The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 1st September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Has Sanchez always been this shit?

He certainly looks like the weakest link in Spurs’ backline.

Pepe is clearly a good player, but his finishing seems a bit shit considering how many good chances he gets and wastes. If he improves that, Arsenal will be very very happy because they’ll be scoring a lot

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Guendouzi tricks you because you see his hair and associate his football with David Luiz, then he pulls something like that out xD

Has a team as consistently poor as Arsenal ever had a striker as good Aubameyang in Premier League history?

Us post 2016? xD

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

The team that just got to a Champions League final? xD

Have a word with your "banter"

Well Spurs in the past isn’t a bad shout. They’ve not been this good for most of the history of the league. Spurs with Sherringham might be a good example.

There’s actually a lot of clubs in the history of the league that had very good strikers that weren’t very good sides tbh, or as poor or worse than this Arsenal (because I think this Arsenal isn’t a shit side either - it’s better than most clubs in the country). Newcastle & Shearer. Viduka and Leeds around when Leeds went down & Middlesbrough with him too. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Zola because Chelsea weren’t what they became when they had him at his best. West Ham and that fascist lad who’s name escapes me. Fowler and Owen for us for some years as well.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well Spurs in the past isn’t a bad shout. They’ve not been this good for most of the history of the league. Spurs with Sherringham might be a good example.

There’s actually a lot of clubs in the history of the league that had very good strikers that weren’t very good sides tbh

Berbatov and Keane were good but...Auba scored 30+ last season, has hit 40 for Dortmund....the guy would walk into most sides in the world]

@Dan good shout with Vardy, not quite as good as Auba but the closest to matching a players ability vs clubs positioning

• Subscriber

"That was a pass from Harry Kane" well spotted Gary.

Cracking game, just missing a winner at the end.

Arsenal's hunger in the second half was scary at times. If they can replicate a fraction of that on the road this season they should walk into the top four and possibly challenge Spurs for 3rd if they don't improve.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

Berbatov and Keane were good but...Auba scored 30+ last season, has hit 40 for Dortmund....the guy would walk into most sides in the world]

@Dan good shout with Vardy, not quite as good as Auba but the closest to matching a players ability vs clubs positioning

There's less between him and Aubameyang than people think. Both are brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Teddy Sheringham was better than both Berbatov and Keane imo

Just now, Dan said:

There's less between him and Aubameyang than people think. Both are brilliant.

Auba is a class above for me, his record in Germany and England speaks for itself. I know people rim the Premier League/don't rate the Bundesliga but goal scoring records for players who play in both leagues generally remain the same, his record is that of very few strikers in Europe

Though I do think Vardy would have a better record if he'd been playing for someone like Dortmund, he suits Leicester and Leicester him but your managerial changes doesn't always help him

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Auba is a class above for me, his record in Germany and England speaks for itself. I know people rim the Premier League/don't rate the Bundesliga but goal scoring records for players who play in both leagues generally remain the same, his record is that of very few strikers in Europe

Though I do think Vardy would have a better record if he'd been playing for someone like Dortmund, he suits Leicester and Leicester him but your managerial changes doesn't always help him

I think the point you've touched on is why I rate Vardy so highly. He's done all this playing for what is more often than not, a midtable side. I'd be interested to see how many Kane, Aguero, Aubameyang etc... got playing for us and how many Vardy got in their sides.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Best derby in England atm

For consistently excellent games no fixture comes close in the Premier League. In-particularly at the Emirates.

Brilliant game. Thoroughly enjoyable as a neutral.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived