talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donnarumma signs new contract with Milan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

agree with Spike there. The leaders on the pitch should not only be captains. You should have leaders all across the pitch but this gesture to Donnarumma clearly shows how much Milan want him to stay regardless of money that he wants or deserves.

Under normal circumstances I don't know what to think of this. But considering AC Milan's general status in world football, it's a big show from the club to offer him the armband at such a young age.  I don't know how intelligent that is to be honest, but they are trying very hard not to lose him.

I have no qualms about him being captain on the pitch. As has been said, leaders will lead whether they are captain or not. But it's more the off the pitch issues that might harm him.

As captain he'll be the face of the club and the first player to have to take responsibility. It's the press conferences and the fan reaction to a defeat. As a young player and someone who is only starting his career, would he be ready to take on that burden. I know nothing of him as a person really, but it seems a huge weight to put on him at this stage of his career.

• 1 month later...

Seemingly been offered €4.5 million a year to stay at Milan.

He's so young, he doesn't need to chase the immediate success or money at his stage of career. Who knows what Milan could be doing in 5 years time and he could be a huge part of that.

2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

He's so young, he doesn't need to chase the immediate success or money at his stage of career. Who knows what Milan could be doing in 5 years time and he could be a huge part of that.

That seems like a good deal no?

27 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I completely agree with this sentiment, I think at his age he doesn't need to worry about success right now. I also agree to a point that even if he gets captaincy that doesn't mean there aren't other leaders on the pitch. I don't think it's the worse move either because Milan are in a rebuilding phase, that takes a little pressure off him, it's not as though he is expected to captain a title winning squad as of now although Milan are a big name still.

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn´t come as shock. A player who hires Mino Raiola as an agent clearly indicates he wants to go for the money. Raiola is pretty good what he does and doesn´t mind taking the bad rep, he´s ideal for a player like Donnarumma who will look like the innocent boy who was lured away from Milan. I doubt things are so simple though.

I´m more interested about where Donnarumma is going to. Must be Real Madrid, right? Anyway, it´s a huge loss for a Milan team who was having a very solid transfer window.

I imagine Raiola knows Milan will want/get a lot for him and if they were to sell, that will also entail a big fat agent fee along with it. I have no idea how all these players end up with scumbags like him, they must be great salesman. 

Just now, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I compl..... why are you from antarctica now...

Ha, it's been like that for awhile now I believe. I have turned that off so I don't even notice.

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha, it's been like that for awhile now I believe. I have turned that off so I don't even notice.

YOU THINK I KEEP UP WITH YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE LIKE I HAVE A CAMERA ON THE SHELF NEXT TO THE TOWELS LEFT OF THE SOAP IN YOUR BATHROOM WHICH BY THE WAY SMELLS VERY NICE NOT THAT I'D KNOW?!?!?

10 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

YOU THINK I KEEP UP WITH YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE LIKE I HAVE A CAMERA ON THE SHELF NEXT TO THE TOWELS LEFT OF THE SOAP IN YOUR BATHROOM WHICH BY THE WAY SMELLS VERY NICE NOT THAT I'D KNOW?!?!?

Sometimes I genuinely worry about you. xD

My college roommate was from Milan & a Milan fan and he is not too pleased about this to say the least. Definitely a cunt move on his part, especially to reject a contract that would give AC Milan a release clause that would give them some sort of protection even if he wants to move. But this is what happens when you're a player and you have Raiola as an agent. More clubs should blacklist the fucker.

"I'm a regular in the team I support with all my heart. It doesn't get any better."

This is a quote from an article on him back in February.

What a sad, sad age we live in that a teenage boy of only 18 years old, playing for the club he's supported since he was a young lad and he can stick two fingers up at the club like that just to have more cash to splash. Modern day Football everyone.

What a cunt. A big nosed one at that as well.

Archived