talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru 0-1 Ecuador - Friday 6th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just test players in this one. Couldn't care about the result, care more about seeing the likes of Gabriel Costa, Kevin Quevedo and Marcos Lopez to see if they can make an impact.

I would personally go with

Gallese

Advincula - Santamaria - Abram - Lopez

Aquino - Yotun

Costa - Cueva - Flores

Ruidiaz

Hopefully Quevedo gets a good amount of time off the bench. Aquino is better than Tapia, but knowing Gareca then Tapia will get the go. Same with Zambrano over Santamaria even though I personally trust the latter a lot more. Lopez deserves a chance for his good form at San Jose. Trauco is great and all but let's give him a rest this time.

• The title was changed to Peru 0-1 Ecuador - Friday 6th September, 2019
Just now, Stan said:

I'm more surprised at Honduras beating Chile. 

Honduras took that seriously though. For Chile it was just another friendly, but Honduras' ranking matters with the new CONCACAF qualification rules. If they are not one of the top 6 sides in the ranking, they will need a lottery to qualify.

Of course that doesn't change that it's still a shock, but it just highlights how stupid the new CONCACAF qualifying rules are. Friendlies are honestly not meant to be taken seriously. I know that some friendlies are important in Europe, but not all of them.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Hard to read mate... The most important thing about results is that it builds momentum and maintains confidence.

It's a friendly, and means little of course but it's still nice to beat Brazil in any case. Gareca has shattered another record and has become the first Peruvian manager ever to beat Brazil twice.

36 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's a friendly, and means little of course but it's still nice to beat Brazil in any case. Gareca has shattered another record and has become the first Peruvian manager ever to beat Brazil twice.

Friendlies can sometimes give lots of information and their results when against top sides can provide the winning team with the continuance required mentally. It's all about momentum! 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived