• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 3-2 Wolves - Sunday 1st September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Machado said:

All I'm saying is if you ask a Wolves fan at random when was the last time they lost, it's likely they'll have to look it up. Their form is fine for a club of their size.

L5aLA62.jpg

This is astonishingly unremarkable. They haven't lost since May? Mad what not playing for two months will do for you isn't it

The result against City stands out, but it that's early in pre-season, so can very easily happen. Wolves should've been disappointed with anything less than they got from the other games

In other news, I've just seen two of the worst goals and this game is wild. Think I'll sack off the shopping trip

• Subscriber

Can't handle the stress of Everton and the start of an F1 race at the same time.

Neither defence looks comfortable here and I think it stems from Wolves' shape. We're exploiting the space out wide and getting good balls into the area but Keane and Mina are struggling a bit with two strikers to contend with.

I wasn't upset to see Traore starting rightwing back as I always felt he'd struggle with Digne and Iwobi and we did get a goal out of that. He also did damage at the other end for their goal where Digne didn't do very well at all, usually expect a lot more from him. 

There's more goals in this and I dont feel comfortable at all at 2-1 up. Wolves are a dangerous all round package, from their ability on the ball to their physical threat in the area. Every long throw and corner looks dangerous for us.

Hopefully we get the next goal and give ourselves some breathing space, we've looked dangerous when we get that far up the pitch.

• Subscriber
On 31/08/2019 at 14:16, Gunnersauraus said:

I know what you mean mate but I don't think loosing to a team that may well finish higher than you is unnacceptable 

You can't take that attitude in a game like this. I'd go as far as saying the only game Everton should begrudgingly say a home loss can be tolerated is Man City. I'd say Liverpool too if not for the rivalry. Losing at home to a likely direct rival would be awful. Luckily for them it isn't looking likely.

Hope this ends a draw, selfishly.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

You can't take that attitude in a game like this. I'd go as far as saying the only game Everton should begrudgingly say a home loss can be tolerated is Man City. I'd say Liverpool too if not for the rivalry. Losing at home to a likely direct rival would be awful. Luckily for them it isn't looking likely.

Hope this ends a draw, selfishly.

As I said players can't have that attitude against any team but fans excepting you may loose at home to teams above you is a different matter. That's not to say that they shouldn't want more. Maybe acceptable is the wrong word. Understandable would be better

• The title was changed to Everton 3-2 Wolves - Sunday 1st September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived