talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donnarumma signs new contract with Milan

Greedy shit and going to be ruined by that greedy fat shit. Give him the captain armband in a club he doesn't want to play is crazy. Not sure what he really wants, he has been given big big money more than he can spend at his age, a team that will heavily invest and be up for trophies in the future.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal...

‘Milan must bench Donnarumma’
By Football Italia staff

The leader of Milan’s Curva Sud has urged the Rossoneri to “bench” Gianluigi Donnarumma “for a year” in light of his refusal to sign a new contract.

Juventus, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United have all been touted as possible destinations for Donnarumma, but Giancarlo Capelli believes the goalkeeper should not be allowed to get his way so easily.

“What’s happened is scandalous,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“Milan did everything to keep him. Now, in my opinion, Donnarumma must be benched for a year.

“The thing that makes us even angrier is that we’re back to making personalised chants just for him.

“Him, the person that had kissed [Milan’s] badge in our area of the stadium after the match against Juventus.

“But how dare he? There’s a need to curb the powers of agents.

“He, after not giving any messages about his situation, had sent a message on what would happen.

“We, as a Curva, confirm our support and backing for the club, like we showed last week.”

So the leader of their largest support group is urging the club to bench him for a year.

Yeah this is quite shameful :| His so-called boyhood club that he supported, the club that made his dream come true and put faith into him at just 16/17 years old, the club that gave him his chance at such a young age, and he can't repay them for that, he's going to leave them high and dry. It's shameful, and even ironic considering just the day before this news broke I was telling a friend of mine I think Donnarumma will play his entire career at Milan, he'd be the AC Milan version of Gianluigi Buffon. 

It's a huge shame. Loyalty in football seems to be a dying art...

On 16/06/2017 at 7:32 AM, Lucas said:

"I'm a regular in the team I support with all my heart. It doesn't get any better."

This is a quote from an article on him back in February.

What a sad, sad age we live in that a teenage boy of only 18 years old, playing for the club he's supported since he was a young lad and he can stick two fingers up at the club like that just to have more cash to splash. Modern day Football everyone.

What a cunt. A big nosed one at that as well.

I would rather blame the agent. A similar thing happened with Sterling at LFC. It's the agents.

I also believe that it is too late for the clubs to take a stand. Some of the agents are too powerful now. 

10 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Indeed...  They threw a whole load of fake Dollars at Donnarumma...  They were apparently Milan fans and they held a banner where they referred to the Italian keeper as "DOLLARUMMA".

14978149333316.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Happy ending for Donnarumma and Milan: 

Gianluigi Donnarumma has agreed a five-year, €6 million per year contract extension with AC Milan, per Fabrizio Romano. 

Donnarumma's new contract will reportedly include a €50M release clause—rising to €100M if AC Milan qualify for the Champions League

Donnarumma's brother Antonio will also sign a contract with Milan. Wages of around €1M/year. [Sky]

That will make Donnarumma the 3rd best paid player in Serie A, behind only Higuaín and Dybala. 

Raiola didn´t handle the PR well on this one, but that dude can sure negociate a contract. I wish he could represent me in my job. xD

• Administrator
16 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Happy ending for Donnarumma and Milan: 

That will make Donnarumma the 3rd best paid player in Serie A, behind only Higuaín and Dybala. 

Raiola didn´t handle the PR well on this one, but that dude can sure negociate a contract. I wish he could represent me in my job. xD

wonder how 'happy' it actually will be. He's (read, his agent) basically rinsed Milan here. Not sure how the fans will take it. Obviously talented but he's put himself under even more pressure now. One tiny mistake and fans will vilify him. I'd say he has to go this season, at least, without making any mistakes as a way to get respect back from the fans. 

From what I've heard this whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. He didn't want his release clause to be as high as Milan were demanding it to be, because he's ambitious and if things go south with the Milan project, then he wants to go elsewhere where he can play at the top. So he rejected it and that brought Milan to compromise and reach a deal that pleases both...if things go south then Donnarumma can get out for 50 mil, which I think is reasonable in today's market for him, and if Milan's gamble pays off and they get back into the Champions League, THEN the buyout clause increases to 100 mil, which is more similar to what Milan wanted it to be in the first place.

I'm glad he's signed a new deal, I'd love it if he turns out to be Milan's Buffon and serves the club for his entire career. 

Donnarumma played Milan like a kipper!  Brilliant work by him and his representative (we all know who that is) who even simulated a fallout.  If he continues to develop like he has been he will be gone next season unless AC Milan have an absolutely extraordinary season.  Infact I wouldn't be surprised to see Juventus invest heavily in him and challenge Real Madrid for his signature on a contract.

22 hours ago, Messiesta said:

From what I've heard this whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. He didn't want his release clause to be as high as Milan were demanding it to be, because he's ambitious and if things go south with the Milan project, then he wants to go elsewhere where he can play at the top. So he rejected it and that brought Milan to compromise and reach a deal that pleases both...if things go south then Donnarumma can get out for 50 mil, which I think is reasonable in today's market for him, and if Milan's gamble pays off and they get back into the Champions League, THEN the buyout clause increases to 100 mil, which is more similar to what Milan wanted it to be in the first place.

I'm glad he's signed a new deal, I'd love it if he turns out to be Milan's Buffon and serves the club for his entire career. 

Watch him beat Barcelona in a penalty shootout in the future years.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Watch him beat Barcelona in a penalty shootout in the future years.

Good for him if he does that xD That doesn't mean I can't want him to stay where he is and be one of those increasingly rare one club players. 

Archived