talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

It isn't better. Nudge posted a while back that it only improved decisions by 5% and before it was 93%. For it to completely ruin the spectacle for only that small a percentage isn't what I call "improvement".

I genuinely cannot believe people would rather have "correct decisions" over a proper spectacle, the reason we fell in love with the sport.

@nudge you got a source for that?

You can clearly see the improvement you just don't wanna see it which means most of what you say should be dismissed out of hand.

Your last statement was one of he weirdest statements I have ever heard. Fairness is very important in sport. And it hasn't completely ruined it. You really are a strange person at times

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Isn't there a thread for VAR? Feels like everyone's established where they stand with it and aren't going to change their minds for at least a while yet we keep getting 2-3 page debates on tiny points of incidents when really it's just people pushing their opinion on VAR at every opportunity. It's becoming the new Brexit.

It's quite difficult when someone turns everything into a var/ Peru thread

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge you got a source for that?

You can clearly see the improvement you just don't wanna see it which means most of what you say should be dismissed out of hand.

Your last statement was one of he weirdest statements I have ever heard. Fairness is very important in sport. And it hasn't completely ruined it. You really are a strange person at times

So you fell in love with football because its a "fair" sport?

I think you're the strange one in that case my friend.

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Isn't there a thread for VAR? Feels like everyone's established where they stand with it and aren't going to change their minds for at least a while yet we keep getting 2-3 page debates on tiny points of incidents when really it's just people pushing their opinion on VAR at every opportunity. It's becoming the new Brexit.

It's kind of difficult when VAR ruins every game.

6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

So you fell in love with football because its a "fair" sport?

I think you're the strange one in that case my friend.

No. But fairness is important and it doesn't ruin the sport in the way you say. I do apologize for being insulting there Brian there was no need of that and  I am sorry for that.  However as I said before you really need to learn that other people have different opinions to you.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

No. But fairness is important and it doesn't ruin the sport in the way you say.

Well it makes it slightly more "fair" and not this whole of difference you make it out to be, and it completely kills the flow of the game which ruins the spectacle. So yes, it does ruin the sport.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Well it makes it slightly more "fair" and not this whole of difference you make it out to be, and it completely kills the flow of the game which ruins the spectacle. So yes, it does ruin the sport.

It doesn't completely ruin the flow of the game. I've seen enough var to see that.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

It doesn't completely ruin the flow of the game. I've seen enough var to see that.

So have I and it does. Agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

So have I and it does. Agree to disagree.

Ok fair enough. I can except that. But you keep asserting that you are right and everyone else is wrong. And it's not just me who says that about you.

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ok fair enough. I can except that. But you keep asserting that you are right and everyone else is wrong. And it's not just me who says that about you.

Thats your perception. The way I see it I just post abrasively and don't understand why people can defend VAR but that doesn't mean its any more than my opinion. 

Don't usually bother with matchday threads but saw this had a massive amount of replies so thought there'd be some decent Chelsea outrage or something. Instead I've spent ages reading through recycled VAR content. I get that it's massive but is there not a thread we can dump all the week's contentious stuff in and leave these to genuine reflection on the weekend's action like they always used to be? Honestly sick to death of War & Peace length VAR essays creeping into every last inch of this sport I love, and it's not just on this forum sadly.

Christ, I just now saw the Grealish incident. How the fuck is anybody on here claiming for it to be a dive?! Must be on the wind up if you are. Villa have been well and truly robbed there by ineptitude from the referee.

Friend should be put on rest for a good while after than, because it's well well below the standards that should be required. I'm not even a Villa sympathizer and it fucking pissed me off. 

@Grizzly21 - will you please give it a rest about fucking VAR. Stop going into every single topic and bringing up that and Peru.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Grizzly21 - will you please give it a rest about fucking VAR. Stop going into every single topic and bringing up that and Peru.

Love how I'm the one to blame. Try finding topics about VAR that have been started by me other than this one, and not having just "joined in".

Fuck off.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

Love how I'm the one to blame. Try finding topics about VAR that have been started by me other than this one, and not having just "joined in".

Fuck off.

There's no issue in mentioning VAR making a bad decision. But you take it into a big discussion and completely detail topics. You've did it in this one, and I've seen you do it in plenty others. 

Broken record, if it's not VAR it's how Peru and hugely underrated and are actually the best team in the land. 

Just now, Rick said:

There's no issue in mentioning VAR making a bad decision. But you take it into a big discussion and completely detail topics. You've did it in this one, and I've seen you do it in plenty others. 

Broken record, if it's not VAR it's how Peru and hugely underrated and are actually the best team in the land. 

Actually, I've seen LFCMadLad complain, and Rando and Stan complain about people complaining. But you know, when in doubt, blame Grizzly for everything. He's the easy target. Fuck the cunt off.

Also the whole Peru thing is a myth. I looked back and I struggle to find a thread where I properly turned it into that when most of the time I'm just listing examples. Again, fuck off you twat.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Is there any point replying to somebody who says "fuck off you twat" ? I don't think I will. 

You make a rod for your own back. Stop acting like the victim...you're the common denominator.

You just did, well done in taking a u-turn in 2 seconds.

"stop acting like the victim" not so easy when you pinpoint me the blame even though I'm only a part of the problem.

@Rick I will give you that I derailed this thread as I was the first to bring it up, but please if you want me to not be the victim then don't blame me for doing the same in every thread It's getting tiresome and just downright false if you take a deeper look.

Archived