• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunderland to Talk to Simon Grayson About Managerial Vacancy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Finally flushed.

5 years in a row they failed to get 40 points in the Premier League.

How will they do next season? Which players will cut it? Should Moyes stay? Are they financially in trouble? Am I enjoying this?

Ten years mate.

Just now, Cure said:

Ten years mate.

9 crap ones and a 10th placed finish. 23% win ratio over a decade. 

They would have been better off going down 5 years ago.

The fans have been tortured quite cruelly and some of them seem quite happy to have a go in the Championship now. Win some games. Fight at the top. See some goals scored. 

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

9 crap ones and a 10th placed finish. 23% win ratio over a decade. 

They would have been better off going down 5 years ago.

The fans have been tortured quite cruelly and some of them seem quite happy to have a go in the Championship now. Win some games. Fight at the top. See some goals scored. 

I do feel sorry for that young Sunderland fan with the terminal illness. His hero in Defoe want's to stay in the Premier League and many of the players will just move on.

• Administrator

They were hanging around like a bad smell in the Premier League like Villa and Wigan were before those 2 eventually flushed as well. 

I don't think they'll come straight back up either. 

Financially, are they going to be able to spend like the higher-end championship clubs? Asking out of genuine ignorance.

My uninformed impression is that if they don't reinvest the money from their pre-season squad reconstruction wisely, they could have issues for a few years. 

It's been coming for years, I think Moyes' position is almost untenable. The fans absolutely hate him but they could certainly do worse than sticking with him in the Championship.

There'll be a hell of a lot of changes there over the summer.

When you look at there squad on paper you realise just how much of a clear out they're going to need. I think for that to happen Moyes should leave because the club needs someone with a different attitude to take them in another direction. Given the amount of signings needed I wouldn't be surprised if they end up competing for a top half finish and a managerial change happens along the way.

There advantage could be that the big clubs may be willing to allow players like Tammy Abraham and Aaron Moy to play for Sunderland because they can get used to winning and playing in front of a big crowd every week but given that every Championship club will now want these players that may not be a guarantee.

I'm glad to see them go. Nothing against the club Sunderland but what they have been in the last three years in particular is something i won't miss. They will be back and hopefully they won't be the same side that went down that chimes back up. 

Moyes should stay no question. To restart his career he needed to properly bottom out and come back up and now he finally has the opportunity to do it. A step removed from the short termism of a bottom scraping EPL side where you can think and plan more than 6 months down the track. 

That club need stability not the multiple manager changes per year desperately trying to scrape a 17th placed finish. Back Moyes with a bit of cash and a couple of year contract and they'll be back up sooner rather than later. 

55 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

When you look at there squad on paper you realise just how much of a clear out they're going to need. I think for that to happen Moyes should leave because the club needs someone with a different attitude to take them in another direction. Given the amount of signings needed I wouldn't be surprised if they end up competing for a top half finish and a managerial change happens along the way.

There advantage could be that the big clubs may be willing to allow players like Tammy Abraham and Aaron Moy to play for Sunderland because they can get used to winning and playing in front of a big crowd every week but given that every Championship club will now want these players that may not be a guarantee.

There is huge pressure down here on Moy to find a premier league club. For better or worse I think he will be on the books of a prem team next year.

25 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

There is huge pressure down here on Moy to find a premier league club. For better or worse I think he will be on the books of a prem team next year.

He looks good enough to play for anybody outside the top seven. The downside is he's Manchester City's player so he will end up wherever they want him too. I wouldn't be surprised if that's Celtic but I understand why Sunderland will feel they can put forward a case to try and loan some of these players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Moyes Resigns Following Sunderland Relegation
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Moyes resigns!

Well. That was quick. I'd heard he was pushing to get sacked by calling out the board this week, guessing he wasn't going to get the boot so decided to jump. 

25 minutes ago, Batard said:

Well. That was quick. I'd heard he was pushing to get sacked by calling out the board this week, guessing he wasn't going to get the boot so decided to jump. 

If that is the case it shows the true nature of the man. The only reason he would be trying to get sacked is for the payoff. By resigning he forfeits it.

Archived