talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

2 hours ago, Eco said:

I started looking into the town and region, absolutely love the vie and the landscape of it all. 

The whole area is worth spending time to get to know.  Usually the missis and I like to stop over in Ulm - only about 3 hours from Freiburg.  Great city - nice hotels and - for the history buffs - the birthplace of Einstein and in 1972 we were introduced to Cauliflower soup which sounds yeuch, but is quite nice really!  It's also not too far from Stuttgart so you could also drop in the VFB Mercedes-Benz Stadium for a BL game now that they are back up!  After the war Stuttgart was a place we UK kids got to know as it was easy to receive the latest US Music from AFN Stuttgart (360m medium wave) from about 4 in the afternoon when the layer came down! In Freiburg you are near enough to take a trip into Switzerland and only 1 hour from Rheinfelden - birthplace of young Herr Rakitic - who tells me the beer there is the best in the country.  I am already envious of you and your trip and hope the C19 doesn't spoil it for you.

• Upvote 1

On 04/09/2020 at 12:43, Spike said:

I think we should all put aside our differences and laugh at Stuttgart for selling or releasing all of these players too early

Bernd Leno
Serge Gnabry
Timo Werner
Antonio Rudiger
Joshua Kimmich
Thilo Kehrer
Sebastian Rudy

Hindsight is 20/20, and I know we've discussed this a lot in the past, but I doubt any club can do worse than Inter Milan when it comes to selling way too early. xD

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Hindsight is 20/20, and I know we've discussed this a lot in the past, but I doubt any club can do worse than Inter Milan when it comes to selling way too early. xD

Hindsight is 20/20 but you'd think that they'd know a little better when it's players in the academy.

Just now, Azeem said:

Why there wasn't much reaction when Gotze and Lewandowski moved from Dortmund to Bayern ? Like they're rivals don't see that in Germany like other countries where fans go crazy

Germans have no emotion and understand that is is business as usual. Nothing personall.

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Why there wasn't much reaction when Gotze and Lewandowski moved from Dortmund to Bayern ? Like they're rivals don't see that in Germany like other countries where fans go crazy

I think there was a lot of reaction with Gotze, as he left his childhood club to that the 'dark side', only to fail miserably and come back. 

Lewandowski I think was more about seeing the writing on the wall. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I think there was a lot of reaction with Gotze, as he left his childhood club to that the 'dark side', only to fail miserably and come back. 

Lewandowski I think was more about seeing the writing on the wall. 

'Childhood club' is generally nonsense, I've thought. How do we know that Gotze didn't support Bayern when he was 7? Besides his family is from Bavaria (I think...)

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

'Childhood club' is generally nonsense, I've thought. How do we know that Gotze didn't support Bayern when he was 7? Besides his family is from Bavaria (I think...)

I'll look for it, but there is actual photo evidence I believe on him as a kid wearing the Dortmund kit and I believe playing for them at a young age. 

97d25b369206e8dda121a7baa5d0aa60--bayern

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I'll look for it, but there is actual photo evidence I believe on him as a kid wearing the Dortmund kit and I believe playing for them at a young age. 

That is just being at the academy though that doesn't mean fandom. Iniesta grew up as a Madrid fan for instance

Edited by Spike

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

That is just being at the academy though that doesn't mean fandom.

Yeah - signed for Dortmund at 8...but I couldn't imagine an 8 year old NOT being a fan of the team he is playing for, especially when it's a powerhouse like Dortmund. And he spent 12 years at BvB before choosing Bayern. I just think that was felt as more of a betrayal than Lewy's case as he was only there for 4 years...I meant he's been at Bayern longer than he was at BvB. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Spike said:

29 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah I pretty much agree with @Spike

Gerrard and Carragher were apparently Everton fans as kids yet spent their careers at Liverpool.

Kane has a picture of him in Arsenal kit yet is one of the best British strikers ever at Tottenham.

Don't ask what boyhood club Robbie Keane supported though. There was a time where he'd move to clubs and say he supported them as a kid xD 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah I pretty much agree with @Spike

Gerrard and Carragher were apparently Everton fans as kids yet spent their careers at Liverpool.

Kane has a picture of him in Arsenal kit yet is one of the best British strikers ever at Tottenham.

Don't ask what boyhood club Robbie Keane supported though. There was a time where he'd move to clubs and say he supported them as a kid xD 

My main point though was Gotze spent more than half his life at a Club, and then left for their rivals, compared to a player (Lewy) that was only there for 4 years before leaving. There are massive differences between those two situations even though they both involve a player moving from Dortmund to Bayern. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Mind helping a non-German out please sir? I think the first lines says, 

I find Bundesliga good. 

Basically. "I like our Bundesliga. And I don't care if it's not the best league in the world. I don't want clubs to be sold to owners."

Just now, Tommy said:

Basically. "I like our Bundesliga. And I don't care if it's not the best league in the world. I don't want clubs to be sold to owners."

So the most likable coach in the Bundesliga just became more of a legend? 

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

A must-read from 11 Freunde regarding the Super League:

https://11freunde.de/artikel/macht-kaputt-was-euch-kaputt-macht/3681000

xD A good read, I like this bit...

"Let's put it like it is: modern football is a load of shit. Windy investors, corporate clubs, a Champions League in which the same big clubs keep getting richer and then crush the national leagues at the weekend. It sucks, sorry..."

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD A good read, I like this bit...

"Let's put it like it is: modern football is a load of shit. Windy investors, corporate clubs, a Champions League in which the same big clubs keep getting richer and then crush the national leagues at the weekend. It sucks, sorry..."

My favourite part was "Then go ahead, do it - fuck off to your circus league, you damned turbo-capitalists." xD 

• Haha 2