talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

And isn't Jango a Mandalorian? And his son Boba is just a clone of him? 

In the Legends or the new canon? In the Legends Jango was not born a Mandalorian but was adopted by the Mandalorians when he was a kid; however he later again abandoned them and their culture and turned to a life of a bounty hunter. Boba Fett just wore his "father's" armour and continued to live his life as a mercenary as well but in later in life he actually came into contact with the Mandalorians and even led them for a while against the Yuuzhan Vong. 

In the new canon Jango is said to be just a common bounty hunter who wore (stolen) Mandalorian armour and he's thus considered to be an impersonator and a pretender by the Mandalorians. Those are the only references to them and their connection with the Mandalorians so far in the new canon.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Cicero: to expand on my previous post - found the most recent Jango & Boba Fett comic (titled Star Wars: Age of Republic - Jango Fett) from the new canon with further explanation of Jango's origins:

So what do you think Boba's reputation, should he be revealed in the series, will be with Mando and the other Mandalorians? An enemy given he sided with the empire?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So what do you think Boba's reputation, should he be revealed in the series, will be with Mando and the other Mandalorians?

To be honest I don't think he will be revealed in the series; and if he is then at most it's just going to be a mention of his name or a hint at someone in a Mandalorian armour who doesn't belong to the clan or something like that... Maybe so we get to see him in some future spinoffs or independent projects? I think it would steal too much of the main character's spotlight if Boba was re-introduced in this series.

The Mandalorian's past that we see in the flashbacks as well as the clan talking about "Foundlings" has many parallels with Jango's original backstory in the Legends though so I find that cool! Maybe they got some inspiration from those stories.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, nudge said:

I think it's also worth mentioning that neither Jango nor Boba Fett were Mandalorians anyway though. They just wore a customised Mandalorian armour.

As much as we'd like to see either Jango or Boba I think it would kind of limit Favreau's story a bit as he is the kind of guy that draws on lore but doesn't like to take away from his protagonist, who in this case has a pretty interesting past too. I didn't know that Boba possible survived but I'll bet that Disney will bring him back on the big screen in some way if they wanted to explore that angle.

13 hours ago, nudge said:

To be honest I don't think he will be revealed in the series; and if he is then at most it's just going to be a mention of his name or a hint at someone in a Mandalorian armour who doesn't belong to the clan or something like that... Maybe so we get to see him in some future spinoffs or independent projects? I think it would steal too much of the main character's spotlight if Boba was re-introduced in this series.

The Mandalorian's past that we see in the flashbacks as well as the clan talking about "Foundlings" has many parallels with Jango's original backstory in the Legends though so I find that cool! Maybe they got some inspiration from those stories.

Hehe covered my point here. I also think it would make sense to spend some time with the Wookie clans and get them re-integrated into the universe as that in itself could run some kind of show that almost mirrors Avatar (as disgusting as that sounds) but with a Star Wars angle to it. The thing about playing a SW game with a SW show and an upcoming movie is that they all have angles that are very fascinating. I am still curious who the big villain in the Mandalorian is and I was kind of hoping we'd get some indication of that in the last episode but I suppose thats now going to be the season finale. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

As much as we'd like to see either Jango or Boba I think it would kind of limit Favreau's story a bit as he is the kind of guy that draws on lore but doesn't like to take away from his protagonist, who in this case has a pretty interesting past too. I didn't know that Boba possible survived but I'll bet that Disney will bring him back on the big screen in some way if they wanted to explore that angle.

Hehe covered my point here. I also think it would make sense to spend some time with the Wookie clans and get them re-integrated into the universe as that in itself could run some kind of show that almost mirrors Avatar (as disgusting as that sounds) but with a Star Wars angle to it. The thing about playing a SW game with a SW show and an upcoming movie is that they all have angles that are very fascinating. I am still curious who the big villain in the Mandalorian is and I was kind of hoping we'd get some indication of that in the last episode but I suppose thats now going to be the season finale. 

Oooh a mini series about the Wookies taking place on Kashyyyk would definitely be very interesting! I was really looking forward to that new planned trilogy that was supposed to be about the times of the Old Republic but with Benioff & Weiss leaving the project I'm afraid that it might be canned altogether... But we are still getting the Kenobi mini series as well as The Casian Andor series and I'm sure that the success of the Mandalorian will pave the way for many more new shows to come.
But anyway that's why I love the Star Wars Universe; there are so many different stories to tell that can be completely standalone and appeal even to those who haven't seen or never particularly cared about the original Star Wars. 

Imagine if the main villain in the Mandalorian turns out to be Palpatine (albeit indirectly). As in the remnants of the Empire (Werner Herzog's Moff character & Co.) are working on "resurrecting" or cloning him and that's why they need force-sensitive children like Baby Yoda. Kind of fits in with the main objective of the Fallen Order game too. Would maybe even tie into the upcoming Rise of the Skywalker movie :o I hope it's not though!

Just watched Chapter 3, and holy shit. What a series. 

Of course it was expected that Mando would return for Baby Yoda. But it was done in such an epic fashion. The Mandalorians vs. the Bounty hunters was unexpected to me, but so epic. This series just keeps on giving. It feels like proper Star Wars mixed with a great Western style. I love it. Also, will Pedro Pascal ever take off his helmet? I mean, he's a great actor. And I kind of want to see him? It sounds weird, but you may catch my drift.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everyone keeps calling the Child Baby Yoda... but he's not actually "Baby Yoda" is he - because Yoda is deadsies at this point in the history, is he not? He's just the same species.

Yeah. Technically he could also be a clone I guess :35_thinking: But I prefer to think he's just a baby belonging to the same species.

I personally prefer calling him Yizmo due to his similarity to this character:

QpsqRs0.gif

xD 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everyone keeps calling the Child Baby Yoda... but he's not actually "Baby Yoda" is he - because Yoda is deadsies at this point in the history, is he not? He's just the same species.

It's A Baby Yoda and that's good enough for me.... don't ruin it.. if this is an example of how you are going to carry on as a mod then you step down right now mate.. B|

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just watched Chapter 3, and holy shit. What a series. 

Hide contents

Of course it was expected that Mando would return for Baby Yoda. But it was done in such an epic fashion. The Mandalorians vs. the Bounty hunters was unexpected to me, but so epic. This series just keeps on giving. It feels like proper Star Wars mixed with a great Western style. I love it. Also, will Pedro Pascal ever take off his helmet? I mean, he's a great actor. And I kind of want to see him? It sounds weird, but you may catch my drift.

I hope he won't take off his helmet. I like the main character being a faceless one; it works in this case. Somewhat similar to the Man With No Name in the Dollar westerns :) 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

I hope he won't take off his helmet. I like the main character being a faceless one; it works in this case. Somewhat similar to the Man With No Name in the Dollar westerns :) 

But Pedro Pascal is very handsome. Waste of a good face. 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Totally agree with this.

I also like that a lot of the characters are basically nameless. "The Mandalorian" (yeah I guess "Mando" but that's more of a nickname), "the Child," "the Client." I think it adds to the sense of uncertainty and lawlessness of the galaxy post-Empire & fits the wild west vibe really well.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Totally agree with this.

I also like that a lot of the characters are basically nameless. "The Mandalorian" (yeah I guess "Mando" but that's more of a nickname), "the Child," "the Client." I think it adds to the sense of uncertainty and lawlessness of the galaxy post-Empire & fits the wild west vibe really well.

This is the way!

• Subscriber

Another great episode. I don't know how they manage to pull it off, but they take pretty much every filmmaking cliche and trope known to mankind and somehow make it work xD 

Also I can't handle the cuteness of that little green thing! :x

On 27/11/2019 at 09:01, Mel81x said:

I do think at some point he will take off his helmet but knowing Favreau he will make him do it while facing his back to the camera just to tease the audience. 

This was absolutely spot on xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Another great episode. I don't know how they manage to pull it off, but they take pretty much every filmmaking cliche and trope known to mankind and somehow make it work xD 

I liked it even though it was a bit slower than the usual episode. It's good to know that we're going to probably see more action with the next few episodes too. I felt like they spent a little too much time trying to get the rules of being a Mandalorian out though and maybe a shorter dialog would have sufficed.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I liked it even though it was a bit slower than the usual episode. It's good to know that we're going to probably see more action with the next few episodes too. I felt like they spent a little too much time trying to get the rules of being a Mandalorian out though and maybe a shorter dialog would have sufficed.

What I liked about it though is that they explicitly revealed that Mando has been rescued and taken in by the Mandalorians as a child in the past; I mean it was possible to deduct that from the information tidbits in previous episodes (Mando's flashbacks; the talk about Foundlings etc.) but now we know for sure - and I think it gives a bit more substance to his character. Especially when it comes to him - a hardened bounty hunter - deciding to save a "random" child and risk his own life and well-being of his clan for it; I mean his background makes it believable. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, nudge said:

What I liked about it though is that they explicitly revealed that Mando has been rescued and taken in by the Mandalorians as a child in the past; I mean it was possible to deduct that from the information tidbits in previous episodes (Mando's flashbacks; the talk about Foundlings etc.) but now we know for sure - and I think it gives a bit more substance to his character. Especially when it comes to him - a hardened bounty hunter - deciding to save a "random" child and risk his own life and well-being of his clan for it; I mean his background makes it believable. 

I agree on that. I think they could have just left it from the flashbacks as I think there is a twist there too for some reason. I can't see why Mandalorians would take a random child in unless they would have preferred an orphan due to whatever reasons they have. For the sake of not spoiling it for anyone else, I also liked the nice little addition from Empire Strikes Back in this episode too.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I agree on that. I think they could have just left it from the flashbacks as I think there is a twist there too for some reason. I can't see why Mandalorians would take a random child in unless they would have preferred an orphan due to whatever reasons they have. For the sake of not spoiling it for anyone else, I also liked the nice little addition from Empire Strikes Back in this episode too.

I think they don't really have a choice - greatly decimated after the Great Purge and forced to live in the shadows in order to survive, they desperately need new recruits to replenish their population and rebuild their clan. And what's better than a young orphan for that purpose? Take someone who's lost everything, give them a new sense of belonging and you'll most likely have their gratitude and loyalty and devotion to "the Way" for the rest of their lives.

Yeah that "little" addition from the past was very nice indeed! I also love how this episode feels a lot like Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah that "little" addition from the past was very nice indeed! I also love how this episode feels a lot like Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

You went classic I went Anime but we both ended up in the same place.

Archived