talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017 Music

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't really listened to a wealth of new music so far this year. My album of the year so far would have to be Kendrick Lamar's DAMN. and my favourite single would be DNA off said album. Aside from that I've been really enjoying Frank Ocean's releases Chanel, Biking and Lens and I highly recommend checking them out. 

The most disappointing album I've listened to this year is Joey Bada$$' ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$ which fell really flat in my opinion compared to his last release B4.DA.$$ which I really enjoyed. I've also been underwhelmed by what I've heard of Gorillaz' new project, Ascension with Vince Staples was good but none of the other tracks I've heard clicked with me, my biggest gripe is that there isn't a whole lot of Damon Albarn with the featured artists taking the spotlight. 

As for coming releases I'm looking forward to new albums from Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock which are both slated for this year. GOOD Music's Cruel Winter is also supposed to be coming out this year. If you don't know GOOD it's Kanye West's label which features artists like John Legend, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Travis Scott, Desiigner and Pusha T. They put out a project called Cruel Summer in 2011 which has some bangers like Mercy and Don't Like.1 on it. 

Aside from that I'm hoping for LP5 from Brand New, it was supposed to come out last year but it was postponed and there's been no word on it since but I'm still holding out hope it might come soon. Similarly Pusha T's King Push was supposed to be released in 2016 but hasn't yet and is slated for release sometime this year, his prelude to it, Darkest Before Dawn was really good so I have high hopes for this release. 

4 minutes ago, Takyon said:

Haven't really listened to a wealth of new music so far this year. My album of the year so far would have to be Kendrick Lamar's DAMN. and my favourite single would be DNA off said album. Aside from that I've been really enjoying Frank Ocean's releases Chanel, Biking and Lens and I highly recommend checking them out. 

The most disappointing album I've listened to this year is Joey Bada$$' ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$ which fell really flat in my opinion compared to his last release B4.DA.$$ which I really enjoyed. I've also been underwhelmed by what I've heard of Gorillaz' new project, Ascension with Vince Staples was good but none of the other tracks I've heard clicked with me, my biggest gripe is that there isn't a whole lot of Damon Albarn with the featured artists taking the spotlight. 

As for coming releases I'm looking forward to new albums from Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock which are both slated for this year. GOOD Music's Cruel Winter is also supposed to be coming out this year. If you don't know GOOD it's Kanye West's label which features artists like John Legend, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Travis Scott, Desiigner and Pusha T. They put out a project called Cruel Summer in 2011 which has some bangers like Mercy and Don't Like.1 on it. 

Aside from that I'm hoping for LP5 from Brand New, it was supposed to come out last year but it was postponed and there's been no word on it since but I'm still holding out hope it might come soon. Similarly Pusha T's King Push was supposed to be released in 2016 but hasn't yet and is slated for release sometime this year, his prelude to it, Darkest Before Dawn was really good so I have high hopes for this release. 

I can't say there's anything I'm looking forward to. Last year there were a plethora of albums but so far this year there's been nothing. I looked forward to Spirit by Depeche Mode but didn't really get into it much.

14 minutes ago, Cure said:

I can't say there's anything I'm looking forward to. Last year there were a plethora of albums but so far this year there's been nothing. I looked forward to Spirit by Depeche Mode but didn't really get into it much.

Just took a look at Metacritic's upcoming releases list and there's very few confirmed releases that catch my attention. I forgot Mac DeMarco has a new project coming out so I'll definitely look at that. Royal Blood, Snoop Dogg and At The Drive In's new albums might be worth checking out. 

There's a couple of other albums I forgot about on the anticipated releases that I'm looking forward to. Big Boi (one half of OutKast) has Boomiverse coming out, Kanye's Turbo Grafx 16 is supposedly anticipated to come this year but I'm skeptical seeing as it was due last year and nothing has been said about it since, Vince Staples has Big Fish Theory which completely slipped my mind even though I'm a big fan of Vince :dam: and The 1975 apparently have a new release and they usually have some fun singles.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I love how late @Stan gets to the party :ph34r:.

heard it a few weeks ago when it was actually released but thought I'd try and spark some activity in here.

Only you would be against that. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Feel a bit disgusted in myself. One of my favourite bands right now PVRIS have released their new song and whilst it's brilliant I've only found out about it now when it was actually released a month ago. Shame on me. 

Their new album is out August 4th. 

*awaits Stan to jump on this after my comments about Don Broco*

Haha I'll jump on it because I heard it soon after it came out :D

Sooner than you anyway ;) 

p.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Been listening to a band called Witterquick who have a song called Hiding Place out at the moment. 

They've got a new EP out soon and another single out called 'Lie To Me' at the end of July

19 hours ago, Stan said:

Been listening to a band called Witterquick who have a song called Hiding Place out at the moment. 

They've got a new EP out soon and another single out called 'Lie To Me' at the end of July

Heard some of their stuff recently [off their last EP I believe] after somebody mentioned them to me. For me they need somebody with a bit more go doing the vocals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2017 at 7:37 PM, Large said:

That QotSA track was okay but nothing special. I usually find with them that I get their albums for a couple of absolute belters on there. The rest though I can take or leave.

Get's better every time you listen to it. Got a feeling this album is going to be their best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grizzly Bear going a bit stale for my liking. Disappointed with the new album from the first couple of listens. 

Fleet Foxes on the other hand delivered their best album to date with Crack Up 

Archived