talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Loaned to AS Roma

Fabrizio Romano reported this yesterday and other Arsenal journalists have as well. Brilliant news for us, they will be paying most of his wage as well. No option to buy, but hopefully that's the last of him in an Arsenal shirt. Just didn't work, that Sanchez swap was a disaster for both teams.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's two duds away, Mkhitaryan > Arsenal, Sánchez > United in a swap deal, both hit the skids and shipped off to Italy. xD

Worst swap deal ever, should've just let Sanchez run his deal down or taken any money we could get. I get why the club did it, but at 200k p/w for Mkhitaryan we should've backed straight out. 

13 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Worst swap deal ever, should've just let Sanchez run his deal down or taken any money we could get. I get why the club did it, but at 200k p/w for Mkhitaryan we should've backed straight out. 

A transfer fee would've been better but keeping Sanchez wouldn't have been. Not only was Mkhitaryan easily better than Sanchez since the swap but Sanchez was creating problems in the dressing room.

• Subscriber

11 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Likewise, with us, we should have sent Mkhitaryan away on loan or sold him as he just did not click with United and Sánchez was a complete waste of space and showed us that Woody Woodpecker (Woodward) is a complete waste of space too in buying and selling players, that twat (Woody Woodpecker) has cost United a lot of dosh with the Sánchez saga where we could have bought a world-class mid-fielder.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

A transfer fee would've been better but keeping Sanchez wouldn't have been. Not only was Mkhitaryan easily better than Sanchez since the swap but Sanchez was creating problems in the dressing room.

I have no issue with us letting Sanchez go, should have let him go in the summer a bagged £60m. To be honest I don't mind Mkhitaryan he is just on World Class wages and he doesn't justify that whatsoever. Don't really think he is suited to the Premier League as well, definitely the best for both parties he moves on. 

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I have no issue with us letting Sanchez go, should have let him go in the summer a bagged £60m. To be honest I don't mind Mkhitaryan he is just on World Class wages and he doesn't justify that whatsoever. Don't really think he is suited to the Premier League as well, definitely the best for both parties he moves on. 

The squad for Europa League group games will be interesting. Players like Mkhitaryan and Elneny are perfect for that. Now the squad will be slightly stretched. Hope the youngsters can step up.

30 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The squad for Europa League group games will be interesting. Players like Mkhitaryan and Elneny are perfect for that. Now the squad will be slightly stretched. Hope the youngsters can step up.

I think that's the game plan gives those minutes to youngsters, no point giving valuable minutes to players we clearly don't want here. Players like Saka, Martinelli and ESR have a big opportunity this season now with both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan leaving. 

• 9 months later...

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has joined AS Roma on a permanent deal. Loan has been extended for the remainder of the season and an agreement is in place for him to join permanently. No fee for us, it was just not possible as he was on 200k p/w. Not to mention his age and only having a year left. 

All in all this saves us at least £10m and apparently Raiola has to pay some compensation due to some loyalty bonus which is hilarious. Glad it's over with now and we don't have another waster collecting money for a year. Also credit to the player for wanting to actually play. 

Can safely say that swap deal was the worst in history and I'm glad we've at least got our baggage off the books. 

Signing a 31 year old, on massive wages and blocking game time for younger, more dynamic players. Can't say I'm a massive fan of this.

Will only be compounded when they sign a 30 year old defender, for €20m, also on huge wages...

Archived