talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Group Stage Draw

football forum

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

Probably the best draw that Atalanta could have hoped for. Inter on the other hand...

i guess, I think Group G is BY FAR the easiest as in their are no heavy hitters. I fully expect the group the be won by either Lyon or Benfica. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Probably the best draw that Atalanta could have hoped for. Inter on the other hand...

Group of death for Inter.

Slavia Praga being back in the CL after so long, will be highly motivated. They might ruffle some feathers.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

i guess, I think Group G is BY FAR the easiest as in their are no heavy hitters. I fully expect the group the be won by either Lyon or Benfica. 

Inter and Napoli were already on that side of the draw when Pot 4 came up though.

City would be expected to go through easily, the other two teams are weaker than all four teams in Group G.

I'd still fancy all four Italian teams to qualify.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Could not have imagined a tougher draw for the Bundesliga teams.

I assume you mean just Dortmund and Leverkusen. The other two got favourable ones.

• Subscriber

Can already tell who goes through half of those groups.

Here's a thought, if people are so arsed about fixture congestion then why don't they ask UEFA to change the Champions League format so that it goes straight into a knockout format instead of wasting six matchdays on Napoli and Liverpool inevitably eliminating Salzburg and Genk with ease?

Probably nothing to do with money at all.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

I assume you mean just Dortmund and Leverkusen. The other two got favourable ones.

Actually I meant Bayern too, thinking that Tottenham are as strong as Atléti, but only because I forgot that Tottenham are probably not as strong as last season. I agree with you now.

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nice how City get that group and we get Napoli and a couple of good underdogs. Fuck off. 

Good draw for English clubs in general. Not much to complain about.

Chelsea could easily finish first if they're inspired, but there's enough quality in their group to see them finish last.

27 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Inter and Napoli were already on that side of the draw when Pot 4 came up though.

City would be expected to go through easily, the other two teams are weaker than all four teams in Group G.

I'd still fancy all four Italian teams to qualify.

Juve and Napoli yes. 

Inter Milan will be TOUGH. 

Atalanta will also be tough, 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nobody is interested in man city so they draw them against other minnows. 

Anyone got an explanation for the Liverpool not being allowed to play Atletico thing? 

Is it to do with pairings? Atletico couldn't be drawn in same half of draw as Real so as to avoid fixture clashes? 

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Liverpool fans are already moaning xD even they know how lucky they got last year so they want it easy peasy again. 

Napoli, Bayern, Porto, and Barca. 

What are you on about? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived