talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can relate. I always felt Mike Riley and Howard Webb were pretty clearly biased.

But I think every club has probably been fucked by Kevin Friend being an idiot multiple times. The man is a fucking idiot, I wouldn’t trust him to tell me what colour the fucking sky is the number of times I’ve seen him horribly botch things.

But I suppose it’s possible he’s got biases... and he’s also really shit at his job. Because he’s definitely really shit at his job.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Kevin Friend has a campaign against Aston villa 😂 😂 

56 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Studies have shown that referees do tend to give more decisions to home teams and bigger teams. But it is a subconscious thing. I really doubt they do it intentionally. As for webb he was one of the best referees in the world so I definitely doubt he was intentionally biased

Ok hypothetically if you made a horrific decision at work and someone from those effected by your decision rang your gaffer to complain, are you telling me you wouldn’t harbour a bit of resentment for it? 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Ok hypothetically if you made a horrific decision at work and someone from those effected by your decision rang your gaffer to complain, are you telling me you wouldn’t harbour a bit of resentment for it? 

If I made a bad mistake and was corrected for it I'd accept it. Also if my work was in public domain I wouldn't take out any animosity in public. 

I think we should take people as honest. Otherwise we're all fucked. Trust is the absolute foundation of a society that functions well. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, cb_96 said:

Working through the highlights, Vardy’s first was absolutely brilliant! Such a typical Leicester goal as well

One of them where he did exactly what I hoped he'd do xD saw the keepers position myself and thought go for it. Pulled it off perfectly.

He really is a quality player. He for me is what sets us apart from the others outside the big clubs.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

One of them where he did exactly what I hoped he'd do xD saw the keepers position myself and thought go for it. Pulled it off perfectly.

He really is a quality player. He for me is what sets us apart from the others outside the big clubs.

Since 2014/15, only Aguero and Kane have scored more than him in the Premier League.

He really is a phenomenon. 

30 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Against that person. Probably for a bit. But a club with a different manager and different players is a different matter.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Since 2014/15, only Aguero and Kane have scored more than him in the Premier League.

I always thought it was a bit strange how arsenal fans were so against him coming to us.

36 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s happened to me before, I’ve been upset about it but then I get over it by the next day. I’ve still got my job to do and it’s likely I’ll have to be working with whoever put the complaint in. You just have to live and learn.

I just think Kevin Friend is shit at his job and hasn’t learned

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s happened to me before, I’ve been upset about it but then I get over it by the next day. I’ve still got my job to do and it’s likely I’ll have to be working with whoever put the complaint in. You just have to live and learn.

I just think Kevin Friend is shit at his job and hasn’t learned

@Fairy In Boots may be right. Personally I don't think he has an agenda he does. It's just a case of two people interpreting the same thing differently

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm convinced I could watch us until I'm retired and not have a player I like more. I cannot see how you top him.

Sorry to have to bring this up, but I never got the argument that VAR is not at fault, the referees are. It's true in hindsight but it's an excuse to me because you need a referee for VAR to function. 

It's like I said 2 years ago, we just needed to give it time for everyone to turn against it.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If I made a bad mistake and was corrected for it I'd accept it. Also if my work was in public domain I wouldn't take out any animosity in public. 

I think we should take people as honest. Otherwise we're all fucked. Trust is the absolute foundation of a society that functions well. 

Once sure incompetence, twice making it 3 in total is too much to put down to coincidence 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Sorry to have to bring this up, but I never got the argument that VAR is not at fault, the referees are. It's true in hindsight but it's an excuse to me because you need a referee for VAR to function. 

It's like I said 2 years ago, we just needed to give it time for everyone to turn against it

Why are you speaking like everyone has turned against it xD?

Also, you never got the argument that VAR is not at fault, but realise you need a human for it to function? That's always been the case though xD. It's always been a human making the ultimate decision either way, not some robot.

But hey, Brian said 2 years ago that everyone will turn against it and no-one ever said that it needed time to get better. Brian has spoken so let's just go with what he says!

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's like I said 2 years ago, we just needed to give it time for everyone to turn against it.

