talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yehven Konoplyanka - Signs for Shakhtar Donetsk

football forum

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/shakhtar-donetsk-interested-in-schalke-04s-konoplyanka-a-move-could-pave-the-way-for-taison-to-milan

Several reports suggest that Shakhtar Donetsk are interested in buying Yevhen Konoplyanka from Schalke 04. 

AC Milan have been interested in buying Shakhtar's player Taison for a while. So if Konoplyanka were to join Shakhtar, that would pave the way for Taison to join AC Milan it seems.

• The title was changed to Yehven Konoplyanka - Shakhtar Interested
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, love that name too!

I always thought he was going to be brilliant. The thing is he had amazing spells but they were too few at the top end.

Konoplyanka has now officially moved to Shakhtar Donetsk.

He was a big reason why Dnipro reached the 2015 Europa League Final, beating teams like Napoli, Ajax, Brugge, Olympiacos and St Etienne to get there. On his day, he is a real talent, but unfortunately, he can be quite inconsistent at times. I think that at Shakhtar they will play him in a role that will get the best out of him. Only this summer he inspired Ukraine to a  5-0 win over a decent Serbia national team, where he scored 2 goals and was involved with the others.

I think that moving away from a mid-table team like Schalke in a very strong league to the best team in Ukraine, might turn out to be a great move for him. Shakhtar are a dominant force in Ukraine and a strong team in Europe. There will be less pressure on him there, in the sense that he will be winning more often than not and he will probably be able to regain some more consistency when he plays.

Archived