talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• Subscriber

Basically a place for anything related to German football that doesn't fit in any existing thread and doesn't warrant a new one...

Came across this stats overview thread on twitter today and though it's quite interesting: 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Welcome to Ale - happy that we will not be arguing for a few weeks after getting Part one of the derby over last week!  As for Tommy - have a great set of 180's tonight and a whole day tomorrow to get over the consumption which will undoubtedly follow tonight's matches.  Stay happy in the knowledge that there are far worse teams this year in the BL and you are safe for another season already (almost).  Now for Pokal 3 next Monday! - trust in Jen, Jis and Feder!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mexican youngsters abroad 

Adrian Goransch- Wolfsburg defender (LB) and captain. Had knee surgery earlier this season but his senior debut is imminent. Can play midfielder and upfront too.

He was captain of the U19. Wolfsburg II Captain is Julian Klamt as far as I know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Relling said:

So, do you beautiful, though cynical and dark hearted, experts, think anyone can challenge Bayern for the title this year?

Who would be more likely? RB, BVB, Gladbach, someone else? 

Think Dortmund will become more consistent even though it may still be under Favre. Gladbach and RB will put up good fights but perhaps tail off towards the end of the season. Participation in Europe is still a big factor - Dortmund and Bayern have big enough squads to rotate I think? Not sure if RB and Gladbach have the same kind of depth.

4 hours ago, Relling said:

So, do you beautiful, though cynical and dark hearted, experts, think anyone can challenge Bayern for the title this year?

I think Gladbach will be in the mix until the end of the season and COULD end up winning the Championship. Marco Rose brought a new style to the team, which they had to get used to at first, but worked out very well. They have so many talented players as well, even on the bench. So I'd dismiss all the "lack of depth" talk. But we'll see. Would be great if they could keep it going. 

Other than that, I think it's obvious that Red Bullshit will be among the contenders. Dortmund... I don't know. They seem so fragile. Even if they let Favre go in the near future, I don't know if that squad could ever find the right "harmony" to succeed. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Relling said:

That Austrian softdrink promotion vehicle will be challenging until the end of season, unfortunately. My gut feeling is Gladbachis a serious contender, if they don't lose three or four of their key players (Sommer obviously, Thuram, Stindl, Ginter, and Herrmann) because of lengthy injuries. As for Dortmund, tend to agree with Tommy here, their squad seems to lack the required tuning to perform consistently enough. Whether this is down to the manager or derives from their player's tendencies to overrate themselves is a complete other question- there are hints that indicate both might be the case.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

14 hours ago, Relling said:

Dortmund are the side with the most potential that can challenge Bayern, but not with some of their recent performances. I really think that Favre has to go. I believe that the right manager can get this Dortmund team back to playing to their true potential(beating Atletico Madrid 4-0 type of potential). So I don't see Dortmund seriously challenging this season. 

Gladbach have looked very good at times this season, but convincing defeats to RB Leipzig, Union Berlin and worst of all Wolfsberger, has given me serious doubts as to whether they have the consistency to seriously compete for the title.

Schalke are a bit erratic performance wise and not as good as the other teams currently in the top 5 in my opinion. They have some great players and they have played very well in some games this season, but they don't seem good enough to mount a serious challenge to Bayern. I can see them falling off a little when the season reaches its final stages.

In my estimation, RB Leipzig will be Bayern's biggest challengers this season. The CL will be a distraction for Leipzig, especially as they have already qualified for the Round of 16. Leipzig themselves have been a bit inconsistent at times, but recent form would suggest to me that they are probably over that and that things are really coming together for them as a team. In the past month or so, they have blitzed Mainz 8-0, Wolfsburg 6-1, Hertha 4-2 and Koln 4-1. Even when they went 2-0 down in their recent CL match against Benfica, they dominated most of the game and they showed real character to comeback and draw 2-2. 

Leipzig's team also have a lot of depth and there is a good balance within the team. Of course their team is still very young, so that can perhaps count against them at times, but as Ajax showed last season, if you're good enough, age shouldn't really matter when it comes to getting big results. So I'd say that Leipzig will be Bayern's biggest challengers this season in the Bundesliga. 

Edited by Michael

Perhaps this is the wrong time to assess this.  With the January transfer window nearly upon us BVB could lose Sancho,  RB will be asked for Werner, Harit is being chased from us and a number of Gladbach players are being watched.  Italy, Spain and The UK are all looking at the BL  and only young kids are coming the other way.  Only Muller in the South is being talked about for the US as the one to leave there so anything could happen and - despite contradictory assurances, if Barca offer real cash for Harit, our chances of anything will go as we will - as usual - bite the hand holding the Euros!  Perhaps this discussion would be better served when the dust in January has settled and we all know who is left with us to fight out the second half of the season.

Incidentally young Max was not even on the bench last night and he might be back in the BL sooner than he thought!

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2019 at 16:10, SchalkeUK said:

Perhaps this is the wrong time to assess this.  With the January transfer window nearly upon us BVB could lose Sancho,  RB will be asked for Werner, Harit is being chased from us and a number of Gladbach players are being watched.  Italy, Spain and The UK are all looking at the BL  and only young kids are coming the other way.  Only Muller in the South is being talked about for the US as the one to leave there so anything could happen and - despite contradictory assurances, if Barca offer real cash for Harit, our chances of anything will go as we will - as usual - bite the hand holding the Euros!  Perhaps this discussion would be better served when the dust in January has settled and we all know who is left with us to fight out the second half of the season.

Incidentally young Max was not even on the bench last night and he might be back in the BL sooner than he thought!

I very much doubt that Sancho will leave in January given that Dortmund have qualified for the next round of the Champions League. There is no point in selling him in January as they don't need to sell him at the begining of the year and they will need his services for the Round of 16 of the Champions League. Furthermore, the next round of Champions League games and beyond are a great stage for Sancho to continue showcasing his skills. So that if Dortmund sell Sancho during the summer(which is quite likely given the demand), they will be able to ask for an even greater transfer fee.

Harit has just signed a new contract at Schalke, but as Schalke could do with the money, I wouldn't rule out a January transfer for the little Moroccan.

Haaland joining either Dortmund or RB Leipzig, could be the biggest January Bundesliga transfer. He would be a great addition to the league.

No doubt, Sancho will not leave in this window for sure. He enjoys friendship and is patient boy. 
 Favre stays, and that's it -  BVB will try to win tittle with this squad, I think this the year. 

Edited by Ale

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Bundesliga top scorer's of the decade. Lewy and Auba's strike numbers are hugely impressive but alot of other very good rates here too. Hey Jogi you might want to give this Kießling kid a call huh xD

l8wquko3yb941.jpg?width=503&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 5 months later...
  • The topic was pinned