You're so against VAR you don't see any good in it. It gets things wrong but it gets more right. The premier League is using it well and the standard will improve with all the top leagues using it. You don't like it we all get that. But doesn't mean every one is gonna agree with you. In ten years time we will wonder how we did without it.

After just seeing the disaload villa goal I think it should have stood. However my first instinct was that he seemed to dive theatrecally so I can understand why the ref disaload it. Also he does have time to see that his teammate had the ball which could be why he doesn't appeal. It's a bad decision but I can see why he has made it.

Also VAR can't overturn it because the referee has blew his whistle. Jermaine Jenas doesn't seem to understand that

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Why are you speaking like everyone has turned against it xD?

Also, you never got the argument that VAR is not at fault, but realise you need a human for it to function? That's always been the case though xD. It's always been a human making the ultimate decision either way, not some robot.

But hey, Brian said 2 years ago that everyone will turn against it and no-one ever said that it needed time to get better. Brian has spoken so let's just go with what he says!

Just accept that VAR is a sack of shit

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

Brian I don't mean to be rude but you have mentioned you have asperges before. I think this is something where maybe you are getting confused. You seem to always think you are right and that anyone who disagrees with you is either ignorant or will change their mind eventually. You need to except that people behave different opinions to you. 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Brian I don't mean to be rude but you have mentioned you have asperges before. I think this is something where maybe you are getting confused. You seem to always think you are right and that anyone who disagrees with you is either ignorant or will change their mind eventually. You need to except that people behave different opinions to you. 

Fucking hell man, I wasn't being entirely serious. Way to kill the joke.

I just didn't feel like properly debating now and Stan always defending VAR can get funny sometimes, although he has his opinions as do I.

• Subscriber

Football's rules aren't black and white enough for VAR to ever be a success and it will continue being a farce. Why anybody thinks it's teething problems is anyone's guess. If that Haller penalty shout isn't getting overturned then I can't see any possible justification for having VAR and it makes a mockery of the idea that VAR has improved decision making. It actually hasn't at all has it really?

The rules they're following with VAR are downright bizarre that I don't even know where to start. It's like they're making it up as they go along.

Absolute toss.

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

After just seeing the disaload villa goal I think it should have stood. However my first instinct was that he seemed to dive theatrecally so I can understand why the ref disaload it. Also he does have time to see that his teammate had the ball which could be why he doesn't appeal. It's a bad decision but I can see why he has made it.

Also VAR can't overturn it because the referee has blew his whistle. Jermaine Jenas doesn't seem to understand that

He goes to his knees. This is basic why can’t people grasp this? 

You dive you appeal and you dive on the floor, stumbling to the floor on your knees and not appealing after contact twice isn’t a dive. It never will be it was a perfectly legitimate goal. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

5 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Fucking hell man, I wasn't being entirely serious. Way to kill the joke.

I just didn't feel like properly debating now and Stan always defending VAR can get funny sometimes, although he has his opinions as do I.

Where/what is the joke xD

You misunderstand my defence of VAR. Funnily enough, I can accept it has its problems like I have several occasions. On the other hand, you totally can't accept that it has any positives even when it has worked as intended. Because you're so against it from the outset you fail to see anything it does correctly or even when it works efficiently. 

Just watched that Villa goal. Grealish is knocked off balance and goes hurtling towards a Palace defender as he passes the ball, which he’ll be doing at some speed. It should have been advantage for what should have been a Villa free-kick and then a goal. 

Also, MOTD has queried if there was ever a whistle blown and it suggests not, which is criminal really. 

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Football's rules aren't black and white enough for VAR to ever be a success and it will continue being a farce. Why anybody thinks it's teething problems is anyone's guess. If that Haller penalty shout isn't getting overturned then I can't see any possible justification for having VAR and it makes a mockery of the idea that VAR has improved decision making. It actually hasn't at all has it really?

The rules they're following with VAR are downright bizarre that I don't even know where to start. It's like they're making it up as they go along.

Absolute toss.

But it is still getting more decisions right than before. The potential issue with it at the moment though is that referees are possibly being more lenient on penalties and seeing what var says. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived