talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunderland to Talk to Simon Grayson About Managerial Vacancy

There's definitely something wrong, money I think. To make that club competitive next season they're going to have to rebuild and spend some serious money, any manager knows that.

Next season will be one of the most competitive Championship seasons ever.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been hemorrhaging money for years, £20-30m a season

Their wage bill last season was over £80m. Lee Cattermole and John O'Shea are on £50k a week, Borini on £60k. 

Looks like Short has given up and wants out but wants £100m, that is £30m more than what Villa went for.

So Ellis Short wants out, the wage bill is huge, there's no creativity or end product left in the team and they've got rid of their one sellable asset already.

It's not a very attractive proposition for an owner or a Manager. There saving grace is Forest, QPR, Burton and Bristol City are a lot worse than them. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them closer to the bottom three than the top six unless something big changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Haven't got the link but Sunderland have asked Preston to speak to Simon Grayson and Grayson told his club he wants to speak to them about the manager's job. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

Really sensible appointment by Sunderland. I bet PNE fans are gutted!! 

Thank god he got rid of his hair, it was an awful haircut prior to him getting it shaved xD

I don't think it was a haircut. He was just losing hair rapidly xD 

Archived