• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Jan Vertonghen - Leaves Spurs; Next Club Unknown
  • 3 weeks later...

I follow some Benfica fans on Twitter and they´re saying Vertonghen is close to joining Benfica. 

If that´s true, Benfica is building a very strong squad. With Jorge Jesus´ return and the additions of Jan Vertonghen, Everton Cebolinha and Luca Waldschmidt, I expect Benfica to surprise in Europe next season. They could be the next Ajax or Atalanta.

• The title was changed to Jan Vertonghen - Benfica Set to Sign Defender
31 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

This is a very strong side. Especially with Jorge Jesus coaching this squad.

It's extremely strong for the Portuguese league indeed. It would be nice to have a nice champions league campaign for once... just effing once...

Have you seen Jesus' record in the competition though? He advanced past the group phase only once in 6 attempts in his first spell for us. Made it to two Europa League finals in a row but still... not inspiring.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

It's extremely strong for the Portuguese league indeed. It would be nice to have a nice champions league campaign for once... just effing once...

Have you seen Jesus' record in the competition though? He advanced past the group phase only once in 6 attempts in his first spell for us. Made it to two Europa League finals in a row but still... not inspiring.

No, I didn´t remember his Champions League record. 

I hope Benfica can make a deep run in the Champions League next season. The team you guys are building is certainly capable of reaching the quarter-finals and that should be the goal. 

• The title was changed to Jan Vertonghen - Benfica Sign Spurs Defender

Archived