talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Euro 2020 Qualifiers) - Group I - September 2019

football forum

@CaaC (John) in continuation of are discussion in the rugby thread. I personally think Scotland should get a foreign manager and use the rest of the qualifiyers for him to learn his best side for the nation's league play offs. I don't think Clarke has made Scotland any better. As I said before I think Moyes is the best Scottish manager. I don't think Clarke has done anything Moyes couldn't but don't think he would be able to get Scotland to a tournament either.  So for me they should get a foreign manager in.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) in continuation of are discussion in the rugby thread. I personally think Scotland should get a foreign manager and use the rest of the qualifiyers for him to learn his best side for the nation's league play offs. I don't think Clarke has made Scotland any better. As I said before I think Moyes is the best Scottish manager. I don't think Clarke has done anything Moyes couldn't but don't think he would be able to get Scotland to a tournament either.  So for me they should get a foreign manager in.

Nah, I would still keep Clark, the last foreign manager we had was Berti Vogts and he was a disaster, going back to the years of the last managers to get us into World & European Football was Andy Roxburgh and followed by Craig Brown but back in those days we had world-class players like, Dalgleish, Souness, Gemmill, Joe (Jaws)Jordon, McQueen etc to name a few but nowadays we don't have anybody like that.

I still remember the goal scored by Scotland's Archie Gemmill against the Netherlands in 1978, that goal was classed as one of the greatest goals ever, it's a pity although Scotland won 3-2 they were knocked out of the World Cup, but the players in that world cup and match were a class above what we have nowadays.   

He was the wrong manager but there are plenty of good managers out there. Personally I would rather have an English manager managing England so I get not wanting a foreign manager but that doesn't mean a foreign manager wouldn't make Scotland better. Would you rather not see Scotland at a world or European cup again or would you rather get to one with a foreigner? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived