• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Another good episode... very Mad-Max-like at times!

Valin Hess was such a well played character, who's the actor? He really nailed the role as a fanatical Imperial officer. Also his speech in the officer mess there makes me think that we will indeed see the beginnings of the First Order (or are seeing them already).

Bill Burr was also great in this, nice bit of the backstory for him there, also loved his philosophical musings while they were riding in that Juggernaut. It's always good to see them straying a bit into the grey zones and bringing up some moral questions instead of just repeating the "Rebellion/New Republic good, the Empire bad" mantra.

Mando taking his helmet off... I think his beliefs are slowly starting to change now after meeting Bo Katan and learning that they all do not follow the same "rules". 

That seismic charge that took the two TIE fighters out... Badass! :o 

Good one.

Great episode. That Juggernaut getting chased by those pirates... I'm sure they had Mad Max: Fury Road on their mind when they planned this scene. And yea, the conversation between Mando and Bill Burr in the Juggernaut... that actually felt like classic Bill Burr talking about religion and what not. 

Also, it always feels so special when Mando takes his helmet off. Why would you want to hide that handsome face?! :P On a different note, he sounds exactly like Carlos Sainz btw. 
Great episode.

You can tell the sign of a good series when each episode leaves you wanting more.

Not sure if they are doing it on purpose but it almost feels like each episode is getting shorter and shorter whilst the action is intensifying.

Literally has felt the last two/three weeks in particular, like its over before it's begun, no real point where it's dragging, you're just so engrossed in what's happening.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I did find this a little strange. 

Hide contents

xdlhui9ms4561.jpg?width=552&auto=webp&s=

I also thought it was a bit silly, but then maybe it could be explained by what Mayfeld said when they were considering who would accompany him to the outpost? As in, the Imperial security system simply runs the face through the database and flags anyone who shows up on a New Republic register instead of checking if the scanned face belongs to certain authorised personnel. After all, this is the remnants of the Empire; I imagine it's all a bit chaotic and not perfectly organised anymore. I think it's pretty believable that they don't have an updated centralised database of all surviving Imperial officers anymore.

But let's be honest, they just used it in order to make Din take his helmet off anyway xD 

I was reading something the other day where they were talking about the significance of the blue butterflies that appeared when baby Grogu was sitting on the stone... They are implying that it could be that he may potentially veer toward the dark side.. It's the third time they have appeared in the Star Wars storyline although I have not seen all the films so wouldn't know.. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading something the other day where they were talking about the significance of the blue butterflies that appeared when baby Grogu was sitting on the stone... They are implying that it could be that he may potentially veer toward the dark side.. It's the third time they have appeared in the Star Wars storyline although I have not seen all the films so wouldn't know.. 

I've seen it before, but only in the Darth Vader comic... Similar setting though, as he was also seeing blue butterflies while meditating in the Force.

lD3yZpI.jpg

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've seen it before, but only in the Darth Vader comic... Similar setting though, as he was also seeing blue butterflies while meditating in the Force.

lD3yZpI.jpg

That might have been it then, not the films but what was in the comics they were talking about.. Interesting though what Grogu was doing with the guards using his powers to hurt people... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That might have been it then, not the films but what was in the comics they were talking about.. Interesting though what Grogu was doing with the guards using his powers to hurt people... 

He also tried to force-choke Cara Dune in Season 1 too, didn't he? 

On 11/12/2020 at 22:11, Tommy said:

Just started the newest episode. Bill Burr!!!! :o 

Yea, I was surprised to see him in it the first time around let alone a second time but his character was good... 

“I ran into Jon [Favreau] somewhere, and he was like, Hey, I’m doing this Star Wars thing, would you wanna do something?” Burr said. “And I was like, I kinda always made fun of it." Burr seemed concerned that the optics of him joining a Star Wars project would look kind of iffy, but Favreau saw it a different way. "I think that’d be funny. I think your fans would get a kick out of the fact, if you went into that thing," he recalled Favreau saying. "Then I went in there, and they were shooting it like a Spaghetti Western. And I was immediately so psyched to be a part of it.”

As Burr describes on the Last Laugh podcast, it was his wife, Nia Hill, who convinced him to take the opportunity. “She gives the best career advice,” he says. “Not that I was going to say no to Jon Favreau [who also directed Iron Man and The Lion King]. I don’t give a shit what he was doing, I was going to say yes.”

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

He also tried to force-choke Cara Dune in Season 1 too, didn't he? 

Yea that's right, episode 7  forgot about that... also tried to wipe out an entire species by eating as many of their eggs as possible... defo a future 'dark side' character :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea that's right, episode 7  forgot about that... also tried to wipe out an entire species by eating as many of their eggs as possible... defo a future 'dark side' character :ph34r:

And stole macarons from innocent kids... Evil little bastard.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just watched the Season 2 finale...

Hide contents

Fuck. Me.

10/10.

I disagree.

it's 11/10 for me. Bloody hell, this show is something else... I'm blown away and feel like a small child on Christmas Eve again. Nobody managed to capture the magic of Star Wars since the original trilogy the way these guys do. Bloody hell. I'm out of words

xD 

LUKE!!!!!!!!! The moment I saw that X-Wing arrive, I couldn't sit still anymore xD And then the green lightsaber... the glove... And the final reveal when he enters through the blast door with all the smoke around him and just his lightsaber piercing through it... Felt a lot like Vader's entrance at the end of Rogue One, so badass. I thought the de-aging they did on Mark Hamill was pretty good too, they nailed it... 

R2-D2!!!!!!!! 

The Book of Boba Fett teaser after credits!!!!! That's surely the Boba Fett show that was rumoured to be running before Season 3 of the Mandalorian? I was surprised when it wasn't announced during the investor meeting. This was worth the wait, and it brings the Legends back to life!

Dark Troopers, Mando v Gideon fight, Slave I in action, man I love this show...

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I disagree.

Hide contents

it's 11/10 for me. Bloody hell, this show is something else... I'm blown away and feel like a small child on Christmas Eve again. Nobody managed to capture the magic of Star Wars since the original trilogy the way these guys do. Bloody hell. I'm out of words

xD 

LUKE!!!!!!!!! The moment I saw that X-Wing arrive, I couldn't sit still anymore xD And then the green lightsaber... the glove... And the final reveal when he enters through the blast door with all the smoke around him and just his lightsaber piercing through it... Felt a lot like Vader's entrance at the end of Rogue One, so badass. I thought the de-aging they did on Mark Hamill was pretty good too, they nailed it... 

R2-D2!!!!!!!! 

The Book of Boba Fett teaser after credits!!!!! That's surely the Boba Fett show that was rumoured to be running before Season 3 of the Mandalorian? I was surprised when it wasn't announced during the investor meeting. This was worth the wait, and it brings the Legends back to life!

Dark Troopers, Mando v Gideon fight, Slave I in action, man I love this show...

I couldn't agree more.

So many episodes at the end of a series are average, or they set expectation high and then cause disappointment.

But this was the opposite, it was better than you could ever imagine. It was what an epsisode at the end of a series should be.

I love this series and I'm glad there's more to come but equally, had they decided to end it there, it would have been a great way to end.

So fascinating now as to where they take the new direction of this now Mando has achieved his 'end goal' but hopefully it lives up to a series that has only curved up and up

P.S I wonder how many people actually missed the scenes after the end credits in all their excitement 😂

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:
  Hide contents

I couldn't agree more.

So many episodes at the end of a series are average, or they set expectation high and then cause disappointment.

But this was the opposite, it was better than you could ever imagine. It was what an epsisode at the end of a series should be.

I love this series and I'm glad there's more to come but equally, had they decided to end it there, it would have been a great way to end.

So fascinating now as to where they take the new direction of this now Mando has achieved his 'end goal' but hopefully it lives up to a series that has only curved up and up

P.S I wonder how many people actually missed the scenes after the end credits in all their excitement 😂

I think Season 3 will deal mostly with reclaiming the Mandalore, although I would be thoroughly surprised if we don't see Baby Yoda (yeah yeah, his name is Grogu) at all. This is surely not the end of Moff Gideon, either... 

I almost missed the after-credits scenes myself xD 

This show is perfection. Jon Favreau needs to be given the freedom of the universe for his work on Star Wars.

I would have been very happy if that was the last ever episode, it was perfectly tied up. But I am equally happy that we have more to come. 

Underwhelmed tbh...

HAHA JOKES LUKE FUCKING SKYWALKER DICKHEAD, FIRST HE SHAGS HIS SISTER THEN HE COMES AND FISTS YA(if you’re a big scary robot)

Mate what on the fuck of the fuck happened, I was so excited I wanted to karate chop the little girl sat opposite me

What a quality show this has been, one of the best watches around... Was not sure who it was when the ship turned up but as he was working his way through the ship at the end you just had a feeling it was who it turned out to be... I won't say anymore in case some have not seen it yet... 

Archived