• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany 2-4 Netherlands - Friday 6th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Panna King said:

Van Dijk didn't have the best of games tbh but Wijnaldum was one of the best players on the pitch.

Shame about big Virgil, but he's been so good for over a year he's bound to start having a few crap performances every once in a while. Excellent news about Gini though - imo one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe, but good to hear he performed well today.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

2 Ex Arsenal youth players scoring Gnabry and Malen.  No Idea why Wenger sold Malen, he is quality.

I always thought gnarbry could have been good and he is doing well now. Just didn't fit in to our system I guess

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shame about big Virgil, but he's been so good for over a year he's bound to start having a few crap performances every once in a while. Excellent news about Gini though - imo one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe, but good to hear he performed well today.

Well Van Dijk didnt get tested too much but just  lost concentration at times which let Germany in.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was going to say "well this is a shock, I didn't expect this" and then I deleted it because it's not surprising at all. Not when we consider where the Netherlands are at currently (incredible change in 24 months) and Germany also. I won't go into the Joachim Löw issue because I'm not sure I know enough to say what I want to say.

But something needs to change and the easiest way is to change the coach and hope confidence comes back at least and then work on from there.

Frenkie de Jong was absolutely incredible in that second period.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

2 Ex Arsenal youth players scoring Gnabry and Malen.  No Idea why Wenger sold Malen, he is quality.

Most pundits in Holland have been raving about Malen for a while, it is no secret that he is a real talent. Gnabry has also developed into a very good player. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Remember when Pullis thought Gnabry wasn't good enough for WBA? xD

How wrong he was, Gnabry is now a regular for Bayern and the German national team and he is estimated to be valued at 60 million Euros.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Michael said:

How wrong he was, Gnabry is now a regular for Bayern and the German national team and he is estimated to be valued at 60 million Euros.

To be fair, Nagelsman rejuvenated his career. English football wasn't for him at that time. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Werder rejuvenated his career ¬¬

I was about to say, Gnabry started to play superbly after he joined Werder Bremen, that was before he went on loan to Hoffenheim under Nagelsman.

After his great performances for Werder, Bayern bought him and loaned him out to Hoffenheim. He's played well ever since he returned to Germany.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

I was about to say, Gnabry started to play superbly after he joined Werder Bremen, that was before he went on loan to Hoffenheim under Nagelsman.

Yeah... We did the same to De Bruyne too.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I remember. There have been several elite players whom Werder helped in their development as players.

I reckon we should ask for a 10% of their current market values as a reward :35_thinking: :D 

Firstly, contrary to the old cliches the ESPN talking heads were saying bout great back and forth and exciting play and poor defending responsible for every gol etc. this was a bad game. Germany could not put together three passes and  the Dutch were not much better, but they were better. This German team is as bad or worse than the teams of the 00s.   I dont think you can put all the blame on JLow, he has nothing to work with,  having said that, it probably is a time for change if for no other reason then to make a change. 

On 07/09/2019 at 17:07, binder said:

Firstly, contrary to the old cliches the ESPN talking heads were saying bout great back and forth and exciting play and poor defending responsible for every gol etc. this was a bad game. Germany could not put together three passes and  the Dutch were not much better, but they were better. This German team is as bad or worse than the teams of the 00s.   I dont think you can put all the blame on JLow, he has nothing to work with,  having said that, it probably is a time for change if for no other reason then to make a change. 

Well I thought we played well apart from at left back we got exposed twice in the first half, apart from that we dominated the game but just didn't create much in the first half.  The 2nd half we stepped it up and opened the German team up a number of times, Tah had a nightmare and couldn't handle the speed of our players. 

Germany have a big problem in midfield they have no one who can keep the ball, it was so easy to win back the ball when de Jong and Wijnaldum pressured them.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived