• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The irony of the first sentence from you is astonishing. Anyway what player that simulates a foul doesn’t appeal? 

Answer None. 

kevin friend btw has been reported by ya before under Lambert, he ignored a blatant stamp in the playoff final against Fulham it’s fairly obvious he has some sort of agenda. At HT fouls each were 11 Villa had 4 players booked Palace 0. A joke of an official simple as

OK. So how I see it. Grealish gets clipped by Zaha outside the area... Fair enough that could be a free kick. However, he carries on and then throws himself over cahill to try and get a penalty. The goal is scored but friend has spotted the dishonesty of grealish and I think rightfully books him and brings play back. We can argue that he could have been quicker giving a free kick (I don't believe contact = foul but that's another debate) but I think he is right to punish grealish as I think he is trying to deceive the referee. 

26 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

OK. So how I see it. Grealish gets clipped by Zaha outside the area... Fair enough that could be a free kick. However, he carries on and then throws himself over cahill to try and get a penalty. The goal is scored but friend has spotted the dishonesty of grealish and I think rightfully books him and brings play back. We can argue that he could have been quicker giving a free kick (I don't believe contact = foul but that's another debate) but I think he is right to punish grealish as I think he is trying to deceive the referee. 

The slow motion cameras show clear contact on Grealish from Cahill, you’re just talking shit here tbh. 

28 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I doubt he has an agenda. Bad referee maybe but I'm sure it's just a mistake

Kevin Friend is the 4th official here 

result: no action. 

That was 3 years after we reported him because he fucked us again then. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10260230/Paul-Lambert-reports-referee-Kevin-Friend-to-officials-board-following-Aston-Villas-2-1-defeat-by-Chelsea.html

it baffles me that a league like this can protect these cretins, why is he even involved in our matches given previous issues? 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The slow motion cameras show clear contact on Grealish from Cahill, you’re just talking shit here tbh. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10260230/Paul-Lambert-reports-referee-Kevin-Friend-to-officials-board-following-Aston-Villas-2-1-defeat-by-Chelsea.html

it baffles me that a league like this can protect these cretins, why is he even involved in our matches given previous issues? 

You can always pick through referee's who have consistently given bad decisions against certain teams. Doesn't mean they have an agenda

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Contact isn't a foul. We're not playing hockey here.  It was not a pen but he cynically tried to get one, hence friend was right to rule to goal out. 

The fact you're now coming out with conspiracy nonesense makes you look mad. Just make your point logically. 

• Administrator

Vardy's first goal is a must watch on MOTD later (or before if anyone fancies it). Not often he scores goals from outside the box and if I'm right in thinking, the last one was that goal against Liverpool in 2016. This was one more exquisite and precise. Measured the lob perfectly and Ramsdale was caught in no-mans land. Vardy given that much space to run in to always bad news for opposition defences.

Today's style of game thanks to both teams' tendencies to attack played right in to our hands. It was a very open game right from the start and it's no surprise to me that both teams scored. Glad we got the goal and took the lead just before half-time from Tielemans. Ironically he had to score after being fairly quiet despite all the attacking play. He grew in to the game more 2nd half though. Not seen replays back of the controversial challenge on Wilson but VAR had a look at it and decided it wasn't red. Apparently he went over the ball and on to Wilson's ankle. During the game it didn't look bad but will see again from different angles. 

Soyuncu and Ndidi were just superb today. Soyuncu's reading of the game, anticipation and awareness, composure on the ball and simple passing ability is great to watch and everything you'd want from a centre-back. Good timing of tackles and actually very rarely fouls which is an improvement on Maguire & Morgan. The way he's started the season and every good performance he puts in just makes it even sweeter for how much we sold Maguire for. And all the more reason not to get a replacement in if he's going to play as well as he is doing. Ndidi usual self - plenty of interceptions, plenty of tackles and shielded/protected the defence from Harry Wilson.

Bournemouth barely got a sniff in the 2nd half in terms of proper chances - one Solanke shot from outside the box causing Kasper to save and that was about it. Ndidi kept Harry Wilson quiet, Pereira was solid against Fraser and Soyuncu had Wilson/King in his pocket. 

A really polished performance and felt like we've finally clicked today. Unbeaten start to the season after 4 games. 8 points. No complaints from me.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You can always pick through referee's who have consistently given bad decisions against certain teams. Doesn't mean they have an agenda

Yeah but it always looks more dodgy when you’ve reported him and then he consistently fucks you from then on. 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wait till you see it, why VAR didn’t correct him either is incomprehensible 

Yeah that’s fucking appalling.

Sheffield United are pretty impressive. Good group of promoted sides this season

• Subscriber

That was much better from us. Not surprised at all that we looked better with a formation more like last seasons towards the end and against a side that simply won't come here and sit back.

Vardy's best game in a while. How anyone doubts that bloke is beyond me, it's a shame for England he chose to retire because he'd without a doubt still be involved. Two goals again today, the first absolute quality.

Tielemans finally gets his goal as well. Think he grew into the game more and more and looked more like the player of last season rather than the one who has struggled to get going this time out.

Soyuncu had another excellent game. Onwards and upwards for him. The decision to go with him instead of lashing a club record fee at a Dunk or Tarkowski looks better by the week.

Still slightly wary of the fact Bournemouth do play an open game that was always likely to suit us but you can't argue with that - 3rd in the table, still unbeaten and our best start since winning the league. Manchester United away next, a very interesting one.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Contact isn't a foul. We're not playing hockey here.  It was not a pen but he cynically tried to get one, hence friend was right to rule to goal out. 

The fact you're now coming out with conspiracy nonesense makes you look mad. Just make your point logically. 

He didn’t appeal you utter spastic, the whole point of simulation is they try to get a decision in this case a penalty. Grealish does beither he follows him pass and watches Lansbury score. 

Friend rules out the goal and books Grealish for simulation. If 100 people saw that 98 would say goal only two would Kevin Friend and you. 

• Subscriber

@Stan I've seen the Tielemans challenge and I'm a bit torn. I think it looks a lot worse than it is due to slow motion replays and yet everyone on Twitter seems to be adamant it's a red. You've seen them given but I think it'd have been harsh to be honest. Like I say, looks worse than it is, no malice, clumsy but won't be convinced it's a red.

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah but it always looks more dodgy when you’ve reported him and then he consistently fucks you from then on. 

True but he's an adult and a professional referee. You might be right but doubt it

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He didn’t appeal you utter spastic, the whole point of simulation is they try to get a decision in this case a penalty. Grealish does beither he follows him pass and watches Lansbury score. 

Friend rules out the goal and books Grealish for simulation. If 100 people saw that 98 would say goal only two would Kevin Friend and you. 

Doesn't matter whether he appealed. He cheated. He was rightly called out. Whenever has 'not appealling' meant anything.

I understand you're a man of very limited intellectual capability and that you think calling people spastics is normal so I'll lay off a little. Go to bed when you get home. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

@Stan I've seen the Tielemans challenge and I'm a bit torn. I think it looks a lot worse than it is due to slow motion replays and yet everyone on Twitter seems to be adamant it's a red. You've seen them given but I think it'd have been harsh to be honest. Like I say, looks worse than it is, no malice, clumsy but won't be convinced it's a red.

Just seen it back.

It's a red for me. 

During the game I'm thinking he's just shielded the ball and perhaps collided with Wilson who's come off worse.

Genuinely did wonder in the ground what they're checking with VAR for. Now I've seen the replay, I understand. Having seen the replay, I'm genuinely at a loss as to how the decision hasn't been overturned and Tielemans given a red card. It's not malicious by any means but it is bloody dangerous. Wilson's ankle genuinely could have snapped there and is more of a potential career-ended than what Bruce was going on about with Choudhury on Ritchie.

I'd say it's more than clumsy, personally. He's gone over the ball and while he may have just gone on to shield the ball from Wilson getting a foot on it, he's gone straight on to Wilson's foot in the process.

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

True but he's an adult and a professional referee. You might be right but doubt it

What does that even mean? 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Doesn't matter whether he appealed. He cheated. He was rightly called out. Whenever has 'not appealling' meant anything.

I understand you're a man of very limited intellectual capability and that you think calling people spastics is normal so I'll lay off a little. Go to bed when you get home. 

No not people just you, because you’re behaving like one. You’re still saying it’s cheating now ffs

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Friend has an agenda. I think he’s just very very bad at his job 

I personally think there’s a bias, either way because of the previous incident where he’s been reported by Villa before it would make sense to not have him involved in our games anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What does that even mean? 

No not people just you, because you’re behaving like one. You’re still saying it’s cheating now ffs

I personally think there’s a bias, either way because of the previous incident where he’s been reported by Villa before it would make sense to not have him involved in our games anymore. 

He's a professional and an adult. If I was a linesman or referee and someone reported me I wouldn't hold a grudge. 

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I can relate. I always felt Mike Riley and Howard Webb were pretty clearly biased.

But I think every club has probably been fucked by Kevin Friend being an idiot multiple times. The man is a fucking idiot, I wouldn’t trust him to tell me what colour the fucking sky is the number of times I’ve seen him horribly botch things.

But I suppose it’s possible he’s got biases... and he’s also really shit at his job. Because he’s definitely really shit at his job.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can relate. I always felt Mike Riley and Howard Webb were pretty clearly biased.

But I think every club has probably been fucked by Kevin Friend being an idiot multiple times. The man is a fucking idiot, I wouldn’t trust him to tell me what colour the fucking sky is the number of times I’ve seen him horribly botch things.

But I suppose it’s possible he’s got biases... and he’s also really shit at his job. Because he’s definitely really shit at his job.

Studies have shown that referees do tend to give more decisions to home teams and bigger teams. But it is a subconscious thing. I really doubt they do it intentionally. As for webb he was one of the best referees in the world so I definitely doubt he was intentionally biased

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Studies have shown that referees do tend to give more decisions to home teams and bigger teams. But it is a subconscious thing. I really doubt they do it intentionally. As for webb he was one of the best referees in the world so I definitely doubt he was intentionally biased

I think Webb’s a United fan tbh and just kept it under the radar

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen it back.

It's a red for me. 

During the game I'm thinking he's just shielded the ball and perhaps collided with Wilson who's come off worse.

Genuinely did wonder in the ground what they're checking with VAR for. Now I've seen the replay, I understand. Having seen the replay, I'm genuinely at a loss as to how the decision hasn't been overturned and Tielemans given a red card. It's not malicious by any means but it is bloody dangerous. Wilson's ankle genuinely could have snapped there and is more of a potential career-ended than what Bruce was going on about with Choudhury on Ritchie.

I'd say it's more than clumsy, personally. He's gone over the ball and while he may have just gone on to shield the ball from Wilson getting a foot on it, he's gone straight on to Wilson's foot in the process.

I can't say for sure until we see a replay in real time. I'm convinced in real time that will look nowhere near as bad and certainly not a potential ankle breaker. That said you see a lot of reds like it these days.

I just don't think there's any real force in it at all.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe you are better of going down and not being profitable. Get rid of Ashley? 

Do feel a bit sorry for Bruce though. It's not his fault Ashley is a cunt and I'm sure he's doing the best he can.

Nothing to suggest relegation would get rid of him. 

Bruce is our manager so good luck to him. I don't feel sorry for Bruce as he chats absolute shite, lies and bullshits his way through the week. 

I think we've got a good chance of staying up with these players to be honest. 

Co-commentator on the stream I had was bigging up Bruce before the game then spent the first half slating the performance, tactics and decision making :4_joy:

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Nothing to suggest relegation would get rid of him. 

Bruce is our manager so good luck to him. I don't feel sorry for Bruce as he chats absolute shite, lies and bullshits his way through the week. 

I think we've got a good chance of staying up with these players to be honest. 

Co-commentator on the stream I had was bigging up Bruce before the game then spent the first half slating the performance, tactics and decision making :4_joy:

Most managers do that to be fair. I think he is doing the best he has with what he has. I get why Newcastle fans are doing it after having benitez but he is a human and them saying they don't want him before he has even started must be hard

• The topic was unpinned

Archived