• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Because he went onto manage Man Utd, the biggest club in England at the time. I’m not knocking him as Everton manager, but it was a joke really that he was appointed considering his lack of silverware and that he specifically has never looked like winning anything, was a proper mates rates job interview to take over from Fergie

Are you seriously expecting Moyes to have won something with Everton as a critique of him being appointed as United manager?

Fuck me, it's like saying Poch was a poor appointment for Spurs because he's won fuck all with Southampton. United may be bigger than Spurs but winning silverware doesn't always make the manager top class, or vice versa. It doesn't work like that.

The team is criminally short in midfield and attack. United are genuinely 6/7 players short of challenging for anything and probably 5 years plus off the title. And that’s if there’s an upturn which there won’t be. Embarrassing.

Had City or Liverpool gone 1-0 inside 15 minutes, they’d have gone on to win by at least 2-3 goals. It’s a fucking chasm between us.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Because he went onto manage Man Utd, the biggest club in England at the time. I’m not knocking him as Everton manager, but it was a joke really that he was appointed considering his lack of silverware and that he specifically has never looked like winning anything, was a proper mates rates job interview to take over from Fergie

Yeah they really wanted him to be the mini-Fergie and style wise they had some things in common but Manchester United and football in general were both a completely different beast compared to what they were when Fergie himself took over. Moyes ruined his career with stupid decisions at every turn after he was sacked as well. Sociedad and Sunderland were both outrageous gambles. Thought he did an okay job for West Ham but understand why they'd want Pellegrini instead in the long term every day of the week.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah they really wanted him to be the mini-Fergie and style wise they had some things in common

Honestly I think at the time, Moyes was a decent idea for a gamble. Of course that's not how things turned out, but I genuinely do believe the reason United has fallen so far is they look for profile over someone who would actually fit the club. They care more about selling than winning.

They need to hire a Pochettino or a manager who is a rising star, not a Zidane or Mourinho.

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The team is criminally short in midfield and attack. United are genuinely 6/7 players short of challenging for anything and probably 5 years plus off the title. And that’s if there’s an upturn which there won’t be. Embarrassing.

Had City or Liverpool gone 1-0 inside 15 minutes, they’d have gone on to win by at least 2-3 goals. It’s a fucking chasm between us.

You can take some comfort from the fact you've ruined my bet, had you to win so serves me right. First fucking game. 

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah they really wanted him to be the mini-Fergie and style wise they had some things in common but Manchester United and football in general were both a completely different beast compared to what they were when Fergie himself took over. Moyes ruined his career with stupid decisions at every turn after he was sacked as well. Sociedad and Sunderland were both outrageous gambles. Thought he did an okay job for West Ham but understand why they'd want Pellegrini instead in the long term every day of the week.

I get why he took the United job but he had everything he could ever want at Everton

Fair play for going to Sociedad tbh, well out of his comfort zone and something he could only learn from. Sunderland was a crazy choice though, he still out the game now?

18 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Klopp had us competing in 2.5 years with an entirely new starting 11 except Hendo.

Things can be turned around more quickly than you'd think although anyone beating city seems unlikely for a while at least.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Zidane has only been a coach for a few years and yeah he has already delivered but he is still a rising star.... Contradiction at it's best xD

He won 3 CL's at arguably the biggest club in the world, that doesn't make him a rising star.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Solskjaer needs to drop Lingard for Greenwood. Played him all pre season and brings him on for 5 minute cameos. Fucking blurt.

Think he's letting him sink or swim. Some big names gone, time to step up or step out

24 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Are you seriously expecting Moyes to have won something with Everton as a critique of him being appointed as United manager?

Fuck me, it's like saying Poch was a poor appointment for Spurs because he's won fuck all with Southampton. United may be bigger than Spurs but winning silverware doesn't always make the manager top class, or vice versa. It doesn't work like that.

I know you fancy me but this is getting a bit weird

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Klopp had us competing in 2.5 years with an entirely new starting 11 except Hendo.

Things can be turned around more quickly than you'd think although anyone beating city seems unlikely for a while at least.

The problem at United runs far deeper than a manager and starting 11. There’s nobody in the chain of command at boardroom level that knows the first fucking thing about football. Liverpool and City got their owners who leave footballing decisions to the football guys. We’ve got Ed fucking Woodward, the biggest piece of shit business conman known to the Premier League. He literally only cares about the commercial side of the club, which is why United have become a shambles. We’re in the worst run of form finish wise in the league since it’s inception. However, the money men see that we’re making more profit than ever and become ever more valuable so they couldn’t give a shiny shite what happens on the pitch as so far, it’s had zero effect on the coffers. Until Uniteds form effects revenue, we’ll never win another trophy bar the FA Cup/League Cup.

I guarantee it.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The problem at United runs far deeper than a manager and starting 11. There’s nobody in the chain of command at boardroom level that knows the first fucking thing about football. Liverpool and City got their owners who leave footballing decisions to the football guys. We’ve got Ed fucking Woodward, the biggest piece of shit business conman known to the Premier League. He literally only cares about the commercial side of the club, which is why United have become a shambles. We’re in the worst run of form finish wise in the league since it’s inception. However, the money men see that we’re making more profit than ever and become ever more valuable so they couldn’t give a shiny shite what happens on the pitch as so far, it’s had zero effect on the coffers. Until Uniteda form effects revenue, we’ll never win another trophy bar the FA Cup/League Cup.

I guarantee it.

I think ed will know that United being a sixth pl aced team hurts their pockets plenty. Straight out there's the CL money but there's also the reduced Jersey sales that comes with being out of the top tier.

like Liverpool their history will mean they will be able to bounce back quicker than most but without doubt if they were top 2 and favorites they'd be even wealthier...

Could anyone sack Woodward though? That would probably give them a better platform to succeed...

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fingers crossed he sinks. Right into the Manchester Ship canal. Dabbing little twat.

I feel it should already be common knowledge that he doesn't have what it takes.. he gets alot of opportunity as it stands.

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The league is more important...... He is still a rising star because he still has a lot to learn and improve. Big time contradiction

Werent Cicero and Sirbalon talking out of their ass when they said the league was more important than the CL according to you? That was when Real Madrid won their 3rd consecutive title.

Oh and by the way Zidane also won la Liga in his second year. Fuck off.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I know you fancy me but this is getting a bit weird

Nah, I don’t have a problem with you. I just think you’re fucking clueless on the sport.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Danny said:

I get why he took the United job but he had everything he could ever want at Everton

Fair play for going to Sociedad tbh, well out of his comfort zone and something he could only learn from. Sunderland was a crazy choice though, he still out the game now?

As far as I know yeah.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yep, I guess I am giving the old broken record routine again and say if SAF was in charge we would have won by what you said, 2-3 goals, I managed to see the match off and on between keeping our grandson occupied but what I saw Pogs played another shit show as if he could not give two fucks wearing the United shirt, get rid of that useless bag of shit then buy a decent replacement and then we might have a chance of winning the title back within 2 years.

Oh hang on, I just remembered we have another shit bag that needs tossing in the Mersey and thats fucking Woody Woodpecker and he can take the Glazer clan with him. 

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Saturday 31st August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived