talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 1|2|3 - Segunda División

10 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Huesca and Rayo are promoted to primera.

The second leg of the second playoff semis (Sporting-Valladolid) is being played now.  As Valladolid is winning 0-2 (1-5 aggregate) it looks like a Numancia vs Valladolid fixture for the final spot.

I was hoping for Spain's best travelling away support to get promoted this season. But not to be...  Out of the two remaining I have no preference.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

I was hoping for Spain's best travelling away support to get promoted this season. But not to be...  Out of the tow remaining I have no preference.

I have a soft spot for Valladolid.

Both  Rayo, Sporting and Valladolid are managed by recognisable names (former footballers from the 2000s):  Baraja, Míchel and Sergio.

Next year Huesca is going to be managed by Leo Franco too.

2 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

I have a soft spot for Valladolid.

Both  Rayo, Sporting and Valladolid are managed by recognisable names (former footballers from the 2000s):  Baraja, Míchel and Sergio.

Next year Huesca is going to be managed by Leo Franco too.

Yeah, Real Valladolid is a club I also like to be honest.  In fairness all the clubs up for promotion including the mythical Real Zaragoza that lost their way against Numancia in Los Pajaritos doesn't fit well down there.  But there's only an option for so many teams and those directing the clubs in question should look to within themselves as to why they're in this predicament.  Next season the noose will be around Deportivo's throat!

On 6/10/2018 at 09:37, SirBalon said:

Yeah, Real Valladolid is a club I also like to be honest.  In fairness all the clubs up for promotion including the mythical Real Zaragoza that lost their way against Numancia in Los Pajaritos doesn't fit well down there.  But there's only an option for so many teams and those directing the clubs in question should look to within themselves as to why they're in this predicament.  Next season the noose will be around Deportivo's throat!

Seems we're all in agreement here. Wanted Cadiz to make the playoffs but alas it wasn't to be. Valladolid I like to become the third team to be promoted to La Liga after Rayo and Huesca. A storied team indeed.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I will be picking a Segunda Division side this year to follow in Spain. Top choices thus far are Cadiz, Deportivo, and probably Real Zaragoza. 

Cádiz has a very rich history. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Deportivo are more successful but Cádiz have a mystique about them for some reason. Most people in Spain will tell you this. 

Well just looking at some of the teams, I see that you can listen to all of Cadiz matches on their website. That alone may be enough for me to choose them, as I understand that following a Liga 2 team may mean no TV, but have a way to listen is a must. 

Just now, Eco said:

Well just looking at some of the teams, I see that you can listen to all of Cadiz matches on their website. That alone may be enough for me to choose them, as I understand that following a Liga 2 team may mean no TV, but have a way to listen is a must. 

There’s the official La Liga app (on iOS) which shows 3 live La Liga 1|2|3 games every weekend. I know it works in Europe but I’m not sure about the US. 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

@SirBalon where do you get these tables from? Points in the first column instead of Games Played? Absolutely disgraceful. No wonder the second tier in Spain fails to compare to the English Championship. 

I use the official La Liga app which is also the one I use for the fixtures thread. I think the reason the put the points first is becaise of the reduced space on a mobile phone. You can drag across where you get the goals for and against too. 

9286625F-D35F-469A-AB64-FDFED0B2AF57.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • This topic was unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned

Archived