrawn live action series? I think it's the latter and we won't see much of any of them in The Mandalorian.

Tython as the next planet to visit also got me very excited! The legendary home planet of the Jedi with one of the first Jedi temples ever :o I wonder which path the Child will take, and whether we'll get another Jedi to turn up. If yes, then as @Mel81x said, Ezra Bridge is probably very likely, but as mentioned above I personally hope they do not dive into that storyline too much and rather leave it for the next upcoming animated/live action show. Who else could it be? Luke? Probably unlikely, and I'm unsure how they could pull it off. Kal Cestis, maybe? Or a completely new Jedi character introduced? 

Also, how cool were the HK droids? :D 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

I forgot about the HK Droids and yeah they were very cool almost makes you wish you could have someone more ninja-like. They've had General Grievous but he wasn't very limber like the two in the episode. 

Still, great episode and what is even better is they haven't bought in the Bobba nor has Moff had any real screen-time ... yet.

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

I forgot about the HK Droids and yeah they were very cool almost makes you wish you could have someone more ninja-like. They've had General Grievous but he wasn't very limber like the two in the episode. 

Still, great episode and what is even better is they haven't bought in the Bobba nor has Moff had any real screen-time ... yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was it for Bobba. The small cameo just to give us the wow factor. Can't see what role he would play in the series. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was it for Bobba. The small cameo just to give us the wow factor. Can't see what role he would play in the series. 

This. Not only for the wow factor though. There's a Boba Fett spinoff mini-series in the works apparently, and it will run inbetween Season 2 and Season 3 of The Mandalorian. 

On 28/11/2020 at 01:28, nudge said:

Hide contents

The opening of the episode was epic and simply perfect. That Ahsoka reveal in the mist of a dead forest

:o Fantastic. Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka was perfect too, she got the mannerisms, the movements, the facial expression and the body language absolutely spot on; even the small details. Really blew me away as I wasn't expecting it to be that good. The world building was great, Corvus looked like a very eery devastated planet, very atmospheric and moody. So was the town. Seems like some catastrophic event happened there on Corvus at some point as it was supposed to be a "forest planet", apparently? The action and fighting scenes were a joy to watch. That final fight in an oriental style garden against the Magistrate was also very cool, nice to see them give another nod to the Samurai movies, and at the same time show Mando and Corporal Hicks have a westernesque standoff outside of the gates; that's a very cool way to pay homage to Star Wars biggest original influences.

So we finally get some backstory of the Child...I mean, Grogu - what kind of name is that xD It was time for him to be given some character development, and him being previously trained at the Jedi temple, then being saved by someone during the Order 66 (I wonder who that was?), and spending all those years in fear and hiding until Mando found him makes him more than just a cute puppet for comedic relief. It was always clear that Ahsoka would not train him, but it was great to hear her explanation; you could see her pain when she referred to Anakin and his downfall. Yoda's name dropping too, and then his theme playing shortly...

The biggest wow for me was Thrawn's name being mentioned - I was hoping for him to be the main villain in the show ever since it started, but I thought it's unrealistic, so was very surprised to find out that The Magistrate's "Master" was the Grand Admiral and that Ahsoka is still looking for him and Ezra! Still, I don't think we'll get to see him in the series - I take it this was a hint at either a sequel for the Rebels or at a spinoff Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra/Thrawn live action series? I think it's the latter and we won't see much of any of them in The Mandalorian.

Tython as the next planet to visit also got me very excited! The legendary home planet of the Jedi with one of the first Jedi temples ever :o I wonder which path the Child will take, and whether we'll get another Jedi to turn up. If yes, then as @Mel81x said, Ezra Bridge is probably very likely, but as mentioned above I personally hope they do not dive into that storyline too much and rather leave it for the next upcoming animated/live action show. Who else could it be? Luke? Probably unlikely, and I'm unsure how they could pull it off. Kal Cestis, maybe? Or a completely new Jedi character introduced? 

Also, how cool were the HK droids? :D 

Just watched that episode. SNIPS! Very cool to see her in this, and she's still a badass. 

But Baby Yoda reacting to his real name is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. 

Just watched the latest episode. Nice. 

Boba Fett did indeed steal the show. But my favourite part was the beginning when Mando called Grogu by his name a few times, and chuckled every time Grogu reacted. Nawwww. 

Archived