The better place to talk football.

England 5-3 Kosovo - Tuesday 10th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tell you what, that Declan Rice lad is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen in a while. And that's a pretty terrible fucking error from him there, absolutely unforced as well.

A bit worrying that we've got some players capable of making shocking errors that'll lead to a side like Kosovo scoring twice on us.

Yup - really worry about his ability on the ball to play at the highest level. Seems to happen a lot to these young holding players who get found out 

• Administrator

This performance is indicative of how I thought Arsenal would be this season.

Score a shitload with a frighteningly quick attack and target man.

Concede a shitload with a weak and clumsy defence.

It certainly makes for an entertaining game from a neutral's point of view. In reality, England should be doing so much better and not conceding 3 at home in a qualifier against this standard of team..

Just now, Storts said:

Yup - really worry about his ability on the ball to play at the highest level. Seems to happen a lot to these young holding players who get found out 

I've honestly been stunned by the amount of hype around him since around the end of last season. I'm sure he's got his good moments, but I've genuinely never been impressed by him - always found him a bit underwhelming. Kind of a bit shite for Ireland we've managed to coax him away from their national team, as he'd probably do a better job for him than he does for us. He's only young, plenty of time to improve... but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for this level.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Hard to work out of we should be praising Kosovo for their efforts in the second half or slamming England for their complacency in allowing this game to look like the fightback of the century.. 

Why not both? Pretty big accomplishment for Kosovo considering how new they are to actually having a national team. But yeah, the complacency for 3 bad errors that all resulted in 3 bad goals is obviously worrying.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why not both? Pretty big accomplishment for Kosovo considering how new they are to actually having a national team. But yeah, the complacency for 3 bad errors that all resulted in 3 bad goals is obviously worrying.

I think we should give them a pat on the back.. they have come out and given it some fight rather than rolling over and giving up 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

This prick scores a lot of penalties recently so it's nice to see him fail with one.

Agreed - delighted the one he missed is for England. Get it out the way. Doesn’t happen often 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is that true? I think they conceded 5 against Scotland once but may have before that game 

1881, lost 6-1.

1920, won 5-4.

1928, lost 5-1.

• The title was changed to England 5-3 Kosovo - Tuesday 10th September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived