The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/09/2020 at 20:37, nudge said:

Season 2 Trailer is out!!!

It looks absolutely fantastic... So excited. 

The way Baby Yoda closes his cradle in anticipation of shit about to go down... xD 

This is the way. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just watched it! More under spoiler tag...

Loved it, good to see it continue on the same path as it started. Spaghetti western vibes are still strong... While I also want to explore new, unknown, or less visited planets, it's always nice to go back Tatooine... particularly if it involves Boba Fett, Cobb Vanth, the Tusken raiders and the Krayt dragon (with the pearl also inside!) 

:o Also love all the Star Wars universe references, all the subtle details and tie-ins to the novels, especially how it seems to unite both the new canon and the old legend stories... seeing that Bantha loaded with explosives, I knew that was going to be the killing blow to the dragon - KOTOR taught me that an explosive Bantha is a great trap for all kinds of beasts xD What I particularly liked is how the Tuskens are shown in a different light; they were always portrayed as mindless violent savages in the movies, so it's nice that The Mandalorian portrays them in a different light and tries to show a different side - as an actual people with real culture and traditions, somewhat similar to what KOTOR and particularly the old John Jackson Miller's Kenobi novel tried to do.

Boba Fett reveal, while expected, was still great and exciting nevertheless; it's good to have Temura Morrison back! Looked like a real badass there in the dunes, watching the events unravel. His and Mando's paths will surely cross at some point, I wonder if they'll end up working together or become enemies? Also thought Timothy Olyphant was fantastic as Cobb Vanth and hope to see more of him in the future episodes...

Really looking forward to next Friday now...

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When Mando and Vanth were going out to meet the Tuskan Raiders, was Vanth riding a bit of Sebulba's broken Pod Racer?

I thought that bit of detail was pretty cool if so.

Anakin's podracer :) or rather just using its engine/spare parts. 

There's also R5-D4, the astromech droid that Luke's Uncle originally wanted to buy in A New Hope instead of R2-D2 but it had a faulty motivator. Now it belongs to the lady at the ship workshop and still has the black mark where the motivator exploded :D

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Anakin's podracer :) or rather just using its engine/spare parts. 

There's also R5-D4, the astromech droid that Luke's Uncle originally wanted to buy in A New Hope instead of R2-D2 but it had a faulty motivator. Now it belongs to the lady at the ship workshop and still has the black mark where the motivator exploded :D

Ahhhh Anakin's. I didn't know that about the droid but that's also pretty cool.

Did you also clock the C3PO graffiti near the start? 😂

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ahhhh Anakin's. I didn't know that about the droid but that's also pretty cool.

Did you also clock the C3PO graffiti near the start? 😂

No, must have missed that! 😂

• Subscriber

Good episode that. I think Favreau spends a lot of time reading fan forums and tries to bake these little things into the universe he is building on the Mandalorian just to keep the fans engaged and it works with the way he goes about telling the story. It was also nice to see Olyphant reprise a lawmans role again after his work on Justified. 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

It was also nice to see Olyphant reprise a lawmans role again after his work on Justified. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

I always remember him from Deadwood! 

I have never seen either of those shows but he seemed familiar to me for some reason so I must have seen him in something... He seems like a mash up of Billy Bob Thornton and the late Bill Paxton in the way he looks and sounds... 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I have never seen either of those shows but he seemed familiar to me for some reason so I must have seen him in something... He seems like a mash up of Billy Bob Thornton and the late Bill Paxton in the way he looks and sounds... 

You should absolutely watch Deadwood... fantastic western series, 3 seasons and now also a movie as a continuation. 

Archived