talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 1|2|3 - Segunda División

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

why do some clubs have asterisks next to them?

I uploaded via my mobile and when I cropped it I cut out the reason which that those clubs with asterisks have all played a game less.

Rayo look in trouble. It's a shame as they really established themselves as a la liga club for a fair few years and have always been a likeable club.

I want to see a return of Mallorca personally, although there is still a lot of work to be done at that club before they ever make a return to the top flight.

56 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Rayo look in trouble. It's a shame as they really established themselves as a la liga club for a fair few years and have always been a likeable club.

I want to see a return of Mallorca personally, although there is still a lot of work to be done at that club before they ever make a return to the top flight.

Rayo do look in real trouble and I always felt that if they ever got relegated that this could occur.  They're a very small club dwarfed by others in Madrid and even though they have a very loyal support, they run on peanuts compared even to many other second division clubs in Spain...  This has happened to them in the past and years later they've recovered.

There are two clubs I really want to see promoted which are CD Lugo for obvious reasons and Real Oviedo...  Oviedo were once a great club in Spain's first division but due to bad administration from past owners (the problem started when some clubs in Spain were forced into becoming public limited companies and taken off the fans' ownership) they went all the way down the divisions.  They're recovering now and I'd love to see a Sporting Gijón v Real Oviedo at the Carlos Tartiere again.

3 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Are Sevilla Atletico allowed to get promoted?s

No 'B' side is allowed to be promoted to Spain's top division.  Barça 'B' won Spain's second division under Luis Enrique years back but didn't come up due to the rules for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Rayo do look in real trouble and I always felt that if they ever got relegated that this could occur.  They're a very small club dwarfed by others in Madrid and even though they have a very loyal support, they run on peanuts compared even to many other second division clubs in Spain...  This has happened to them in the past and years later they've recovered.

There are two clubs I really want to see promoted which are CD Lugo for obvious reasons and Real Oviedo...  Oviedo were once a great club in Spain's first division but due to bad administration from past owners (the problem started when some clubs in Spain were forced into becoming public limited companies and taken off the fans' ownership) they went all the way down the divisions.  They're recovering now and I'd love to see a Sporting Gijón v Real Oviedo at the Carlos Tartiere again.

Real Oviedo have a chance this season and are currently in promotion spots, so you could even end up getting your wish.

As for Sporting Gijon's survival in La Liga this season, they look doomed to be honest. Another loss today at home and things just seem to get worse for them.

11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Real Oviedo have a chance this season and are currently in promotion spots, so you could even end up getting your wish.

As for Sporting Gijon's survival in La Liga this season, they look doomed to be honest. Another loss today at home and things just seem to get worse for them.

Yeah, Sporting look doomed! :(

The day "El Pitu" Abelardo left it all died!!! 

• The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...

20170429-636290913773855316_201704291939

Levante UD promoted back to La Liga

With 7 games to spare Levante UD are promoted back to La Liga one season after they were relegated.  An amazing feat considering there are much bigger clubs in that division and that most thought they would be swallowed up in Spain's second division (La Liga 1|2|3).

Exactly 362 days after they were confirmed as a La Liga 1|2|3 last season, a goal from Sergio Postigo in the 55th minute against Real Oviedo at the Ciutat de Valencia Stadium gave the Valencian team a 1-0 victory and the three points required with 7 games to spare to officially be a La Liga team next season.

The Levante Stadium erupted into a party of chorus singing and Valencian flag waving celebrating a prize that saves the club financially.  

Captain, Pedro López had this to say about the victory and promotion;

"Nobody threw in the towel at any moment around here.  We've been leaders since the third game of the season and now we're going to party like mad."

20170429-636291013123583016_201704292225

¡El Levante ya es de Primera!

• 3 weeks later...

img_ppunti_20170604-210526_imagenes_md_p

Girona FC promoted to La Liga

Girona FC the club from Montilivi has been promoted to Spain's highest category for the first time in their 87 years of history.  Today they registered a 0-0 at home to Real Zaragoza which guaranteed them a place in the top two which is automatic promotion.  Levante UD registered their promotion two weeks ago by winning La Liga 1|2|3 (Spain's Second Division) and now Girona follow them in second place.

All that's left to find out on the final week of the season is which clubs go into the play-off for the final place remaining for promotion.

img_ppunti_20170604-184705_imagenes_md_p

Mallorca are down to the third division now. Pretty incredible. They were a force to be reckoned with in the early to mid 00s, and even sort of an Angstgegner against Real Madrid for a while.

Good to see Levante back in the top division, though.

LA LIGA 1|2|3 FINAL STANDINGS 2016/2017

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-13%20at%2008.14.

LA LIGA 1|2|3 TOP SCORERS

cd_lugo.jpg?itok=VB1Zkd-R

JOSELU - CD LUGO (23 goals)

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-13%20at%2008.20.

FINAL PROMOTION PLACE PLAY-OFF

SD HUESCA v GETAFE CF

CÁDIZ CF v CD TENERÍFE

1st leg semi-finals to be played Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

The horror. Getafe promotes to Primera.

Out of the four that got to the play-off, I was hoping Cádiz would be the ones promoted.  Getafe adds another regional team for you guys and having to listen even more to Ángel Torres isn't too appealing either.

laliga-123-v-16-9.jpg

FC BARCELONA 'B' and ALBACETE BALOMPIÉ

PROMOTED TO LA LIGA 1|2|3

img_mmontilla_20170625-221425_imagenes_m

14984239253969.jpg

FC Barcelona 'B' eliminated Racing Santander and Albacete Balompié done the same against Valencia 'B' to book their respective places in next season's Spanish second division, La Liga 1|2|3.

• 4 weeks later...

img_jagonzalez_20170714-213058_imagenes_

Andrés Iniesta breaks all ties with Albacete Balompié

Andrés Iniesta is known as a La Masia product who forever has been associated with FC Barcelona.  But Iniesta is "Manchego" and his home club from the region of his home town Fuentealbilla is Albacete.  That's where as an infant Iniesta kicked his first footballs around and that's where a Barça scout spotted him and took him to the school of excellence that is La Masia in the city of Barcelona.

Andrés Iniesta and his family have saved Albacete Balompié from extinction on three separate occasions pumping in a total of almost €4m during a 10 year period.  Iniesta's father who originally was a builder before his son became a famous footballer now runs the home vineyard where the family produce award winning wines in the family name.  His father José Antonio Iniesta has been forever a part of Albacete Balompié even after his son's departure to FC Barcelona and now has come the time where the family break all ties with the club.

This has come due to a Qatari company called Skyline that has bought 93% of the club shares (something the Iniesta family never entered into and just pumped money into the club) which Andrés doesn't want to be a party to.

Only recently FC Barcelona broke all ties connected with Qatar in their two varying sponsorships (Qatar Foundation and Qatar Airways) due to fan pressure and he has followed suit in the advent of Qatari association with his home club.

Iniesta had this to say in a diplomatic manner:

"This company has come in and cleared an €18m debt the club has. They have experience in South America in administering football clubs.  I wish them well in their future and one day soon hope to be able to once again play against my home club.  But this is where my association with them ends and I will now focus on other things".

• Administrator
On 25/06/2017 at 11:56 AM, Cannabis said:

Levante and Girona being promoted pleases me a lot. Getafe coming back is the one that I wouldn't have wanted though, Cadiz coming back would be like a fairy-tale considering their fall from grace in the latter part of the 00's and after watching a few of their games seeing Tenerife in the top flight would have pleased me greatly, it's a shame that they fell at the final hurdle after leading the way at the half-way point.

Girona are City's feeder club, so I wonder to what extent they have control over their own player selection. Certainly Jason Denayer wanted to move to Lyon and not Girona.

• 1 month later...

La Liga 1|2|3

Results: Week 1

Lorca FC 2-0 Cultural Leonesa

CD Tenerífe 1-0 Real Zaragoza

AD Alcorcón 0-0 Sevilla Atlético

CD Numancia 1-0 SD Huesca

Córdoba CF 1-2 Cádiz CF

Real Valladolid 1-2 FC Barcelona 'B'

Real Oviedo 2-3 Rayo Vallecano

Gimnàstic de Tarragona 0-1 UD Almería

Granada CF 0-0 Albacete Balompié

CD Lugo 0-0 CF Reus Deportiu

• 3 weeks later...

img_mcorbera_20170907-191914_imagenes_md

The Asturian derby is back!

Sporting Gijón v Real Oviedo

It's been 14 years since they last met in 2003 in Spain's second division.  Since then Real Oviedo went on a spiral downwards where they almost disappeared as a football club languishing in Spain's third and even fourth tier.  For the first time both Sporting Gijón and Real Oviedo in a league affair.  One of Spain's most charismatic derbies sees them meet in El Molinón in Gijón.  What every Asturian is hoping for is that they both get promoted and bring back this amazing derby to Spain's top tier in La Liga.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

@SirBalon Lugo doing well mate. Currently in 2nd. How ecstatic would you be if they qualify for the top flight and get to face off against the likes of Messi and Busquets? :) 

Yeah, I've been following it and watching the odd game.  The reason I haven't posted in a while is from superstition mate xD  Everytime I seem to post something or update this, Lugo lose! O.o

It would be a dream come true to see CD Lugo in La Liga.

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 10.58.16.png

• This topic was unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned

Archived