talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA The Best Award

football forum

15 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

assuming me for a fucking idiot

What? Where have you ascertained that I have made that assumption!

You are an odd person... Let's leave it here and I have ceased to entertain any more of your ramblings on this subject.

Debating sport or anything in life where someone takes a contrary view to how you feel about things isn't someone that is labelling you anything of the sort.

Carry on Brian, you ain't gonna get fed your victim medicine from me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

What? Where have you ascertained that I have made that assumption!

You are an odd person... Let's leave it here and I have ceased to entertain any more of your ramblings pn this subject.

Debating sport or anything in life where someone takes a contrary view to how you feel about things isnt someone that is labelling you anything of the sort.

Carry on Brian, you ain't gonna get fed your victim medicine from me.

You said I actually think the world is flat. Do I look like Samuel Shenton to you?

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Debating sport or anything in life where someone takes a contrary view to how you feel about things isn't someone that is labelling you anything of the sort.

Well no, you can oppose me but you claimed I was a contrarian and that I think the earth is flat. That is not what I call debate. That's just being only open to tell me how delusional I am. Sorry to tell you.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

VdB doesn't even come close to De Jong... VdB looked even better than what he really is thanks to De Jong. That's the type of player De Jong is, makes anyone around him better. 

Maybe I don't see that and am a bigger fan of Van de Beek's style of play?

I haven't seen Ajax this season but from what I hear he's having a decent start to the season. 2 goals and 3 assist in 4 games. All without De Jong. Last season I preferred Van de Beek.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

The only one I would take ahead of De Jong is Bruno Guimaraes, but regardless of what style you prefer, players like Arthur and De Jong stand out no matter what. 

But it doesn't make them "better" in some people's opinions.

A player has too many flaws and weaknesses that you can assess . You have to use your own eye to judge for yourself and maybe back it up with stats. 

I saw more in Van de Beek than De Jong, who are both wonderful footballers but the style Van de Beek puts on is more useful in my opinion. 

Think about managers. Do you think Mourinho is more wrong with the style he prefers than someone like Bielsa? Why do you think there are 'Menotistas', 'Bielsistas' and 'Bilardistas'? None of them are wrong or right.

Besides I'm comparing 2 great players and who is better than one another, I'm not comparing a Micronesian U21 fringe player to Messi. I can't stand close minds that think one opinion has to be right, and I'm not attacking you Teso at all as you handled this better than Sirbalon did if you ask me.

Hell, what about Riquelme, he wasn't wanted at Barcelona because Van Gaal didn't like the Enganche style. He wanted someone to work more, yet look how he did at Boca and Villareal. There is no wrong or right style and I can't stand people who think their opinion is the only one that's right. If that's the case just sack managers off.

On 25/09/2019 at 21:15, Cicero said:

I think it is. Top three and country captains 

It's all the captains and coaches of every nation who vote, then someone from the media. The 3 players with the most votes are then announced and then the winner is announced at the ceremony after that. The votes are already done before the top 3 are announced.

It's a shit way of voting either way as players are focused on playing rather than watching the game. Some of them also just vote for their mates if on the list of 20 or whatever it is.

Then again Messi got 8 points from a possible 9 from Brazil even after accusing them of alsorts a few month ago xD

Archived