Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 3 - Aug 30th-Sep 1st

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Outstanding effort..... 3-1 is clearly no fluke result either

Indeed. Union are very well organised, both at the back and going forward. A brilliant team effort. Just playing clever, really. Meanwhile BVB look poor. No ideas, no creativity, no tactical flexibility. Seems to me they arrived here thinking it will be a walk in the park. 

7 minutes added time is a joke though.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Indeed. Union are very well organised, both at the back and going forward. A brilliant team effort. Just playing clever, really. Meanwhile BVB look poor. No ideas, no creativity, no tactical flexibility. Seems to me they arrived here thinking it will be a walk in the park. 

7 minutes added time is a joke though.

As I have them down as title winners this season that does not inspire me one little bit.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

As I have them down as title winners this season that does not inspire me one little bit.. 

I think they are very capable of challenging for the title but suffer from overconfidence/lack of motivation in matches like these. Maybe this will serve as a wake up call for them.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I think they are very capable of challenging for the title but suffer from overconfidence/lack of motivation in matches like these. Maybe this will serve as a wake up call for them.

Let's hope this was a one off... and if not let's at least hope that Paco continues to get on the scoresheet that way I may be able to make the best of a bad job.. 

Brandt is an asset and is too fast in his thinking and play for the present forwards at BVB.  Marco has lost a little of his intial speed and Alca never had any - don't blame Julien for bad passes - they missed most - if not all - of Jaydon's too so too much of a co-incidence.  No good having brilliant support if those being supported are unable to use it - (the story of Burgstaller's life9_9).  Sorry for our BVB fans, but today you must be feeling some of the frustration I have been suffering from for some time now.  I get no pleasure from your problems as you are my main hope for clipping the Munchkin's wings. RB are on top for now but pressure and the CL programme will do what it did to them last season.  Out of all the top teams only Liverpool seem to be ready for the new season, Man City good today, but started slowly,  Barca in a mess, BVB - well, PSG - also well?  Funny old start to the season.

• Subscriber

Geez what did Burgstaller do to you? Ridiculous amount of hate for a player who works his socks off for your team regardless of his limitations. Must be a Schalke thing :ph34r:

Sorry nudge - I cannot hate - it is not part of my nature, but I cannot accept that young talent is either ignored or stifled by older members of society who had had their moment and simply are allowed to hang on in the hope that they can still produce. Burgstaller may well be an advantage to a club in the 3rd or 4th tier of the BL, but not aat 04 and seriously, would you buy him for Werder if you could?  Perhaps you have experience in business of that sort of nepotism which goes on there - in footy it may not be family related, but it has the same sort of unfairness - either because of money or simply incompetence on the part of Officials and Managers.  I never liked Ferguson because of his verbal crudeness, but he would have moved Burgstaller on years ago!  We, in the UK, are suffering more than most as we have the money to import players - often inferior but with high profiles, while young Sancho and others have to go abroad to be given their chance.  How many other Jaydons do we have - languishing in lower leagues because they are ignored by the 'affluent' clubs who have the power to dominate our game - a sort of International RB syndrome.  We gave away Mesut to your team and his mentor made him an International player to be reckoned with - perhaps Burgstaller might have that in him - but holding on to a status which he can no longer fulfil is really sad and I find that hard to accept. No, dear Inga, it is not hate - just an old man's frustration getting the better of him!

Oh and your Austrian phrase - na bin nicht!:17_heart_eyes:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Sorry nudge - I cannot hate - it is not part of my nature, but I cannot accept that young talent is either ignored or stifled by older members of society who had had their moment and simply are allowed to hang on in the hope that they can still produce. Burgstaller may well be an advantage to a club in the 3rd or 4th tier of the BL, but not aat 04 and seriously, would you buy him for Werder if you could?  Perhaps you have experience in business of that sort of nepotism which goes on there - in footy it may not be family related, but it has the same sort of unfairness - either because of money or simply incompetence on the part of Officials and Managers.  I never liked Ferguson because of his verbal crudeness, but he would have moved Burgstaller on years ago!  We, in the UK, are suffering more than most as we have the money to import players - often inferior but with high profiles, while young Sancho and others have to go abroad to be given their chance.  How many other Jaydons do we have - languishing in lower leagues because they are ignored by the 'affluent' clubs who have the power to dominate our game - a sort of International RB syndrome.  We gave away Mesut to your team and his mentor made him an International player to be reckoned with - perhaps Burgstaller might have that in him - but holding on to a status which he can no longer fulfil is really sad and I find that hard to accept. No, dear Inga, it is not hate - just an old man's frustration getting the better of him!

I understand the frustration, but it's not as if it's Burgstaller's decision to start matches ahead of a young talent. Bash the ones who make that decision every weekend, not the player himself, especially considering that he at least tries to give his best every time. 

Talking about Schalke players moving to Werder, how about you let Bentaleb join us instead? A bit weird to keep a suspended player on the books and deny him a move just because you're afraid of his potential revival at a rival club and how it would make you look silly...

nudge said:

Talking about Schalke players moving to Werder, how about you let Bentaleb join us instead? A bit weird to keep a suspended player on the books and deny him a move just because you're afraid of his potential revival at a rival club and how it would make you look silly...

I see no evidence of any disruption within Werder at the moment and cannot understand why you would want to import some.  After Prince Boateng, Bentaleb is the most disruptive influence 04 has ever had and his 'transfer' to the second team training pitch was one way of getting him out of his bullying effect on the younger players.  Interesting that he is still with us as is Burgstellar as no one- no club - no zilch interest in either has been expressed from anywhere officially during the close season - even including any request for free loans!  With the arrival from Barca of our new man, we have a chance to sort out the front line and someone with ability for Harit, Kenny  and McKennie to aim at.  Alongside Kutucu we might have a chance of a few goals soon!  Anyway, how's your 'holiday' back home going and sorry our proposed get-together seems to have got lost in the Dusseldorf mist!

I mean it's always nice when a small team manages to beat a big team, but it's not good from our point of view. Union were supposed to be canon fodder so they definitely finish behind us. Worrying development :35_thinking:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I mean it's always nice when a small team manages to beat a big team, but it's not good from our point of view. Union were supposed to be canon fodder so they definitely finish behind us. Worrying development :35_thinking:

Paderborn also got a point against Wolfsburg :35_thinking:

I missed the Dortmund match as I went out last night, but I have to say that I am quite shocked by the result. I suspect it was perhaps more tactical naivety on their behalf that helped cause the defeat. I am not taking anything away from Union Berlin, but Dortmund should really be winning such a game or at the very least getting a draw in Berlin. 

New Werder Bremen signing, Michael Lang, comes straight into the starting lineup for them today. Theo Selassie is moved into central defence to partner Mosiander, with Friedl in his usual left back position. It will be interesting to see how Werder's defence copes today against Augsburg. Werder will also have another first hand view of Gregoritsch, the player they have been rumoured to be after for some time.

Another interesting note about this match, is that the two Czech international goalkeepers, Koubek and Pavlenka, will be on opposing sides. I think that the Swiss international veteran, Lichsteiner, also makes his debut today for Augsburg.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived