The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gina Carano has been fired. Reason being her ‘offfensive’ tweets & tiktok videos. I’ve not seen any of them myself, but I find it startling that nowadays, a person working for a huge corporation like Disney would be stupid enough to post anything that can be deemed offensive. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Gina Carano has been fired. Reason being her ‘offfensive’ tweets & tiktok videos. I’ve not seen any of them myself, but I find it startling that nowadays, a person working for a huge corporation like Disney would be stupid enough to post anything that can be deemed offensive. 

Apparently compared being a Republican to being a Jew under Nazi German rule. I’m not sure what world some of these people think they live in

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Shame really... These days though everything can and will be used against you

On 11/02/2021 at 11:55, Mel81x said:

The content she posted warranted action and I agree you've got a contract with possibly one of the most non-tolerant production entities and you go and post the shit you do. Stupid, just stupid. 

What she post anyway? Curious to know. 

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Stupid, yes, but did that really warrant termination? O.o

Or was it an accumulation of posts? I think the most embarrassing thing about it is the cancel culture that followed shortly after she deleted the post. So toxic. 

If I was an actor or someone in a high and precious position, I'd never go on social media in the first place. Some asshat will find something offensive and dig you a hole with it. No thanks. 

• Subscriber

l6cb4ieklsg61.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&s=

xD 

Oh well. Let's hope that instead of recasting her character, they will just replace it with Timothy Olyphant's Cobb Vanth; both in The Mandalorian and in the Rangers of the New Republic. 

• Subscriber

The comparison was stupid and in poor taste, but surely nothing more than that? Seeing the outrage and all the reactions, you'd think she was denying the Holocaust and inciting religious/ethnic hatred or something xD 

Now, I'm not a fan of Gina Carano, her acting skills or her character in The Mandalorian, so I don't care either way. Just think it's a complete overreaction, as usual.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

The comparison was stupid and in poor taste, but surely nothing more than that? Seeing the outrage and all the reactions, you'd think she was denying the Holocaust and inciting religious/ethnic hatred or something xD 

Now, I'm not a fan of Gina Carano, her acting skills or her character in The Mandalorian, so I don't care either way. Just think it's a complete overreaction, as usual.

I guess people who have had relatives live through those times or die during those times can be rightfully outraged or upset  at her stupid post. 

I’m all for free speech and saying what you want, but I’m also for taking responsibility and dealing with consequences for things you say. She said something stupid and offensive out loud to millions of peoples (some of them young and impressionable Star Wars fans) so in my opinion she can fuck off. You play with fire and you’re gonna get burned. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

I guess people who have had relatives live through those times or die during those times can be rightfully outraged or upset  at her stupid post. 

I’m all for free speech and saying what you want, but I’m also for taking responsibility and dealing with consequences for things you say. She said something stupid and offensive out loud to millions of peoples (some of them young and impressionable Star Wars fans) so in my opinion she can fuck off. You play with fire and you’re gonna get burned. 

I don't disagree with you in general, but my main issue is with how disproportionate the reactions often are, and in my personal opinion, it is not different in this case, either. The way I see it, her post is stupid and ill-advised, but not particularly offensive or intentionally malicious, so while I understand Disney's reaction (bad publicity from repeatedly controversial posts), I don't get the faux outrage by the public. I posted this before in another thread, so I'll just repeat myself here - regardless of how despicable (and stupid) some people are, I frankly can't stand the social media's emotional mob justice. A modern and less violent  version of witch-hunt and mob lynching, just with keyboards instead of pitchforks, but the essence is still the same - the masses get emotional satisfaction from seeing "an evil person" being destroyed publicly, and I personally think it's pathetic and rather worrying.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence" is some shit you'd think a leader that's gone mad with power would come up with. Especially with how it's applied with zero perspective in mind. 

Archived