Leicester vs Bournemouth
Man City vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Watford
West Ham vs Norwich

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hopefully we can go in to this game playing more of our 'natural' game and being a bit more free-flowing and attacking, utilising Maddison and Tielemans as well as some wider play if Barnes starts. I can't imagine Bournemouth will be as defensive as Wolves, Newcastle & Sheff Utd have been in previous games. 

Evans will come back in with Soyuncu. I think Perez may be dropped for this one as much as I want him to get his first goal for us - he needs it for his confidence already as he's playing like he's trying too hard. Some things just not coming off for him right now. If he does get dropped, Barnes or Albrighton should come in, preferably the former.

Could see Ndidi come in for Choudhury but I hope we don't go with 2 DMs. I don't think there's a need for it, not least at home and it lends itself to naturally being more defensive. 

Kasper

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Ndidi

Maddison - Tielemans

Barnes - Vardy - Perez

• Subscriber

I'd take that XI if he named it now too. I'm already really concerned about our lack of width and think it's going to make us too easy to defend against. Could be teething problems but I've not been particularly impressed by our performances so far. I called in the summer that we were too light in some areas. It seems to be a bit of an ongoing thing for us - we always have good players, but often without a real balance.

Bournemouth play a very open game though so we may see something from the likes of Tielemans and Perez in this, you would hope.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived