The better place to talk football.

La Liga 1|2|3 - Segunda División

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img_vllurba_20170906-213556_imagenes_md_

Sporting Gijón sack Paco Herrera

Sporting Gijón this morning announced that Paco Herrera will no longer continue as head coach of the Asturian football club after a string of bad results. 18 games in and Sporting Gijón haven’t shown any sign of changing their bad form and there are also accusations that Paco Herrera’s training methods are too harsh which according to the club is shown in the fact the squad have suffered so many injuries forcing them to dip into the youth setups to fill the squad quota for match-days.

Sporting have been there before in the sense of not acting immediately and then end up tumbling further down the divisions.  The club nearly disappeared from the map and was saved by ex-footballers and fans from bankruptcy. The new coach should be named in the next few hours. 

col_fotosmd_20151212202710_GIELX_0095-kz

Sporting Gijón appoint Rubén Baraja as coach

As announced earlier on this morning when Paco Herrera was relieved of his duties as Sporting Gijón head coach, a new replacement has been appointed hours after and it’s none other than former Atlético Madrid star Rubén Baraja.

Baraja is relatively new to coaching with short stints at both Rayo Vaallecano and Elche.  He now gets his first bigger chance with a more renowned football club.  Rubén Baraja will be officially presented tomorrow at midday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 9:08 PM, donko said:

Where can I watch the Segunda Division online. The legal way. Where can I take a monthly contract? I live outside Spain.

23 hours ago, Cannabis said:

11 minutes ago, donko said:

Tell me, @SirBalon :14_relaxed:

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

FAO: @SirBalon

Just seen these guys... Sorry!

Back in London I watch all my Spanish football through my Canal+ subscription I have in Spain and which I can also watch in England as I’ve brought the reciever box over to London. Canal+ is the equivalent of SKY in the UK.

But... I don’t know of it still works but the official LaLiga app on iOS ised to show two La Liga 1|2|3 games every weekend and I used to use it a lot when I was in a restaurant or something sneakily under the table to keep upto date with Lugo games.

That’s all the info I have guys. You can try that app if you have an iPhone but I know the same app on Android never used to show the games live for some reason but if you have an Android phone you can try to see if they’ve changed that. ;)

On 12/21/2017 at 8:08 PM, donko said:

Where can I watch the Segunda Division online. The legal way. Where can I take a monthly contract? I live outside Spain.

Where do you live? Here in the UK they air games on the Free Sports channel on Saturdays (available on FreeView and Sky) or you can games on the Unibet website or app as long as you have money in your account. The window on the Unibet website is small and you can't make it fullscreen unfortunately. I think you can also watch them on Bet365 if you have money in your account, but don't quote me on that.

10 hours ago, donko said:

I live in Holland. I tried Bein Sports Connect Spain, but they need a Spanish address. Can you watch fullscreen on Bet365? I want it the legal way, good quality.

Indeed you require a Spanish address and not only that, you also need a Spanish id card (the number) or if you’re an ex-pat living in Spain then you have to prove your residency over there.

The only other method although not legal is one of those Kodi boxes or streaming I’m afraid mate.

Have you tried the La Liga official app yet?

4 minutes ago, donko said:

Official app didn't work, I'm using Android. The streams I'm using now are not great quality, of cource. I will try those betting sites.

The quality of those isn't great either, unfortunately. The only reason I use them instead of streaming is because I can rarely find streams

18 minutes ago, donko said:

I use Acestream and the quality is quite good, but not stable. But they stream not a lot of matches. The most other matches with flash players are terrible quality.

Are you following any particular segunda side or are you just generally interested in Spain’s second division?

Spain’s La Liga 1|2|3 I understand has quite a cult following in the UK. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

CD Lugo goalkeeper Juan Carlos locked in the Puskás Award today

https://streamable.com/fvutk

@SirBalon Did you see it?

10 hours ago, Stan said:

:o:banana:

I was out practically all day yesterday so I didn’t get to see it but a friend of mine that goes to all the games sent me one of those voice WhatsApp messages where he was going mental and screaming stuff like “Juan Carlos for the World Cup” hahahaha

Just now, Cannabis said:

Is your mate the bloke in the blue coat grabbing his crotch:$?

I was actually going to comment on that guy’s celebration! xD What a weirdo! Hahaha

Nah... My mate has his seat behind the goal where Juan Carlos kicked the ball from.  He’s a sort of Lugo Ultra but not the aggressive type.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 12:36, Eco said:

Nice to see Cadiz doing well - For some reason have preferred them in Spain. 

Cádiz have a rich football history and is a kind of cult football club in terms of attracting fans and real football aficionados.  Their stadium ‘Ramon Carranza’ is very famous and during the late 70s and 80s they had some magical sides.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Cádiz have a rich football history and is a kind of cult football club in terms of attracting fans and real football aficionados.  Their stadium ‘Ramon Carranza’ is very famous and during the late 70s and 80s they had some magical sides.

As I've tried to get into Spanish football, they seem to be the team I continuously gravitate towards. 

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to the minnows Aragonese club Huesca for making it to La Liga! They'll have the smallest stadium in all of La Liga with 5,500 seats, smaller than Eibar's 7,000.

(Sorry mate that promotion was secured with a win against Lugo! :-/   )

Huesca absolutely have Barca connections: a) Their colours are blaugrana, b) The club was formed by FC Barcelona supporters in 1910 and c) Their current coach Rubi was part of Tito's staff.

Now for Cadiz to make the top flight too by winning the playoffs! (Don't care who the other (third) team to be promoted is.)  For some reason I naturally gravitated towards the Yellow Submarines several seasons ago when it comes to the lower division.

(Probs cos they're kinda close to Fuengirola and Los Pueblos Blancos :D :D )

It can be done. Submarino Amarillo don't score much goals but they have the best defense in all of Liga 123.

Here's a couple run-ins Barca had with Huesca back in the Copa del Rey from the 2014-2015 season. Looking forward to their matchups in La Liga now! 

(Incidentally, that was Barca's second treble season, wearing the "Yellow Volt" Away Jerseys. FC Barcelona will be wearing the same "Yellow Volt" coloured Away jerseys next season! 

I pray that all of this a good omen . Can't wait for the new season to start already. Have a good feeling about it.

League table

Standings

Pos Team
[  ]
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Promotion, qualification or relegation
1 Huesca (P) 40 21 12 7 60 37 +23 75 Promotion to La Liga
2 Rayo Vallecano (X) 40 20 13 7 66 46 +20 73
3 Sporting Gijón 40 20 8 12 58 36 +22 68 Qualification to promotion play-offs
4 Zaragoza 40 18 11 11 52 42 +10 65
5 Valladolid 40 18 10 12 65 52 +13 64
6 Cádiz 40 16 15 9 40 26 +14 63
7 Numancia 40 17 11 12 49 38 +11 62[a]  
8 Oviedo 40 17 11 12 52 45 +7 62[a]
9 Osasuna 40 15 16 9 43 32 +11 61
10 Granada 40 16 10 14 52 47 +5 58
11 Tenerife 40 15 12 13 56 48 +8 57
12 Lugo 40 15 9 16 38 46 −8 54
13 Reus 40 12 16 12 30 37 −7 52
14 Alcorcón 40 11 15 14 34 42 −8 48
15 Albacete 40 11 14 15 34 45 −11 47
16 Almería 40 12 10 18 37 44 −7 46
17 Gimnàstic 40 13 7 20 41 50 −9 46
18 Cultural Leonesa 40 10 15 15 51 65 −14 45[c] 19 Córdoba 40 13 6 21 52 64 −12 45[c] Relegation to Segunda División B 20 Barcelona B 40 10 13 17 46 52 −6 43 21 Lorca FC (R) 40 7 9 24 35 66 −31 30 22 Sevilla Atlético (R) 40 6 11 23 26 57 −31 29
Updated to match(es) played on 21 May 2018. Source: La Liga

4274991.jpg?t=1446266785000

barcelona-18-19-away-kit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Huesca and Rayo are promoted to primera.

The second leg of the second playoff semis (Sporting-Valladolid) is being played now.  As Valladolid is winning 0-2 (1-5 aggregate) it looks like a Numancia vs Valladolid fixture for the final spot.

• This topic was unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned

Archived