The better place to talk football.

Armenia vs Bosnia-Herzegovina - Sunday 8th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/09/2019 at 20:44, DeadLinesman said:

I can almost taste Vedran’s tears......

We are tragic, apart from Italy we have the "biggest" names in this group. Most of our players play in good clubs but our national team as a collective is super poor. Got what we deserved Armenia deserved their win, it was perhaps a bit tighter on the pitch that the scoreline suggests but no excuses. If you can't qualify in a group with Armenia, Finland and Greece then you shouldn't play the the Euro's. With this defeat we are as good as out.

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

We are tragic, apart from Italy we have the "biggest" names in this group. Most of our players play in good clubs but our national team as a collective is super poor. Got what we deserved Armenia deserved their win, it was perhaps a bit tighter on the pitch that the scoreline suggests but no excuses. If you can't qualify in a group with Armenia, Finland and Greece then you shouldn't play the the Euro's. With this defeat we are as good as out.

I completely agree with you, Bosnia have just not been playing well as a unit. They have the most talented players from all the teams in the group alongside Italy, but they have just not played well at all as a cohesive unit. Prosinecki was a great when he was a player, but he was just not good enough as Bosnia national team manager, I think that he has to shoulder a lot of the blame. 

It is not all over for Bosnia in these qualifiers though. Finland are the team to dislodge in 2nd place. They have been quitely winning and taking 3 points off the teams in this group, despite having lost twice against the Italians. It is therefore imperative that Bosnia win their next qualifier against Finland in Zenica. If Bosnia win, then they will be very much back in contention to qualify. If they draw or lose, then yeah, they will be practically out of contention. The next match against the Finns is do or die, but they are more than capable of beating the Finns in Zenica with the right management.

If the Bosnians beat Finland, then from their remaining matches, you'd expect them to beat Liechtenstein away from home. As for their other games against Greece and Italy, well the Greeks have been awful. If Bosnia can get an away win against Greece, that would really set them up very nicely as you would hope that they would at least get a draw at home against Italy.

It's not an easy task given the performances we have seen so far from Bosnia. But hopefully the new manager will be able to galvanise the team and get the best out of the very talented Bosnian players at his disposal.

Love your optimism but our players are shit under pressure and when is no pressure. Prosinečki resigned after the defeat against Armenia. We haven't improved under him if not we are worse. Hope we can get a foreigner who won't pick players by their name but with how they improve the team.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Love your optimism but our players are shit under pressure and when is no pressure. Prosinečki resigned after the defeat against Armenia. We haven't improved under him if not we are worse. Hope we can get a foreigner who won't pick players by their name but with how they improve the team.

Yeah, I know he resigned, that's why I hope that Bosnia bring in a new manager who can hopefully reinvigorate the team. I'm not highly optimistic of Bosnia qualifying, as the odds are clearly against Bosnia at this moment in time. But it is not beyond Bosnia to qualify given the talent they have available. That is why I think that the next match against Finland is crucial and where nothing less than a win will do for Bosnia.

Maybe an experienced foreign manager would be good for Bosnia as you suggest. Either way, one thing they should definitely do is hire a manager with a successful track record at international record. Technically Prosinecki was actually a foreign manager with his Croatian and Serbian roots, lol.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived