talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mohamed Elneny - Leaves Arsenal to Join Besiktas on Loan

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really got the Elneny dislike. Not someone to be first choice but was always an okay squad member and could've been again this season especially in the Europa League. Hope he does well at Besiktas.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I never really got the Elneny dislike. Not someone to be first choice but was always an okay squad member and could've been again this season especially in the Europa League. Hope he does well at Besiktas.

Come one mate he was so fucking average, well below the level required. Never should have lasted as long as he did and it told last season when he got no minutes. Just hope it does become permanent, but I'm not even sure he is good enough for Besiktas. 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Come one mate he was so fucking average, well below the level required. Never should have lasted as long as he did and it told last season when he got no minutes. Just hope it does become permanent, but I'm not even sure he is good enough for Besiktas. 

All of that is overly harsh. As I said he's not at the level to be a starter but you're talking as if he was regularly making big mistakes which he wasn't. With your negative opinion of both Lacazette and Aubameyang maybe I shouldn't be surprised by the negative opinions on squad players.

31 minutes ago, 6666 said:

All of that is overly harsh. As I said he's not at the level to be a starter but you're talking as if he was regularly making big mistakes which he wasn't. With your negative opinion of both Lacazette and Aubameyang maybe I shouldn't be surprised by the negative opinions on squad players.

He wasn't good enough to be a squad player, he did nothing for us and he had absolutely zero quality going either way. That's why he is being dumped off to the Turkish League. It's no wonder as soon as the new team came in he got no minutes and binned off in a season.

8 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He wasn't good enough to be a squad player, he did nothing for us and he had absolutely zero quality going either way. That's why he is being dumped off to the Turkish League. It's no wonder as soon as the new team came in he got no minutes and binned off in a season.

It's pretty hilarious when fans get so wound up with hate over a player when he doesn't actually do anything to warrant it. Not good enough to be a starter? Sure. Did nothing as a squad player? Not true. He filled in and did a job without being too impressive and without being terrible. He's no great loss so it doesn't really bother me but he definitely could have filled in for the Europa League group games or league cup games so that more important players could get a rest. That's without question.

I've got nothing against Elneny and to be honest he did give his all everytime he played for us. It's not his fault he was at a club... (I actually don't know what to say in terms of the sort of club we are, I'm confused and don't want to say the wrong thing).

The question with Elneny and a number of others like him is, WHY? Why was he signed, what was spotted in him that made those who decided to sign him say; "Yep, this is the sort of player we need, he's going to improve us in this area".  Anyway... Wish him luck in his Turkish adventure, I have no negative feelings toward the guy at all. One less piece od mediocrity at the club and a number left to go.

• The title was changed to Mohamed Elneny - Leaves Arsenal to Join Besiktas on Loan
  • 3 months later...

Archived