Rangers vs Celtic - 1st September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Rab said:

There's always next year etc

Hopefully, and not saying again next year "There's always next year", the Hoops will go 9 in a row again equal with the Gers 9 in a row this year if they win the tile, if they win next year then it will be 10 in a row...gulp :eek:

• Administrator

Just watched the brief highlights on BBC of the game.

How has Callum McGregor not seen red in the game? The first challenge is cynical and reckless. Yellow card in this kind of feisty game. Then I see he didn't even get booked for the dive?! How has the ref let that one go unpunished?

I don't get how McGregor doesn't even get carded for his tackle yet Jones gets a straight red?

Ntcham probably fortunate to get away unpunished for the push on Arfield's neck/face. Thought hands to that area of an opponent was totally illegal?

11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It was shit. Certainly deserved a card. But Jones was worse as he was clearly simply out for blood. Can end a career like that and to do it intentionally...

All I read from this is that you prefer Celtic to Rangers.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just watched the brief highlights on BBC of the game.

How has Callum McGregor not seen red in the game? The first challenge is cynical and reckless. Yellow card in this kind of feisty game. Then I see he didn't even get booked for the dive?! How has the ref let that one go unpunished?

I don't get how McGregor doesn't even get carded for his tackle yet Jones gets a straight red?

Ntcham probably fortunate to get away unpunished for the push on Arfield's neck/face. Thought hands to that area of an opponent was totally illegal?

Welcome to referees in Scotland. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's a fight I have no dog in I promise you. Your player is a slightly bigger cunt than Celtics player. Get over it.

Oh I honestly don't care because we still lost the game before the challenge even happened.

Although it's pretty easy to see from a neutrals point of view that either both are reds or neither of them are.

The refereeing in Scotland is awful in every game. Really ruins the enjoyment of it.

Either the game doesn't flow or it flows too much to the point someone gets killed. There is no middle ground.

41 minutes ago, Rab said:

The refereeing in Scotland is awful in every game. Really ruins the enjoyment of it.

Either the game doesn't flow or it flows too much to the point someone gets killed. There is no middle ground.

Have you seen the Referee documentary on BT? It was really good.

https://www.2025creativegroup.com/portfolio/ref-stories-weekend-documentary/

Archived