The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 1st September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

"That was a pass from Harry Kane" well spotted Gary.

Cracking game, just missing a winner at the end.

Arsenal's hunger in the second half was scary at times. If they can replicate a fraction of that on the road this season they should walk into the top four and possibly challenge Spurs for 3rd if they don't improve.

Problem is we've seen this before from Arsenal. Remember thinking exactly the same after they beat them 4-2 in a similar kind of game last season and they were, surprise surprise, same old Arsenal.

They're just too unreliable. Both of these two are sublime and ridiculous, have been for years and the fact they hate each other basically guarantees a brilliant game between the two. Long may it continue.

Spurs need this international break desperately, they need the window to shut and to build some cohesion. Once the window shuts then it doesn't matter if they have players who want to leave, they'll all get their head down, Poch will trust them and Spurs will be off. Spurs biggest need this season is to finish top 4 because they don't want to be balancing the squad after Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld have left on a free or for a minimal fee on Europa League money

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Problem is we've seen this before from Arsenal. Remember thinking exactly the same after they beat them 4-2 in a similar kind of game last season and they were, surprise surprise, same old Arsenal.

They're just too unreliable. Both of these two are sublime and ridiculous, have been for years and the fact they hate each other basically guarantees a brilliant game between the two. Long may it continue.

Yeah it's definitely a big "if" and the type of "if" I wouldn't be surprised to repeat for the next 5 seasons.

Just got back from the game... The atmosphere was awsome for Arsenal standards and in that respect I enjoyed myself but I have too many negative things to say about us where football is concerned. I honestly can't wait until Xhaka leaves, he's shit and Maitland-Niles isn't a player for this level at all. Aside from that... Spurs were always crap but we were worse than crap in the first half while in the second half we showed more passion and that found them out on how crap they are which is why we pulled the game back thanks to that so important Lacazette goal before the end of the first period. Could've even won it which is amazing!

Ceballos should've started.

• Subscriber

Ahhhh proper missed opportunity that. Arsenal properly there for the taking - they look absolute shite.

Goal on the stroke of half time was the turning point - as was Kane crashing one against the post. We go 3-1 up or go in 2-0 I think we win the game. 

struggled early second half and arsenal deserved to equalise but thought we came on strong again and could easily have won it. Wrong decisions as usual and our best chance falling to Sissoko. Typical. 

Probably our best performance of the season in terms of some of the spells we had. Need Monday to come and go and Eriksen and Jan to be back properly and Lo Celso who I thought had some decent touches to be integrated and season should get going properly for us after the international break 

we’ve played two of our 5 hardest games of the season though and are unbeaten in them so that’s something.

Pretty gutted to throw that away but would have taken a point at the start. They’re always more up for this fixture than we are - particularly recently, shows how the tables have turned. Atkinson was diabolical though - gave them a free kick every time they hit the ground, and some phantom bookings yet somehow Xhaka stayed on the pitch 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, shut up said:

What? We were miles better than you. Arsenal dominated the game from minute 1 xD

Of course you were, you were properly there for the taking. Couldn’t handle son at all first half and had so many opportunities on the counter just made made decisions. Your defence was all over the place - very frustrating not to make more of the opportunity we had especially being 2-0 up. Thought we were so comfortable until that Lacazette goal too. Shocking from us to concede when we did. And then Kane hitting the post when scoring would have killed it. Ah well. Happy enough with a point overall 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

They got two goals against the run of play,  that's it really. They played on the counter first half.

We had more possession,  created more chances and had more shots first half...

We had 7 shots on target first half. Think you had 3. Took some very good saves from Leno to keep the score down 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

That's usually the case when playing away from home and they did it well. 

Of course possession is what matters most. He’s an Arsenal fan. We were so dangerous on the counter - Son was the best player on the pitch first half 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

My favourite Spurs player. I'd love him at Liverpool. 

He’s been bang average for ages - since City away, but this was more like it , was so dangerous although Arsenal gave him far too much space 

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Only one team there for the taking today im afraid 

Screenshot_20190901-192208_Twitter.jpg

Dont get me wrong, I think overall Arsenal were the better team (expected at home) but for you to say Arsenal dominated from the first minute is way off the mark.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Only one team there for the taking today im afraid 

Screenshot_20190901-192208_Twitter.jpg

If you say so. Stats are everything. 

Your defence was all over the place and we broke so often in behind your midfield. Wrong ball so often. 

Draw probably fair result but as I said frustrating to blow the lead in the way we did - stroke of halftime then hitting the post. We should have gone on to win that. Game management wasn’t good enough. But encouraged by our performance on the counter 

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

Even the first half we had more shots, created more chances and had more possession...spurs were poor throughout. We were unlucky to be losing at HT

Nonsense - as I said we had far better chances first half and deserved to be ahead. Goal on half time changed the momentum of the game because we looked pretty comfortable up until that point 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, shut up said:

You were poor all game. We gifted you two goals, what are you talking about. It was arsenal vs son. 

Sure...

But if that’s the case and the fact you couldn’t beat us, that’s pretty damning for you 

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

You were poor all game. We gifted you two goals, what are you talking about. It was arsenal vs son. 

Not sure if you're just on the wind up?

Just from memory I recall Sissoko having 2 good chances, Kane slapping the post, Erikson having a decent effort saved and as you say, Son running riot. 

You are having a bit of a mare here mate.

Spurs slightly better in the first half but Arsenal clearly dominant in the second. If only that idiot named Mkhitaryan could take a good touch then he could have easily scored the third goal. What a waste of opportunity that was when the spurs defender gave him the ball in their box and he was almost one on one with the keeper.

The urban dictionary puts it like this:Short for "Having a nightmare". Often used when things have gone completely tits up and you have no control over what the fxxx is going on.

Sat at home watching a game on Tv is just that and you two letting a guy from Liverpool wind you up is just daft - Kloppy will be smiling today and not just at this set of comments - both teams today were up and down in concentration and that's what went wrong.  At the moment the 'pool' are using their heads more and the table show that.  Me, O'm in my 80's so I'm past the kids stuuf, just trying to be realistic - the PL would be a lot worse without either of you!

1 minute ago, shut up said:

The game was basically spurs camped in their own half and us trying to find a way through...with spurs having counters. There was one point in the game where the ball had been in the arsenal 3rd 1% xD

Ok, well I suppose every single person who watched that game, saying how good it was, must be wrong and you are right. Unless it was the most enjoyable one sided game in the history of North London Derbies? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived