• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romania 1-2 Spain - Thursday 5th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Hasn’t he played for like 3 different countries haha?

Alfredo di Stéfano

• Argentina - 6 games - (6 goals)
  • Colombia - 4 games - (0 goals)
  • Spain - 31 games - (23 goals)

Alfredo di Stéfano played most of his international career in Spain as you can see and it wasn't unusual back in the day in times of world turmoil to see players defect and play for various nations as happened with the two Hungarian wizards Ferenc Puskas and Ladislao Kubala.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

ROMANIA 1-2 SPAIN (FT)

Andone for Romania

Sergio Ramos (pen) and Paco Alcácer for Spain.

Important win for Spain.

Paco Alcacer has an impressive goals to appearance record for Spain, even though his goal today for Spain was probably his easiest goal so far.

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Important win for Spain.

Paco Alcacer has an impressive goals to appearance record for Spain, even though his goal today for Spain was probably his easiest goal so far.

Curiously, Spain had never won away in Romania which is a very good sign because the close scoreline occurred thanks to one of the most unbelievable goalkeeping performances I've seen in years. Ciprian Tătăruşanu plays for Olympique Lyonnais but apparently isn't the first choice! O.o

Like I said, Spain should've really made the game a cricket score but the victory was very important because the next few games are quite easy and should see Spain qualify with ease.

Another great thing from Spain's perspective is the amount of young players in the lineup yesterday.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Curiously, Spain had never won away in Romania which is a very good sign because the close scoreline occurred thanks to one of the most unbelievable goalkeeping performances I've seen in years. Ciprian Tătăruşanu plays for Olympique Lyonnais but apparently isn't the first choice! O.o

Like I said, Spain should've really made the game a cricket score but the victory was very important because the next few games are quite easy and should see Spain qualify with ease.

Another great thing from Spain's perspective is the amount of young players in the lineup yesterday.

Sergio Ramos(33), Jesus Navas(33),  Sergio Busquests(31) and Jordi Alba(30) who all started, are at the tail end of their end of their careers. But I get your point, this Spanish team is overall still younger than recent Spanish national teams.

In truth, Sweden are Spain's only real competitor in the group. Romania have not been a great team for a while now, they are average at national team level these days. Spain should qualify relatively comfortably from this group and I expect the manager to give other players more chances in the upcoming matches.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived