• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
40 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Other than Dibu who won it purely on 3-4 saves in the entire year, I think all the Argentines deserved their awards. Dibu was clutch sure but I think consistency is key and he wasn't that, Argentina got themselves in unnecessary trouble a few times throughout the tournament because all the opposition had to do in those games was shoot at goal.

I think some people blow it out of proportion to be honest. Sure some of the nominations weren't based on the entire year, but the World Cup is also by far the most watched and most prestigious award in the world. As a result, more people will see what Messi did for Argentina's World Cup winning run than at PSG. You can argue about the quality all you like, but the World Cup is the biggest tournament whether people like it or not, and it gives you a better chance of winning these awards.

6 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I think some people blow it out of proportion to be honest. Sure some of the nominations weren't based on the entire year, but the World Cup is also by far the most watched and most prestigious award in the world. As a result, more people will see what Messi did for Argentina's World Cup winning run than at PSG. You can argue about the quality all you like, but the World Cup is the biggest tournament whether people like it or not, and it gives you a better chance of winning these awards.

Which is why 2010 Ballon'dor should have gone to Xavi or Iniesta.

8 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Archived