talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Group Stage Draw

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting group for us... Get it right and it's winnable but honestly not expecting too much for us in this competition this season.. Lampard has plenty of experience in this competition as a player but as a manager he has none, throw in our leaky defence as well and it might be painful watching at times, on the plus side though they look like they should all be open and attacking games so will be good to watch.. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Groups Aand are completely mental and extremely interesting. Chelsea's group is also very hard to call and a must watch. Everything else is mediocrity and no hard call on the first two.

I don't see how group A and D are difficult to call to be honest mate.

Real Madrid and PSG going through for sure. As for group D, Atletico got huge ambitions this season so I can't see an upset there, and Juventus... a side with Ronaldo in the CL has to go through.

Group F, G and H definitely the most balanced.

51 minutes ago, Machado said:

I don't see how group A and D are difficult to call to be honest mate.

Real Madrid and PSG going through for sure. As for group D, Atletico got huge ambitions this season so I can't see an upset there, and Juventus... a side with Ronaldo in the CL has to go through.

Group F, G and H definitely the most balanced.

I may be wrong and this is all hypothetical by taking various details into account but Real Madrid are a total disaster and we have to ignore the first La Liga game of the season against Celta. I can't see them winning away to Galatasaray and with Brugge I can see a shock. I see Real in the same way as they were for 6 or 7 years after the "Galactico" era right now. Let's see on that one...

With Atleti it's true that they're very optimistic for this season but they were exactly that last season and a poor spell before Christmas saw them end their hopes in everything. It's all about Simeone and not the tremendous quality they have in their squad because squad-wise they've been up there with the elite for quite some time. It would be great to see a kid lead them to glory and a club their size deserves to have won that cup.

There are some real tough groups out there but most are predictable right now for me mate.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Napoli, Bayern, porto, and PSG is a feat itself but it's a human tendency to give more focus to the most recent ones and the last two games were lucky AF. They got to play a spineless spur side that was lucky to get past Ajax. Several days of rest and I'm sure liverpool would of seen the Ajax version that dominated RM and out of 10 times ajax would win 9 given how much space taa gifts opponents and at that time, the Dutch team had a way more superior midfield. 

Also. I doubt I will ever see another Barcelona team give up such a big lead with messi once Valverde is gone. Long gone the days were liverpool didnt just won but with class as well. That cheap ass and poor sportsmanship goal by TAA can only come from a klopp led team.. as much as I'm a fan of Mayweather, I hated the way he KO Sergio(?) when he wasnt looking... yeah you have to protect yourself at all times and no rule was broken but that showed poor class and disrespect for the sport itself. 

Barcelona bend over themselves  and a poor sportsmanship goal by the "defender" and klopp is consider a great ... a great coach is dethroning a way better barcelona team with your own tactics like Mourinho did, not by Valverde being a coward 

So, just to confirm, you’ve first gone from ‘Liverpool had it easy last season’ yet conveniently forgetting they had to get past the German, French, and Spanish champions en route to the final, to now they were lucky they didn’t face Ajax in the final?

Also, just to confirm, you put down Liverpool for beating a poor Barca side, yet praise Ajax for beating a poor Real Madrid side? 

Did I get this right? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I may be wrong and this is all hypothetical by taking various details into account but Real Madrid are a total disaster and we have to ignore the first La Liga game of the season against Celta. I can't see them winning away to Galatasaray and with Brugge I can see a shock. I see Real in the same way as they were for 6 or 7 years after the "Galactico" era right now. Let's see on that one...

With Atleti it's true that they're very optimistic for this season but they were exactly that last season and a poor spell before Christmas saw them end their hopes in everything. It's all about Simeone and not the tremendous quality they have in their squad because squad-wise they've been up there with the elite for quite some time. It would be great to see a kid lead them to glory and a club their size deserves to have won that cup.

There are some real tough groups out there but most are predictable right now for me mate.

Think you're heavily underestimating Real mate. 

Yeah they're not what they once were in terms of their strengths but they're not as bad as to expect a potential shock in Brugge. I don't know what Galatasaray are like these days so can't comment on that one.

It's quite obvious to me though that Real and PSG ease through the group. 

57 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So, just to confirm, you’ve first gone from ‘Liverpool had it easy last season’ yet conveniently forgetting they had to get past the German, French, and Spanish champions en route to the final, to now they were lucky they didn’t face Ajax in the final?

Also, just to confirm, you put down Liverpool for beating a poor Barca side, yet praise Ajax for beating a poor Real Madrid side? 

Did I get this right? 

Maybe he's just upset about how difficult of a CL draw United have this season.

Oh wait...

Tuesday September 17 - Napoli v Liverpool (8pm UK time)
Wednesday October 2 - Liverpool v Salzburg (8pm UK time)
Wednesday October 23 - Genk v Liverpool (8pm UK time)
Tuesday November 5 - Liverpool v Genk (8pm UK time)
Wednesday November 27 - Liverpool v Napoli (8pm UK time)
Tuesday December 10 - Salzburg v Liverpool (5.55pm UK time)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived