• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

This *may* or *may not* get taken down or stopped before you get chance to see but if you do, happy days.

The Mandalorian Season 3 Teaser Trailer leaked at Star Wars Celebration and filmed and promptly put on Twitter.

Looks intruiging...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ooooooh baby.

Can't wait. Also, I wonder if Pedro Pascal can do another show in the overlap between this and LoU and then we'd get saturated with his presence on TV.

Mind you, that isn't a bad thing.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Can't wait. Also, I wonder if Pedro Pascal can do another show in the overlap between this and LoU and then we'd get saturated with his presence on TV.

Mind you, that isn't a bad thing.

Thats impossible. I love him.

If you haven't seen The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - do yourself a favour. As much as I love Cage and what the movie is all about Pedro steals the spotlight and kills it. 

I kind of wish we could have had a season, or even half a season where Mando and Grogu were separated. What happened in The Book Of Boba Fett sort of made the ending of season 2 a bit redundant. I understand why they did it, but we could have seen a bit more of a break between the two. 

That being said, I can’t wait for it. The best Star Wars IP going (I’ve only watched two episodes of Andor so far)

• 1 month later...

Meh. Not sure if Andor ruined any other Star Wars series for me, but I thought it was alright, but nothing great. Very predictable too. 

Oh wow, Mando is up against four pirate ships! That is gonna be difficult. 

super-easy-super-easy-barely-an-inconven

Oh shit, now the big ship with the big guns has him target locked. There's no way he's gonna get out of that easily. 

c6682605acf9acf892e69cdd9163f9827a6fab90

Grogu was cute though. He he hugged that Anzellan. 😍 Or just casually using the force to get a snack. xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Meh. Not sure if Andor ruined any other Star Wars series for me, but I thought it was alright, but nothing great. Very predictable too. 

Oh wow, Mando is up against four pirate ships! That is gonna be difficult. 

super-easy-super-easy-barely-an-inconven

Oh shit, now the big ship with the big guns has him target locked. There's no way he's gonna get out of that easily. 

c6682605acf9acf892e69cdd9163f9827a6fab90

Grogu was cute though. He he hugged that Anzellan. 😍 Or just casually using the force to get a snack. xD

Andor set the bar very high for all upcoming Star Wars shows indeed, but I still enjoyed this  one a lot. I think it works because it's completely different in tone, and is closer to the original movies in its campiness, predictability and childlike innocence. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Andor set the bar very high for all upcoming Star Wars shows indeed, but I still enjoyed this  one a lot. I think it works because it's completely different in tone, and is closer to the original movies in its campiness, predictability and childlike innocence. 

Yea, I get that, but that episode still felt weird. Like, nothing really difficult happened to Mando. Giant ship with big guns all locked on me is asking me to surrender? Alrighty, I guess I'll hit the gas and just fly straight past it. There was like, no real obstacles. 

I mean I still enjoy it. But the writing felt kinda lazy. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I get that, but that episode still felt weird. Like, nothing really difficult happened to Mando. Giant ship with big guns all locked on me is asking me to surrender? Alrighty, I guess I'll hit the gas and just fly straight past it. There was like, no real obstacles. 

I mean I still enjoy it. But the writing felt kinda lazy. 

I mean, it's probably just setting things up for the season. The giant pirate ship and the Star Wars Davey Jones captain will probably play a role throughout the season, so this was probably just an introduction... Visually, it looks great. The effects, the alien costumes, the CGI. The writing...I think it's just a massive tonal shift compared to Andor. The Mandalorian has always been a classic kid-oriented SW fun focusing on spectacle with little depth and cheesy dialogues, it just stands out more now after Andor which is a serious, mature show with a lot of substance. 

IG-11 (or well, half of it) crawling on the floor was definitely a homage to the original Terminator... xD 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean, it's probably just setting things up for the season. The giant pirate ship and the Star Wars Davey Jones captain will probably play a role throughout the season, so this was probably just an introduction... Visually, it looks great. The effects, the alien costumes, the CGI. The writing...I think it's just a massive tonal shift compared to Andor. The Mandalorian has always been a classic kid-oriented SW fun focusing on spectacle with little depth and cheesy dialogues, it just stands out more now after Andor which is a serious, mature show with a lot of substance. 

IG-11 (or well, half of it) crawling on the floor was definitely a homage to the original Terminator... xD 

Yea, I know that the Mandalorian is different, and it had it's brilliant moments and episodes as well before. But this felt kinda badly written. Like, all over the place. But we'll see if it was just an episode to set up the rest of the season. 

I just had a look online, what other people thought of it, and it was mainly negative reactions, so at least I'm not bat shit crazy. xD

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I quite enjoyed this season much like the others. I get where you're coming from though Tommy boy. My fiancee was mostly interested because of Grogu tbh but it gave me an excuse to go back and watch from the beginning of season 1 and go through Boba Fett and then through season 3. Watching Boba Fett again was somewhat of a chore.. it has its moments and still in particular I think episode 2 with the train and into the Sand people was excellent but other then that nothing else really mattered except for the Mando episodes. I dont think theres a question as to what the best Star Wars spin off has been and as nudge says its a very different feel. I take Mando for what it is; light hearted fun, some interesting storylines but nothing overly complicated. The Grogu bit in the assassin robot stuff is like peak Mando man.. no, yes, no.

Yeah I couldn't get into this season at all. Love Jack Black, but what the fuck?

Disney for me is dangerously turning Star Wars into Marvel. Just too much content it becomes overwhelming, where some of the writing too becomes weird. 

Archived