talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leonardo Bittencourt joins Werder Bremen

https://bulinews.com/news/3319/report-werder-closing-in-on-leonardo-bittencourt

Werder Bremen are apparently close to loaning winger Leonardo Bittencourt from Hoffenheim. I think this is a decent deal for Werder, as Bittencourt is a skilled and a tricky winger on his day. Werder face a lot of problems in their defence because of the injuries to several of their defenders. But an addition like Bittencourt to their offense, is always helpful, in terms of giving them more options and adding depth to the team.

• The title was changed to Leonardo Bittencourt - Werder Bremen Interested in Winger
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Haha yeah just posted in the Werder thread minutes ago as well :D I always liked Bittencourt; we actually wanted to sign him last summer as well but he chose Hoffenheim. A welcome addition but damn we should really signed a defensive midfielder at some point :7_sweat_smile: 

Apparently a loan deal with a mandatory permanent transfer at the end of the season; similar to the Toprak deal.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Haha yeah just posted in the Werder thread minutes ago as well :D I always liked Bittencourt; we actually wanted to sign him last summer as well but he chose Hoffenheim. A welcome addition but damn we should really signed a defensive midfielder at some point :7_sweat_smile: 

Apparently a loan deal with a mandatory permanent transfer at the end of the season; similar to the Toprak deal.

Yeah, it is a decent deal from Werder's perspective. They have picked up a good player for this season, without forking out too much at this stage. If he proves he plays well at Werder, then he can be bought for what seems like a modest price at the end of the season.

I think that Bittencourt is definitely a talented player, it just remains to be seen how much of that talent Werder can get out of him. But regular football, which he will likely have at Werder, will only do him and Werder good, in terms of getting the best out of him.

I think this is a good all round deal for Werder.

Apparently Martin Harnik is joining HSV Hamburg as well. 

Solid pickup IMO. Was rather stunned he didn’t work out at Hoffe as he always did well for Köln. HSV passed on him before his move to Köln and I believe that the course of history may have been different had our superiors not have been so stupid, as we’ve only just managed to establish a decent stable of wingers since some point after being relegated. 

Archived