Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly21

Copa Peru - Adopt A Team 2019 Edition

Sure why not.

20 hours ago, nudge said:

Sure why not.

Your team is...

baba300dc344a8c2cf64ceca197d80b0.png

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes. 

Your team is...

El Dorado FC

5406dc78c9336fc682a20f8c328e6537.png

c658cfe3cb49ed3ae8e3c87dd871f20d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Oui

Your team is...

Juventud Municipal de Agomarca

62f7b0f4ff3e8f269b30420b5b3d8253.png

3f5d5af42bd23920e20b3afc37fa8eef.jpg

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Why the hell not

Your team is...

AD Comerciantes

9871361f983dec9c6fbec37e0d9dbecd.png

0186e33b4249e574395d3cedfe3c0b03.jpg

20 hours ago, Harry said:

Ok

Your team is...

Deportivo Garcilaso

9f48e550e804f2a19f61bca0dc647c36.png

a811e081845a0bf37be399e482c2213e.jpg

19 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

In

Your team is...

Coronel Bolognesi

f9c0a40b1d42b1066c800fce52943125.png

2730cf6d65f327124b949c2a11b689ab.jpg

7 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Your team is...

Juventud Municipal de Agomarca

62f7b0f4ff3e8f269b30420b5b3d8253.png

3f5d5af42bd23920e20b3afc37fa8eef.jpg

SIEMPRE RIVER! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Yeah go for it

Your team is...

Credicoop San Roman

0afa13d1ebf3e722c23f7889da85a1f4.jpg

fb7d8e597ead5e58a6d191675cfe1041.png

Fun facts about each team.

@Stan 

There is a team named El Dorado FC based in Guayaquil, Ecuador. With the exact same badge as the one from San Jose de Sisa.

@SirBalon 

Your team is based in Paucartambino, one of the lower parts of Pasco. The capital of the department is one of the highest cities in the world at 4500 metres. Unfortunately, you will not play there.

@RandoEFC 

Your team is based in the amazon region of Peru, up in the north. And no it's not currently burning down because we don't have a Bolsonaro (thankfully)

@nudge

Your team was in the Finalisima last year but finished 4th despite having won the first game.

@Harry 

Your team is often seen as the second giants of Cusco, but have never played in Peru's top flight despite this.

@Stick With Azeem

10 years ago, Coronel Bolognesi drew 0-0 with Flamengo in the Copa Libertadores group stages. Today they are winning 23-0 against the likes of Juventud Locumba.

@Pyfish 

Your team boasts the grand Royer Vasquez, who is sometimes cited as "the Peruvian Arturo Vidal". I'd say he's better, obvs :D

29 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Your team is...

Deportivo Garcilaso

9f48e550e804f2a19f61bca0dc647c36.png

a811e081845a0bf37be399e482c2213e.jpg

With that logo are you sure they aren't a  manufacturer of rail and road street signage? That's appalling!

25 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

@SirBalon 

Your team is based in Paucartambino, one of the lower parts of Pasco. The capital of the department is one of the highest cities in the world at 4500 metres. Unfortunately, you will not play there.

Corruption! Adulteration and centralist bias!

I demand an investigation...

27 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Coronel Bolognesi

In the UK we've got 'Captain Birdseye' for cheap quick fish for the lazy folk. 'Coronel Bolognesi' sounds and reads like the equivalent for lower class Italians and tinned muck. xD:ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

Err @The Palace Fan... 

Hahaha

Yeah, looks like in various cases they haven’t even bothered to create their own club crests based on local history and just nicked others and changed the wording. Mine is the River Plate crest and this one is obvious too. I wonder if Queen Victoria built her husband the same thing in Perú :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha

Yeah, looks like in various cases they haven’t even bothered to create their own club crests based on local history and just nicked others and changed the wording. Mine is the River Plate crest and this one is obvious too. I wonder if Queen Victoria built her husband the same thing in Perú :ph34r:

It’s actually River Plate AND Deportivo Municipal. It’s the most unoriginal yet attempting to be ambitious badge in history. They probably just went on photoshop and told them to put the Muni badge inside of the River crest.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

It’s actually River Plate AND Deportivo Municipal. It’s the most unoriginal yet attempting to be ambitious badge in history. They probably just went on photoshop and told them to put the Muni badge inside of the River crest.

You obviously know tons about Peruvian football. What’s the situation behind the lack of originality in the crests because I’m sure each area has its local history which is what crests on the whole are based on everywhere in the football world. Plus the club names in some cases are absolutely mental.

Why does this happen, you must’ve thought about this yourself or is it something that in a country with such a rich football history for some weird reason this is not important.

I have an inkling that Peruvian club football isn’t a big thing in Perú and that even though they love and are passionate about the sport, at club level they look outside their borders.

Just now, SirBalon said:

You obviously know tons about Peruvian football. What’s the situation behind the lack of originality in the crests because I’m sure each area has its local history which is what crests on the whole are based on everywhere in the football world. Plus the club names in some cases are absolutely mental.

Why does this happen, you must’ve thought about this yourself or is it something that in a country with such a rich football history for some weird reason this is not important.

I have an inkling that Peruvian club football isn’t a big thing in Perú and that even though they love and are passionate about the sport, at club level they look outside their borders.

To your first question, this is an amateur competition that starts with 24,000 clubs and have to go through zonal qualification, so sometimes if they get a good sponsor or the owner just happens to get rich, either because he is or in some shady illegal way,. The names probably come from third worlders in fairness. The crests I can't explain, probably for the same reason but if they truly have money surely it can't be that difficult to pay for a logo?

And as for your inkling, I'd say club football is rather big in Peru but not as much as say Argentina or Brazil. Most of the people I met in Peru follow the league. It's the higher class citizens or immigrants who tend to not give a fuck. It also seems rather artificial outside of Lima. That's probably because most of the provincial clubs have gotten relegated. The top flight has a couple of tinpot clubs that got promoted via this tournament.

It's a hard question to answer without disrespecting somebody. Politics may have also played a part. Peru isn't a first world country by any means but it was much worse when my dad was young. Plagued with terrorism and a dictatorship before that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In the UK we've got 'Captain Birdseye' for cheap quick fish for the lazy folk. 'Coronel Bolognesi' sounds and reads like the equivalent for lower class Italians and tinned muck. xD:ph34r:

For belittling my adopted club, you are officially my rival for the season :coffee:

• Haha 1