talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 3 - Aug 30th-Sep 1st

football forum

To ease my frustration of Rebic's inevitable departure, the latest news is that Rebic could join AC Milan in a swap deal. The swap deal would mean Rebic joining AC Milan and Andre Silva going the other way and joining Frankfurt. Silva is a quality young Portuguese player, I'd be happy with him joining his Portuguese team mate Paciencia at Frankfurt.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough luck, definitely feel like we deserved a point from this. Fought hard and brave, but got a bit sloppy and lost precision towards the end. But we can still hold our heads up high, and there will be better games. 

Bas Dost really annoyed me at the start of the 2nd half. Trying to get a foul out of every slight touch. Cunt.

Sad for Tommy, but c'est la vie' and if you want to sign a forward, sign a big thin scraggy lump and it will often pay off - Frankfurt will use him as much as possible from here on so the rest of us will have to play a very tall back line....sorry my prediction about the 22 was wrong, but at least they behaved themselves!

Tommy!  Lump is a better 4 letter word

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tough luck, definitely feel like we deserved a point from this. Fought hard and brave, but got a bit sloppy and lost precision towards the end. But we can still hold our heads up high, and there will be better games. 

Bas Dost really annoyed me at the start of the 2nd half. Trying to get a foul out of every slight touch. Cunt.

Dusseldorf were probably the more dangerous side in the 1st half and Kownacki was unlucky that his effort was called off, as the foul had nothing to do with him and it was an excellent strike. But there was a clear foul there not involving him. Hennings goal was well deserved as well.

But I think that Frankfurt came out with a lot more purpose in the 2nd half, which is what I kind of expected. They pushed for goals and they duly got the 2 goals that has earned them the win and the 3 points. It has to be said though that Dost and Paiciencia were really unmarked when they scored both their respective goals. So Dusseldorf really need to try and maintain their concentration at the back for the whole game. Never the less, both Frankfurt goals were well taken.

I am happy in general with our performance and it's nice to see the potential we have in our team. We just have to try and play at a high standard, for longer spells in a game.

Bas Dost is one of those players who will try and do anything in order to win. If that means falling down like a sack of potatoes every time he is challenged, in order to get a free kick or penalty, then so be it, lol.

If Dost does that then he is in for a rude awakening.  A good young player named Marco tried that and was virtually drummed out of the BL by Referees who were aware of his play-acting and when it was real they refused to give him the benefit of the doubt - he went to Chelsea - nothing there - and then almost into oblivion.  Gomez got the same treatment and left - coming back to Stuttgart where he still gets nothing , and young Harit with us was beginning to try the same thing - the second half of his season last year was almost painful to watch as he fell over more times than he stood up - this year he seems under DW to have got the message, but if Dost tries it then he will fail.  His real game is better than that so I hope he gets the message.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived