talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunderland to Talk to Simon Grayson About Managerial Vacancy

I think he'll find it tough to get another decent job now.

Did well at Everton over a long period of time but his last three jobs have been nothing short of absolutely shambolic. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If that is the case it shows the true nature of the man. The only reason he would be trying to get sacked is for the payoff. By resigning he forfeits it.

He was calling out the board to support him over transfers, my snifters say the board said "Nope"

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Kevin Phillips is 9/2 favourite to take over 

Good shout. I wonder when Alan Pardew will say he'd consider it if asked. The leach. 

It looks an awful job for whoever goes in there.

Pardew is a good shout and I'm sure he'd take it if it was offered, and he's probably the best they could hope for even though he's absolutely useless.

'If anybody wanted to leave, they'd be poorer for it. Most people that have left here, it's not tended to work out for them.'

Moyes in 2010. 

Two sackings, a relegation and a resignation followed. 

McInnes has done a good job at Aberdeen, they are the closest team to Celtic by a distance at the moment.

Didn't he manage somewhere in England before and it went completely tits up though? Bristol City springs to mind although I may be thinking of someone completely different.

He was at Bristol City before, but it didn't go well for him. I'm not entirely sure of the circumstances but I think it was at a time of serious cost cutting at the club.

Would be gutted if he left Aberdeen, but perfectly understandable. Realistically, there isn't much more he could do with the club with the funds available to him.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Derek McInnes is having talks now

He's a gamble, he'll definitely take the job too as I can't see how he can take Aberdeen further, they've not got the resources to be able to challenge Celtic.

If he was responsible for recruitment at Bristol City then he failed as he steadied the ship in his first season, and then after being given a budget that should have seen them shoot up the table he was sacked quite quickly in to the season and they ended up bottom by some distance.

Maybe the SPL just suits him. Being entrusted with what will need to be a major clear out at Sunderland seems like a big gamble.

Couldn't believe it when I read it earlier. To be honest I think it would have been an interesting appointment given the fact he isn't one of the "proper football men" that mop up most of the jobs in England. Could have done pretty well but I think it is a huge rebuild job, as big if not bigger than us last Summer.

It'll be Paul Lambert I think.

• Subscriber

I'm having some money on them to go again. A club the size of Sunderland being turned down to stay at Aberdeen is staggering nowadays. There must be some serious issues at that club.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm having some money on them to go again. A club the size of Sunderland being turned down to stay at Aberdeen is staggering nowadays. There must be some serious issues at that club.

Either serious issues or that there is a take over expected and no job security for Decka. Mackems are clinging on to it being the second one but I seriously hope it's the first one. Wouldn't shed a tear if we never play them again.

Archived