• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Bobby Duncan - Moves from Liverpool to Fiorentina

Recommended Posts

Quote.thumb.png.367e78f18bce8e94f605d210bfacc215.png

Fiorentina have joined the race to sign Liverpool's 18-year-old English striker Bobby Duncan on a season-long loan deal. (Mail on Sunday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.2dafc307ea1a310d63b4c9d62d4d44f2.png

Liverpool's 18-year-old English striker Bobby Duncan, subject of recent bids from Fiorentina and FC Nordsjaelland, was left out of Monday's Premier League 2 match against Southampton. (Liverpool Echo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh his agent's lost it on twitter. Club's probably going to refuse to do business with him ever again after the shit he's come out and said. Pretty bold move from someone who supposedly cares about the prospects of young English talents, getting blacklisted like that at a club that lately has been giving chances to young players. Let's see how it pans out for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that people want to defend their club and there's two sides to every story but I don't think it's healthy to blindly shrug off comments about a young lad's mental health being affected.

Obviously you don't know the full story and yes the agent is probably making it sound worse than he could for his and his client's interests, my only point here is that you forget how young these lads are and when male mental health is such a major issue it's not a good thing to brush this off. The club should be making a statement about providing the young lad with all the support he needs if necessary whether or not the agent is being a cunt and crying wolf to try and force a move.

And yes before I get bludgeoned with "high horse FC" schoolyard insults just because there's an Everton Crest next to my profile, I would say the exact same if it was my own club.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ooooh his agent's lost it on twitter. Club's probably going to refuse to do business with him ever again after the shit he's come out and said. Pretty bold move from someone who supposedly cares about the prospects of young English talents, getting blacklisted like that at a club that lately has been giving chances to young players. Let's see how it pans out for him.

Apparently his agent was suspended previously for much the same thing as hes doing now. Absolute whopper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I understand that people want to defend their club and there's two sides to every story but I don't think it's healthy to blindly shrug off comments about a young lad's mental health being affected.

Obviously you don't know the full story and yes the agent is probably making it sound worse than he could for his and his client's interests, my only point here is that you forget how young these lads are and when male mental health is such a major issue it's not a good thing to brush this off. The club should be making a statement about providing the young lad with all the support he needs if necessary whether or not the agent is being a cunt and crying wolf to try and force a move.

And yes before I get bludgeoned with "high horse FC" schoolyard insults just because there's an Everton Crest next to my profile, I would say the exact same if it was my own club.

Theres more too it than that though. His agent has publicly accused Micheal Edwards with bullying Duncan, saying that is what has caused his mental health problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the club does make a statement here. This is a serious allegation coming from a person who has a history with these kinds of acts to force a move. I also hope the player comes out and says something too but that is probably never going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I understand that people want to defend their club and there's two sides to every story but I don't think it's healthy to blindly shrug off comments about a young lad's mental health being affected.

Obviously you don't know the full story and yes the agent is probably making it sound worse than he could for his and his client's interests, my only point here is that you forget how young these lads are and when male mental health is such a major issue it's not a good thing to brush this off. The club should be making a statement about providing the young lad with all the support he needs if necessary whether or not the agent is being a cunt and crying wolf to try and force a move.

And yes before I get bludgeoned with "high horse FC" schoolyard insults just because there's an Everton Crest next to my profile, I would say the exact same if it was my own club.

It's Berahino's agent xD - and before that he'd been suspended for similar conduct. He's not a guy I'd trust to have a player's best interests at heart. In fact with Berahino, I'd argue he's probably responsible for that career being utterly wasted. There's two sides to every story, but usually the side that's having a twitter meltdown is going to come off as the side that's been a bit stupid. The guy's gone out of his way to insult our sporting director and captain in the wake of those tweets that were posted too, so I don't think it's likely we'll do business with this agent again.

If I were Bobby Duncan and I had mental issues I was struggling with, I'm not sure my agent going on an insane tirade against my employers is the best way to approach those employers for support. And if I didn't have mental issues before this shite, I'd definitely have them after it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Theres more too it than that though. His agent has publicly accused Micheal Edwards with bullying Duncan saying that is what has caused his mental health problems. 

I read the post. Like I said, two sides to every story, I'm not saying that that's true, and if it is I don't imagine it has been done in the intentional way that has been made out. 

I'm just saying that given that footballers are treated as assets more than people half the time, there are probably teenage lads up and down the country, especially at the bigger clubs (not just the top six, I know Everton do this too snapping up young players for a few million who probably wont ever make it to the first team but could be sold on for a profit after a couple of loan spells) who end up feeling the way that this guy has been described.

You dont want the first one where it goes public to start getting a backlash if his mental health is genuinely in a bad place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I understand that people want to defend their club and there's two sides to every story but I don't think it's healthy to blindly shrug off comments about a young lad's mental health being affected.

Obviously you don't know the full story and yes the agent is probably making it sound worse than he could for his and his client's interests, my only point here is that you forget how young these lads are and when male mental health is such a major issue it's not a good thing to brush this off. The club should be making a statement about providing the young lad with all the support he needs if necessary whether or not the agent is being a cunt and crying wolf to try and force a move.

And yes before I get bludgeoned with "high horse FC" schoolyard insults just because there's an Everton Crest next to my profile, I would say the exact same if it was my own club.

I'm not someone who blindly defends the club on issues, I remember saying they could have handled the Sterling situation better a few years ago despite his agent being a nob. 

This fella however seems like a proper cunt and I've seen past tweets from him not exactly being sympathetic of people with mental health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not someone who blindly defends the club on issues, I remember saying they could have handled the Sterling situation better a few years ago despite his agent being a nob. 

