• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA The Best Award

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Remember, some people like Xhaka. It means very little my friend.

Van de Beek was the driving force to Ajax's attack linking up so well. Always went forward and even racked up decent stats to back me up. So nearly hit double figures for goals and assists. Always had his head up. Frenkie de Jong is amazing but I honestly think Van de Beek was more important.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Did I or anyone stop you offering your opinion? Not really... You gave it and it's null and void I'm afraid Brian.

I'm not even going to argue what you said wrong because I'm tired of calling people out for shite like this. If you think it's null and void though that's subjective to you.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'm not even going to argue what you said wrong because I'm tired of calling people out for shite like this. If you think it's null and void though that's subjective to you.

You're not going to argue because there is no argument.

The term "respect people's opinion" is as it says on the tin mate... Accept their right to vent their opinion but nowhere or anyone has it been said that people's opinion must be taken as a fact. That's a FACT! ;)

You gave your opinion and most of the world doesn't agree. What next?

Just now, SirBalon said:

You're not going to argue because there is no argument.

The term "respect people's opinion" is as it says on the tin mate... Accept their right to vent their opinion but nowhere or anyone has it been said that people's opinion must be taken as a fact. That's a FACT! ;)

You gave your opinion and most of the world doesn't agree. What next?

That's why it's an "unpopular opinion" and I didn't know you counted for "the world".

You misunderstood me too. I'm not going to argue with you claiming my opinion is rubbish. I just want to keep it to football. Genuinely tired of being called a headache for providing a simple opinion. If I'm seen as the forum villain just sack me off and it's done (even though I know that's not true)

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

That's why it's an "unpopular opinion" and I didn't know you counted for "the world".

You misunderstood me too. I'm not going to argue with you claiming my opinion is rubbish. I just want to keep it to football. Genuinely tired of being called a headache for providing a simple opinion. If I'm seen as the forum villain just sack me off and it's done (even though I know that's not true)

I said it's rubbish because it's ridiculous to the large majority of people that follow football, hence as you said, it's unpopular. Never did I say you didn't have a right to state your singular opinion. Quite the contrary mate... You gave it because it's your right and I told you it's rubbish.

Another thing... You can't make yourself any kind of victim because people don't agree with you and refute your opinion. Having an opinion doesn't mean it stands alone as a point of fact by any one person, it means it's there to he refuted. Nobody is mentioning Van de Beek as being in the top 5 players of the year for obvious reasons but by stating what you stated, you turn Van  de Beek into an unnecessary victim which I'm sure he wouldn't want to be put there. There's a reason for why the Ajax fans gathered to listen to De Jong's last words in a public square. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I said it's rubbish because it's ridiculous to the large majority of people that follow football, hence as you said, it's unpopular. Never did I say you didn't have a right to state your singular opinion. Quite the contrary mate... You gave it because it's your right and I told you it's rubbish.

Another thing... You can't make yourself any kind of victim because people don't agree with you and refute your opinion. Having an opinion doesn't mean it stands alone as a point of fact by any one person, it means it's there to he refuted. Nobody is mentioning Van de Beek as being in the top 5 players of the year for obvious reasons but by stating what you stated, you turn Van  de Beek into an unnecessary victim which I'm sure he wouldn't want to be put there. There's a reason for why the Ajax fans gathered to listen to De Jong's last words in a public square. 

I don't get this though, many people can say the earth is flat. Just because it's unpopular doesn't make it wrong. There are certain arguments you can use to try and argue against it such as that Barcelona bought De Jong and while Van de Beek stayed at Ajax. 

You make it sound like I'm comparing Micronesia to Germany. I don't mind you laughing off my opinion but it's when you say things like "I'm arguing for arguing's sake" that I get annoyed. I'm saying it cos I actually think this, not because I just want to be a contrarian. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Erm... You might want to reconsider this xD 

Badly worded xD

I meant that many people say the earth is flat, but it doesn't make the ones who don't say that the wrong ones.

6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I don't get this though, many people can say the earth is flat. Just because it's unpopular doesn't make it wrong.

What!?!? xD

Well, thats It isn't it. Couldn't have found a better example of how opinion is exact that, opinion. While then you have people giving facts to dismantle beliefs. There's a difference between a personal belief and a general consensus.

Earth is flat indeed. For fuck's sake.

Just now, SirBalon said:

What!?!? xD

Well, thats It isn't it. Couldn't have found a better example of how opinion is exact that, opinion. While then you have people giving facts to dismantle beliefs. There's a difference between a personal belief and a general consensus.

Earth is flat indeed. For fuck's sake.

Look above.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Badly worded xD

I meant that many people say the earth is flat, but it doesn't make the ones who don't say that the wrong ones.

Excuse me Brian... Right now with your Van de Beek "opinion" you are in the camp of an equivalent that compares to the flat earth believers in this case.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Look above.

Notice you had to quickly rephrase and backtrack due to another person ( @nudge ) understanding what I did which is indeed what you wrote and YOU made an error, but it wasn't really an error, it just proves what I've been saying to you in this whole futile conversation.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Excuse me Brian... Right now with your Van de Beek "opinion" you are in the camp of an equivalent that compares to the flat earth believers in this case.

Not even close

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Notice you had to quickly rephrase and backtrack due to another person ( @nudge ) understanding what I did which is indeed what you wrote and YOU made an error, but it wasn't really an error, it just proves what I've been saying to you in this whole futile conversation.

Believe what you want to, I cba to bring up this whole "victim" thing anymore even if it's absolutely true.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Leave me out of this xD I only posted because it looked like Brian suggested that flat earthers might have an unpopular opinion but that doesn't mean they're wrong and I thought that was hilarious xD 

On a serious note such argument are getting really tedious...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

On a serious note such argument are getting really tedious...

It's a fucking pattern by this point. I give an unpopular opinion, get cited as a contrarian or a headache, I tell them what they did wrong then they say I'm making myself the victim. It's tiresome! I try to get along with most members on here but not easy when I get attacked for my opinion time and time again. 

11 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's a fucking pattern by this point. I give an unpopular opinion, get cited as a contrarian or a headache, I tell them what they did wrong then they say I'm making myself the victim. It's tiresome! I try to get along with most members on here but not easy when I get attacked for my opinion time and time again. 

Attacked?

Obviously you've never really been attacked in your life. Let's leave it Brian.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wasn’t in top 3 and/or didn’t captain the national side. 

Is that the real reason? He doesn't vote when he doesn't get what he wants? Bit childish that even if he is a superb footballer. 

11 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Unpopular opinion, but Sam Cosgrove really should have won.

Why do people have to make fun of my post? Jesus christ I just gave my honest thoughts. I much prefer to be honest than to sound obvious just to fit in.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Attacked?

Obviously you've never really been attacked in your life. Let's leave it Brian.

I think Van de Beek is more useful than Frenkie de Jong. It's not delusional, I saw something you haven't. Instead of saying I'm a contrarian and a "backtracker" for wording something wrongly and assuming me for a fucking idiot, why not try and argue why you disagree with me instead of "No Frenkie is better you're delusional". You sound like Teso to an extent. Just accept that it's my opinion and move on. Christ.

Archived