talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

Pedro Pascal is now being brought into attention for his posts in the past when he comped the US/Mexico border detainment camps to Nazi concentration camps. Now there's rumors he may exit too given the pressure Disney will be up against. 

Again, the cancel culture is going to genuinely destroy everything we love because some people are sensitive fuckwits.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is Pedro Pascal’s comments did not play into rhetoric that reduces the Holocaust, where Gina Carano’s did. That is why they got rid of her, because her comments reduce what the holocaust was to some weird “people don’t like me cos my politics are poor people should just die”. Comparing putting children into cages to children/adults into camps is not disrespectful.

No way Pedro Pascal goes.

The detainment camps are genuinely horrific places though, where children have been ripped from their family. It’s a bit more of a justified comparison than being a pissing republican. 

He’s not getting fired regardless. Carano has come out and said that Disney had been on to her about apologising for another post, which she refused to do. The writing was on the wall for her, and she only had herself to blame. 

• Subscriber

Take this as a rumor for now but there's talks on the interwebs that Pedro Pascal is thinking of leaving the Mandalorian to work full-time on the LoU with HBO. Also, Disney is now reconsidering bringing back Gina Carano to work on the Mandalorian after the fan backlash (as if this could even remotely be true). 

Honestly the last set of Star Wars films were so lazy and just meh, it was literally just a rehash of the original films for a younger audience. The Mandalorian, alongside the other split off films have highlighted how bad the main ones are

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly the last set of Star Wars films were so lazy and just meh, it was literally just a rehash of the original films for a younger audience. The Mandalorian, alongside the other split off films have highlighted how bad the main ones are

That's probably because Kathleen Kennedy was responsible for those last set of Star Wars films. Sacrificing a story and character development in favor of implementing her agendas. The only remotely decent thing she was in charge of was the Solo film, yet it was still considered a failure in the box office. 

It's no surprise projects such as Rogue One and The Mandalorian, projects she had no part of, were major successes. Good news is her contract isn't renewed for 2021 so we can look forward to Star Wars projects without having SJW stuff being shoved down our throat. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's probably because Kathleen Kennedy was responsible for those last set of Star Wars films. Sacrificing a story and character development in favor of implementing her agendas. The only remotely decent thing she was in charge of was the Solo film, yet it was still considered a failure in the box office. 

It's no surprise projects such as Rogue One and The Mandalorian, projects she had no part of, were major successes. Good news is her contract isn't renewed for 2021 so we can look forward to Star Wars projects without having SJW stuff being shoved down our throat. 

Was it?

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Was it?

Matter of interpretation. The bad story writing was highly responsible for it and you can pick up on them especially in the Last Jedi. Personally, I'd like to pretend these films didn't exist as like you said, they are almost an exact clone of the first three but with far less character arc. 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Ok season 1 down, watched episode 1 of season 2 as well. Will have to pause, too much euros to watch. Really good so far though. I love all the cameo's; episode 1 of season 2 as soon as I heard the other "Mandalorian" speak I knew it was Timothy Olyphant, hes great, Bill Burr was actually pretty good! I know how Gina Carano goes but she was good too and even Ryan Hurst. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ok season 1 down, watched episode 1 of season 2 as well. Will have to pause, too much euros to watch. Really good so far though. I love all the cameo's; episode 1 of season 2 as soon as I heard the other "Mandalorian" speak I knew it was Timothy Olyphant, hes great, Bill Burr was actually pretty good! I know how Gina Carano goes but she was good too and even Ryan Hurst. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jabbfgosmkuyo0vpl2

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Did you watch the episode with the sidequest yet? 

Oh wait :ph34r:

Is that episode 2? The weird dude they showed at the end of ep 1 I take it? I dont know any of the lore so I have no idea if that dude was supposed to surprise me or make me angry or scared cus I dont know who that was :what:

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Is that episode 2? The weird dude they showed at the end of ep 1 I take it? I dont know any of the lore so I have no idea if that dude was supposed to surprise me or make me angry or scared cus I dont know who that was :what:

@nudge help me out here, please xD

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

@Faithcore is just taking the piss because the show's format closely resembles video games where you have slowly progressing main story and a shitload of side quests xD 

Also, @Faithcore is banned from this thread :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah alright I got there eventually. The formats kinda refreshing though imo. 

I like the format too, although I was getting a bit worried about the apparent lack of progression in the main story at one point. Fortunately, that was not the case and the show didn't fail to deliver! 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

I like the format too, although I was getting a bit worried about the apparent lack of progression in the main story at one point. Fortunately, that was not the case and the show didn't fail to deliver! 

Kinda reminds me of The Witcher in that regard. Some of those side story episodes where the better of the bunch.

I really liked the first episode of season 2 with Timothy Olyphant. Gave me some real good FIREFLY vibes there :)

• 1 month later...

Archived