This fella however seems like a proper cunt and I've seen past tweets from him not exactly being sympathetic of people with mental health issues.

Hes also tweeted homophobic comments and is derogatory towards women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's put out tweets mocking Stan Collymore because of his famous mental health issues, so I'm not sure he gives any fucks about any of his client's mental health.

Any one of his clients should be looking at these tweets and making a call to any other agents in the country that can represent them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard of the agent before, barely heard of the player, so I don't know enough to comment on that stuff. Just don't think it's impossible that the lad genuinely has had his mental health affected, and if he doesn't, there will be other lads who have.

Liverpool are probably doing the right thing by acknowledging but not commenting for now. I just hope the player doesn't get portrayed in a negative light or as a liar as it hardly sends out a positive message in a time where people are trying to encourage young men in particular to be more open discussing their mental health and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never heard of the agent before, barely heard of the player, so I don't know enough to comment on that stuff. Just don't think it's impossible that the lad genuinely has had his mental health affected, and if he doesn't, there will be other lads who have.

Liverpool are probably doing the right thing by acknowledging but not commenting for now. I just hope the player doesn't get portrayed in a negative light or as a liar as it hardly sends out a positive message in a time where people are trying to encourage young men in particular to be more open discussing their mental health and stuff like that.

I don't disagree with you that it's possible his mental health has been affected. I do think airing that out in public with a grievance with his employer though might not be the best thing for his own mental health though - it obviously depends on the person and how comfortable they are, but personally I'd find it very unpleasant to have my mental health being used as a bargaining chip if I genuinely did have mental health issues. And aside from that and the fact that we're trying to encourage young people to be open in discussing their mental health, there's still a public stigma surrounding mental health unfortunately. And that stigma could consciously or subconsciously affect how prospective employers view him.

He's only a kid and I think this is a very shit situation for him to be in. The club wants him to stay and fight for a place in the squad, his agent is angling for a move,... and he probably just wants more of a chance at first team football so he can develop more. And I agree with you, I hope he doesn't get it too rough from the fans because even if he doesn't have a mental issue... there's no way this situation for an 18 year old is in any way good for his present mental state. I'd be riddled with anxiety. And mortified at the actions of the man I'm paying to represent me - because making a twat out of yourself on social media is not the greatest way to represent somebody else.

In most situations like this, I tend to think the best approach is not to air dirty laundry in public. There's also an argument to be made that going hard against your employers in trying to force a move using tactics this guy has used before with Berahino is pretty good evidence of an agent trying to force a move for money at the expense of that player's long term career. That was a player who looked like he might have a very promising career... now look at him. I'd be shocked if he plays in the top flight ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.4de1c8d5acf7f5c2bf626f24e4768652.png

Borussia Dortmund are the latest club to show an interest in Liverpool striker Bobby Duncan, 18, with the Bundesliga outfit keen to bring in more English talent alongside Jadon Sancho (90min)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to take a stance here. The lad moved from City to us, so it's not like he's had to relocate his whole life to a different part of the country. He also has a better chance of playing in this team than he ever would have at City. He also knows damn fine well what he was signing up to. Nobody would have ever promised him first team opportunities right away. 

He's a young lad who needs to understand his place. If he is struggling with his mental health it's not from anything the club have done. So he can fuck right off getting his agent to use than in public on order to force a move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rick said:

We need to take a stance here. The lad moved from City to us, so it's not like he's had to relocate his whole life to a different part of the country. He also has a better chance of playing in this team than he ever would have at City. He also knows damn fine well what he was signing up to. Nobody would have ever promised him first team opportunities right away. 

He's a young lad who needs to understand his place. If he is struggling with his mental health it's not from anything the club have done. So he can fuck right off getting his agent to use than in public on order to force a move. 

We've fucked him off

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record though, he did sack his agent prior to signing for Fiorentina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For the record though, he did sack his agent prior to signing for Fiorentina

"I want to thank everybody at @Liverpoolfc from the Coaches,Staff and Players for contributing in my development at the club I move on with very special memories.... Thank you #LFC #YNWA."

Cya later dickhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

"I want to thank everybody at @Liverpoolfc from the Coaches,Staff and Players for contributing in my development at the club I move on with very special memories.... Thank you #LFC #YNWA."

Cya later dickhead.

Tbf he’s just a kid that I think has had his head twisted around by an agent.

Personally I think it’s mental Fiorentina are taking a chance on him with no first team experience.

I don’t think it’s a big loss tbh. It’s not like he’s someone we’ve invested a lot of time into developing, he only joined us last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foreign teams desperate to find the next Jadon Sancho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, Roberto Duccano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he gets what he wants from his move to Fiorentina. The club should also take a stand and ban any activity with his agent going forward as it seems like the toxic behaviour really started with the agent and not the player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't fire his agent, the fucker was in Italy with him. He'll flop over there, if he thought there was pressure to perform in England then good luck in Italy. Knob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“What I’d say about Bobby is that we wish him well,” Inglethorpe told The Athletic – which is well worth the sign up.

“Look, not every player is necessarily going to want to wait and develop under us and we have to respect that.

“To break into elite football is going to be difficult, wherever you are. You need psychological stamina. You need to be able to put the hard yards in over a consistent period and accept the setbacks that come your way.


“Like most things in life, that creates a resilience that will help you in the future.

“I’m sure the time Mo Salah spent at Chelsea gave him a layer of that resilience. When you develop that skill of finding a way in life then you take it with you and it’s very useful.

“There are 11 shining examples of that playing at Anfield every week. They all at some point had a period in their career where they had to overcome a problem or prove doubters wrong.

“They worked hard, they didn’t quit.”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement